Indoor (closet)
Soil
5 gallon
FFOF
1 KingTM 300w Full Spectrum 360-870nm
Temp range 75-79 77avg
RH 39-43 400avg
I haven't been able to acquire a ph meter
I water about 3 times a week. I usually finger check(up to my first knuckle) the soil for moisture and water accordingly
No pest
Grow space is about 9ft tall about 3 ft in length and 2-3ft in depth. (Basic closet)

I got these clones from a dispensary in Oct 8. They were about 4 inches when I bought them. I transplanted them into 5 gallon pots of FFOF. No supplements have been added. During the first week I noticed both plants suffered nutrient burn and nitrogen toxicity. Discoloring in the leaves and claw shaped leaves were the symptoyms. I'm about a month in and the newer leaves aren't as dark green anymore and no claw shaped leaves.
My 1st question: is my plant at about the right size for being about a month in? (They're about 7 inches now)
My 2nd question: is my LST ok?
My 3rd question: can I and would it be OK to take a clone from the og plant. (Picture will be provided)
My last question: is there anything I can fix or have be done better.
I appreciate any and all feedback.
Top is og
Bottom is lemon

Hi.
1. I guess it is smaller that can be after 1 month;
2. Yes it looks like OK;
I think your growing is good, what else I want to wish you good luck:goodluck:

Hi! I really appreciate the response and best wishes. Do you think the nutrient burn might have been the culprit for the stunt in growth?

It sounds like it might have been a shock going from no nutes to right into ffof, maybe there is a way to buffer it next time not really sure, I dont lst, what do you have for lights, are you going completely organic

If you got the usual solo cup-sized clone, that plant would need quite a while to fill the 5 gal pot with roots. Root building is the plant's first priority - and it should be yours, as well. I usually go cup > 1 gal > 7 gal. Once those roots get caught up, it should go into turbo mode.

I've not used FFOF, but it sounds like it should be OK as long as you don't add anything else in the way of nute's for a while. I probably would have cut it a some for the little ones.

hello,
Think Major Pita hit question #1 out of the ball park with his answer. Once the roots settle in she is going to take off like a raped aped. I go big pots right out of the gate too.
#2-LST is subjective to what you want it to do. If that is what you intended it to do I would say you hit a home run. I normally top my plants 1st then start LST each main stem to open her up and flatten her down, but that is my style and what I want and what you want may be different. If you are happy with the results then you my friend hit a home run.
#3-I have not seen the plant in question yet but for me I prefer to let my girls get a little size to them before I start cloning off them. Does not have to be huge, but big enough that when I start cutting branches off her she will be able to deal with the stress. When you post it I may say OH hell clone away. Really kind of depends on her size.

If you got the usual solo cup-sized clone, that plant would need quite a while to fill the 5 gal pot with roots. Root building is the plant's first priority - and it should be yours, as well. I usually go cup > 1 gal > 7 gal. Once those roots get caught up, it should go into turbo mode.

I've not used FFOF, but it sounds like it should be OK as long as you don't add anything else in the way of nute's for a while. I probably would have cut it a some for the little ones.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will most likely do that for my next grow. Should I wait for the roots to start poking through the drainage holes? Also do you think maybe adding some regular top soil from my back yard and mixing it with FFOF would dilute the soil to avoid nutrient burn?

Thanks again for the feedbackk.

im no organic expert but you dont want to mix dirt from your yard it could have all kinds of crap in it, bugs, fungi etc.. just make your own/buy basic potting soil and mix it with that

hello,
Think Major Pita hit question #1 out of the ball park with his answer. Once the roots settle in she is going to take off like a raped aped. I go big pots right out of the gate too.
#2-LST is subjective to what you want it to do. If that is what you intended it to do I would say you hit a home run. I normally top my plants 1st then start LST each main stem to open her up and flatten her down, but that is my style and what I want and what you want may be different. If you are happy with the results then you my friend hit a home run.
#3-I have not seen the plant in question yet but for me I prefer to let my girls get a little size to them before I start cloning off them. Does not have to be huge, but big enough that when I start cutting branches off her she will be able to deal with the stress. When you post it I may say OH hell clone away. Really kind of depends on her size.

