First time grower second try first might be dying

Well, the main difference is that a compact floro is, well, compact... lol. But that t5 means you'd need a fixture for it. I find cfl's cheap and easy to use since it's got so small a footprint. Also spare or alternate temp bulbs are much easier to store and change out. As I finished my first grow, I decided that lights is something later to change. I still needed to get everything else pinned down before I made a major change like that (major change to me is lights or grow medium).

One big thing I'd recommend is that you do everything you can to make sure you don't have another auto plant for your next grow.

Hahaha... honestly long as I can get seeds .. I don't care if it's auto or not... long as it grows smells and taste good... im happy. .. but I don't want to do it right the first time so I don't have any mistakes in the next grow...but like I said earlier I guess Ill just stick to my cfls... I have a ballast for the t5 and I know how to connect a pluG to it and I know it will work... my main thing will it be fine to add this T5 in the grow room and help the plant grow more

Now that light would be good as a veg light for sure. I'm going to set up a 24" one for clones. The thing I found is that a plant can easily outgrow the light envelope, so I prefer the cfl's for most everything. To work it in for a grow, I would use it and cfl's around it to fill out the footprint, but have the 6500's for veg, then switch out the cfl's for 2700k bulbs. You will still get benifits from using the t5 during flower, but you'd want to overload lots of 2700k bulbs so you get the most development. Or switch to 2700k t5 bulbs for flower.

The reason I say that you should do some non auto, is so you get a real picture of what it takes to grow good weed. An auto will flower unless you kill it. It's not the best thing to learn with, since it reinforces bad habits/practices. But a normal photoperiod plant, you can manage and keep to a relative size until you are ready to move on.

As far as taste and aroma. Once you get your harvest cured, your opinion on what is good smelling/tasting weed, will change :3

Ok guys I followed the instructions on the bottle for general feeding not heavy feeding .. so I went full on nutes let's see how she handles this ..im a lil nervous cuz when it told me to put of the big bloom (BB) made the water practically brown .. but again not blaming anyone for anything but I am going to say I trust you guys since you all are more experienced than me..:morenutes::blunt: fingers crossed

I'm going to bet over the next three days you're going to see some significant growth. If she shows no sign of burning, next feeding increase the nutes to the heavy feeding, and give her full nutes with each watering (she should be able to take water every three days I'd think). Don't worry about the color of the water. As long as you get no burnt tips, keep this up till the end.

Don't get too worried over flushing, since you can easily feed normally, then the day you're going to harvest, feed plain ph'd water two hours before you cut. Your dry/cure removes any nasty taste from your weed.

Good evening or afternoon... depending where you are... I decided to day to make a 2ft out of a 4ft florescent holder can't think of the right word right now... soo this is what I did...

20151209_174825.jpg
20151209_175733.jpg
20151209_180340.jpg
20151209_180251.jpg
20151209_180430.jpg
20151209_180441.jpg

... so it works now... this is a T8 6500k I hope this is good.. and should I put it in my grow tent...

And I think VG need they cal/mag leaves are turning yellow fast ...

20151209_180828.jpg
20151209_180834.jpg

Appreciate input and let me know what you guys and gals think..good day:thanks:

Love to see ingenuity at work. Any light will be good, the best light would be 2700k for flower remember.

The yellowing leaves is nothing to be concerned with per se. She is hungry, so she is eating herself, that means you need to increase nutes. But overall, the yellowing is normal during the last stages of flowering for the lowest leaves. Just give them a tug, they will pop right off when she's finished with them. No need to prune them off. Remember, your flowering nutes are low in nitrogen.

Looks good. Go heavy nutes next feeding.

And from This Pic , looks like the cal/mag is working. That streaking on the stem. As long as it's going away, keep doing what you're doing. If it's getting bigger, then increase the amount of calmag you're using and make sure to monitor your pH.

Ya got some frost I see. :thumb: Enjoy watching them fatten up.

I still didn't give it the cal/mag. ..all I did was give it the general nute feed .. going to go heavy next.. but thanks

Ok, add in the calimag at the recommended dose, and adjust your pH down to 6.4 to put it in. That will cover the calmag uptake envelope. In a few days you should see that streaking go down. You want to get the calimag in there now, before you start getting the necrosis spots on your leaves (that appear after your stems are purple). Near as I understand it, the calcium is needed for the mg, or other way round, but one problem leads to the other.

Yes, mix up your nutes and test it. If it's at 5.6, then for soil, you want to adjust it up to 6.5, then water. After things have stabalized, or on your next grow, since VG is almost done, you'll want to water in @ 6.4, and the pH should raise naturally to 6.5 and up. This is how you keep the micro nutrients available. If you keep this up till she finishes, you should see general overall improvement. So for your next grow, this is something to repeat, and improve on.

From what you've posted and VG's size, I think it's safe to say that noone figured she was an auto until it was too late except ride it out. But your next grow, I would be more aggressive with the nutrients. Meaning for the week of germination, plain water, then a week of half nutes, then full nutes the next week or right into heavy feeding. A bit of research into the nute line would be in order, because again, I don't use FF!

Ok ok . I usually ph balance water first then add nutes....and it usually at 6.3-6.5...but I actually checked the balance last feed and noticed it said 5.6 and didn't pay mind thinking it was always gonna change the balance cuz I nutes and water was still balanced. .. now I know what I have been doing wrong never balance the water after the nutes... and u have the ph up/down solution. .. so next feed after I put nutes and cal mag in water check valance and make sure it is 6.5 b4 feed correct

balanced? neutral, or balanced is 7.0

we never "balance" anything... we adjust it to a certain and very specific range. Before you apply anything to your plants, either to the leaves or the soil, make sure it is adjusted correctly to 6.3-6.8. To not do so is a waste of time and money and will cause your plants any number of problems. So yes... put everything in there that you plan on adding to the plant that time... and THEN adjust it to 6.5.

Thank you guys again.. I appreciate you guys baring with me... I think I figured out when VG looks like that now never checked it after putting nutes in water

Back
Top Bottom