First time grower second try first might be dying

Ok so Ive been feed VG the nutes for a while now and never switched on and off water with and without nutes.. so I was thinking maybe next feed just water ph at 6.3-6.5
But u went to check on her and she felt a lil light and dry and I fed her the 12/1/15 so about 2 days ago .. I was thinking of just giving her water tonight or tomorrow. .but I don't want to over due it... and I usually give her 2 red solo cups every feed

20151205_124340.jpg
20151205_124348.jpg
20151205_124355.jpg

So I fed VG with HP 6.3 water with no nutes and I woke up to her looking like this ...is this normal .. her next feed im going to go back to her nutes had half strength see how she takes it .. thanks for your input and advice

Ok, I'm not sure why you're backing off on the nutes. She's an auto, and she's already flowering. You need to make sure she gets plenty of every nute she will need. And this means all of them.

Your last pic to me, she looks thirsty or some stress (I can't say without knowing everything you've done between pics), and she's yellowing. Without zooming in, also some purpleing stalks on that fan leaf, so I'd say calcium/magnesium deficiency starting to show. This is partly experience and watching a cal/mg deficiency, and from seeing how my girls are with running twice the recommended and seeing the results (I went to 10mg/gal after the rec 5m/gl didn't cut it). Someone with more experience may point out that I'm incorrectly thinking it's not a nitrogen deficiency. I think that cause it's blotchy light green, not uniform.

I also don't understand how you're feeding, because you're using a different nute line, but I've honestly never seen it described the way you are... I'm confused ;p But I think that it's safe to say that you need to really concentrate on your nutes, and make sure she is getting them every time she needs them. You may be thinking of when people refer to flushing with plain water.

Flushing is done for several reasons, the reason I flush is to keep salt (think old nutes) build up cleaned away, and just before harvest. I don't flush between veg/flower. And for better or worse, until I have more experience, my thinking on nutes is this:

If your plant isn't burning, feed her. When I was finishing in soil I fed full nutes every time, which was every three days once things were stable. I still needed more cal/mag but the 5ml/gl helped and things turned out fine. Flushed with plain ph'd water 3 days before and 2 hours before harvest.

It's your first grow and you've not run into any real issues, don't blow it now. Keep your lights consistant, keep your air moving, get and keep to a full meal feeding schedule that doesn't burn, and get ready for dry/cure.

Sorry for confusion...I'll try to break it down
I was assuming that you had to flush every 4 weeks like it shows on FF schedule. ..so I haven't done it till now yet and it's 8th week ... so I figured can flush with ph b4 this I was feeding it nutes since 3-4 weeks it popped out soil..
So what I do is...
1gal. Ph balanced bottled water
2ML BB from FF
1ML GB from FF
1ML TB from FF
Mix them in the gallon of water and feed VG 2 red solo cups every time
Now im going to go back yo the nutes again and do..
1 gallon ph balanced bottle water
4ML BB
2ML GB
2ML TB...
And see how she handles it ... if not I'll go back

Ok, not sure what those stand for, however, presuming they are like the GH 3 part (grow/micro/bloom), you want to make sure you're feeding for bloom or flower, not growth phase. I can't say anything on doubling the amounts since I've never used em. But the ratio I'm using is 1: 2 : 3, or 1grow/2micro/3bloom, if it were heavy veg, that'd be reversed, and half strength is half of 1 : 1 :1 ratio.

But you are solidly in flower now, so feed like you are. There's no need to be gentle at this point, just if she starts to burn, back off a little, not a lot.

The yellowing is splotchy so I'll stick with my initial impression. I hate, like, hate trying to determine if it's this or that deficiency in soil....

Hey guys .. hope all is well.. cuz we ate not 100% sure if it's a auto... question is .. do I need to change my lights now since it's flowering or it doesn't matter

Since you havn't changed your lights, and she's flowering, she's an auto. You don't 'have' to, but it'll help to go with your 2700k bulbs.

20151207_163919.jpg
20151207_163909.jpg

So I woke up to look on VG b4 leaving for work and thus bud magically grew over night. .lol j/k...
Good day friends...thought I would post some pictures
First to are my favorite bong with perks and two ashcatchers connected
And the other is a corn pipe style blown glass hits like a champ
20151207_164054.jpg
20151207_164156.jpg
20151207_164212.jpg
20151207_164128.jpg
20151207_164228.jpg

She is doing lovely and im going to feed in about 3 days and going to a 1/2 dose now in the gallon of water.. I originally was going 1/4 of recommended dosage now going to go 1/2 recommended dosage .
I have faith that she shouldbe able to handle it...

Next pics Will be showing a few more LST'D I did last night
20151207_164455.jpg
20151207_164505.jpg
:morenutes::lot-o-toke::roorrip::rollit::Rasta:

I just found a thread at another site, yeah you got a magnesium deficiency going on there. Second to last pic, the yellow leaves with green veins.

She's auto and flowering, you're cutting your yield by not feeding her enough.

I was thinking of pick up some product I saw on some youtube vids... calmag ...and your saying maybe I should try full dosage and if it doesn't take it go half if anything...but if I go full dosage would it help with he deficiency and would j have to still buy calmag or do you guys have other products I could use

I use cal/mag along with the regular nutes. The only time you'd go easy on nutes is when the plant is young, freshly transplanted, or burning from over feeding. The only time you'd not use nutes is the last week of flower (some may say two weeks but you don't even have to flush depending on your nutes).

What I did for my soil plants was mix the nutes, add cal'/mag, and pH it down to 6.4~6.5 as usual. The only other thing you'd want to look into is a silica additive. Silicablast works quite well.

edit'

How long has she been growing? You can do the math and tell approximately when she should be ready to harvest. She was on 18/6 lights and flowered right?

The less you feed her, the smaller her yield will be. Again, I'm unfamiliar with your nutes, so I can't say if they're 'too strong' or what. She should be able to take full nutes I'd think.

Ok, I could ask questions about those three, like, is tiger bloom and big bloom basically the same thing? (both bloom food vs your grow nute). But you're better off asking someone who's used those before.

Back
Top Bottom