First time grower second try first might be dying

20151125_192803.jpg
20151125_192817.jpg
20151125_192842.jpg

Forgot to post these the other day..

Some people cut them, others leave them since that's normal. The plant is eating itself, lower leaves will always yellow and die off, just give them a tug and when they're ready they'll come off easily. No need to cut anything, that would cause stress and open the plant to infection through the cut.

For now, if she's still growing, get her going around the container and just keep the canopy level. Looking good. Use this quiet time to study up and prepare for your harvest.

Edit - your first pic there, you can see the side shoots, they're growing up toward the light, you want to bend those gently down and keep the tips level with the main stalk and tip. As you do this you should be able to watch all the buds form fairly uniformly.

So I got my lights in today... now my question is should I install them now or wait... and do I use then with the cfl's on also... or are these light for when the lights are off..bought these awhile back

Those will replace your cfl's. Check with the mfg to see how far away from the plant they need to be. The cfls were within inches of the plant, LEDs are like 18-24inches away, so you'll need that much headroom.

There's not much info on these lights... there some cheap Chinese make... but hope it works... im assuming MFG is the strength or Power of the light.. how can I tell if the product doesn't tell me what it pushes..

Hi don't know if j should use these lights.. im worried the might not be enough power compared to the cfls... at least I know they do there job to grow plant

20151201_012922.jpg
20151201_012927.jpg
Ok so I got a little lazy with setup.. will do it tomorrow bcuz not sure how these lights will work if I don't see something withing tomorrow or the next day im taking ok...and go back to cfls..stressing again bcuz I don't no what reaction the lil girl is going to have with this light..and the lights are hanging 18-19 inches from VG..

If you can't figure out who the manufacturer (mfg) is, then try to find something on them that says what the LEDs are power draw wise, or something. As I understand from LEDs, you can burn your plants easily with them, so keep a eye on your girl.

I'd personally not switch to an unknown light during flower. That's just throwing a total unknown into the mix on your first grow.

I mean I guess it's common sense not to switch since I don't know ... Im prob just gonna go back with cfls to be safe... im going to send a email to the person I bought it from and going to ask them.. now I might seem retarded but how should I ask the right question so they know what im asking...thanks again

I'd just ask who made it and what wattage it is. Things like spectrum and such, if you can get that,cool, but I wouldn't count on it. I don't do LED so I can't really suggest anything but those two things.

Yeah, cfl's work and they're gentle compared to some of the things I read on LED's a bit back.

Thank you all... so I found out these lights push 30 watt only each... so I decided to throw them in there with cfls too... makes my baby girl look pretty

Those are probably much too close, and you're going to burn her. Since they're only 30w, why even toss them in? Trust me, you don't want to just do random things if you want a good end product.

I figured maybe since there only 30 w .. I thought wasn't to strong since the cfl bulbs in there are 25 w ... so i thought maybe would be fine... I'll take them out

Yeah, that would make sense if they were the same kind of light, but LED light is much stronger than CFL light. Here you'd be looking at lumen output vs pure wattage to compare the bulbs. Any scientists feel free to correct my logic (or illogic). A CFL's lumen output falls off at 4 inches right? The LED's lumen's fall off at 18-24 inches approximately. So you could infer that the LED light is 4-5x as poweful as the cfl's, and this is why they cause plant burn if they're too close.

I understand what your saying and going to follow your advice. . But I had it on all night and today till 1 o'clock and I didn't see and burn or maybe it need more than one day to see any difference. .. but I took them out the led lights but again I think it may be helping or not ... not sure yet... but I know for sure it didn't burn the plant at the distance it was...but I would rather be safe than sorry ... and I'll just stick to my cfls for now.. thanks again everyone

Back
Top Bottom