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to respond I appreciate it.
I appreciate all your input. As for the picture of the girl I want to see if I can clone. She is the one on the bottom (og kush).

I will try to get better pictures later on today.

Thank you for your feedback I really appreciate it.

im no organic expert but you dont want to mix dirt from your yard it could have all kinds of crap in it, bugs, fungi etc.. just make your own/buy basic potting soil and mix it with that
Good point. Yea I will probably do that. I was also thinking of maybe flushing it to dilute it. I don't think it's the most efficient way but just an idea.
Thank you for your input I appreciate it.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will most likely do that for my next grow. Should I wait for the roots to start poking through the drainage holes? Also do you think maybe adding some regular top soil from my back yard and mixing it with FFOF would dilute the soil to avoid nutrient burn?

Roots can accidentally come out of the drainage hole in the first week of a young seedling, and pretty rapidly with clones too. This is definitely NOT an indication that you need to up-pot. This is a deep rooting plant, and the very first thing it does is to send roots down to the bottom. You need to let those roots not just hit the bottom, but fill up that small container before you up-pot. The best way to do this is monitoring the water usage... at first it will take several days for the plant to use up all the water after a good watering, but as the root system develops and gets stronger, that time between waterings decreases every time.

My general rules for uppotting are these... if the plant can drain the water even one time in less than 2 days or if I see any yellowing on the lowermost leaves, not caused by overwatering.

I absolutely would not mix dirt with good soil. Dirt from outside needs to stay outside and not be mixed with a scientifically designed soil. Just don't add any nutes to that hot soil and you will be ok. I started my clones and even new seeds all the time in Ocean Forest... just flush it really good before you put them in there and you will be fine.

Roots can accidentally come out of the drainage hole in the first week of a young seedling, and pretty rapidly with clones too. This is definitely NOT an indication that you need to up-pot. This is a deep rooting plant, and the very first thing it does is to send roots down to the bottom. You need to let those roots not just hit the bottom, but fill up that small container before you up-pot. The best way to do this is monitoring the water usage... at first it will take several days for the plant to use up all the water after a good watering, but as the root system develops and gets stronger, that time between waterings decreases every time.

My general rules for uppotting are these... if the plant can drain the water even one time in less than 2 days or if I see any yellowing on the lowermost leaves, not caused by overwatering.

I absolutely would not mix dirt with good soil. Dirt from outside needs to stay outside and not be mixed with a scientifically designed soil. Just don't add any nutes to that hot soil and you will be ok. I started my clones and even new seeds all the time in Ocean Forest... just flush it really good before you put them in there and you will be fine.
Thank you for your fewdback i really appreciate it.
So a general way to know when to up pot is if the plant starts showing signs of nutrient deficiency in the pot is in?

As to the clone issue from the plant on the bottom pic, sure you could clone say the bottom left branch and get a nice clone, just not sure why you would want to so early in her life. Would I clone it? not yet, only because that is my style of growing. I prefer not to stress the ladies at an early age. Would you kill her if you did it now? Absolutely not, though you will stress her some. I know you want to try out new things which are great, I would only suggest patience and let her get a little more size on her before you start cloning.

I wouldn't do anything with the pot you have already. When I "cut" my soil, I use Promix and perlite = non-soil.
For cloning, I'd wait. That plant is too small. The plant wouldn't appreciate it and getting a successful clone would be difficult at this point.

Hey I want to thank you all for the help. I managed to get some more pictures hopefully they're a little better. One of the leaves on my og has a dark green outline could this be because of the nitrogen toxicity?

As of today my og has grown from 7 to roughly 10 inches so I'm happy about that. Lemon is from 7 to 9 inches so they're chugging along.
Snapchat-4650361127165494059.jpg
Snapchat--7417135531659008765.jpg
Snapchat--7417135531659008765.jpg

I also have another question. I plan on flowering when they're about 12 inches so I don't think it will be that long. So now I need to plan on getting a carbon scrubber and fan. My only question is how should I go about installing it without have to make holes in the wall. Would I be able to just attach the scrubber in the closet and have the closet door slightly open for the fan to be on the outside? Would any smell leak? Any help would be appreciated.
Snapchat--1935608960312626119.jpg

Back
Top Bottom