First time grower second try first might be dying

I was gonna start feed it nutes.. or should I continue with the water.. also I just bought the ph balance and it's at 7.0.. I didn't have it b4 balanced well

Ok, good so it just needs water and nutes. Pick it up now, note the weight. Water it fully till run off, lift it again. Note the difference. Water it again when it feels light.

Ph of 7 is too high, so you want to adjust your water to 6.3/6.4 and see how the plant responds. Feed now though and you will need to wait a day or a few to see the plant respond. Once you see what your run off is, you can adjust more for 6.5 or whatever you need to.

If you haven't fed the plant any nutes, just going by what's in the soil, then from here out, it's all up to you. The plant's used up the nitrogen and some other stuff, so now it's nutrients from you. Mark the calender when you water so you know when it's time to water.

Ohh ok.. because I just bought the ph up/down. . So I
Haven't try with the bottle water at 7.0 ... so I'm gonna bring down to 6.3-6.5... plus the soil was moist reason why I haven't fed the water...they bigger one I already stated feeding the nutes... I was thinking of feeding the smaller one the nutes to see its reaction .. so both water and nutes should be between 6.3-6.5.. I haven't been using a calendar but keeping a journal writing in my note book

OK journal works, as long as you have a way to track the time. Just because of your wording it kind of makes me wonder, but you are mixing the nutes with water right?

Haha.. correct..I'm burnt bro.. not stupid..and I mean that with a smile no sarcasm.. I do type like an ass too tho..... but yes I do I put 1 ML of nutes.. big bloom.. tiger bloom.. grow big and the oldest is holding it fine and it's the third feed of water with nutes..and the first for the smaller one with nutes today..

Np just wanted to double check lol. So things seem to be going well, the little one should perk right back up. From here, just watch your ph levels and watch for bugs. The biggest thing for the next several weeks is getting a proper feeling down for when they need watering.

Thank you.. you were right faic... it seems to be taking it 8n.. don't want to jinx the little one but the nutes might be working... and I topped the bigger one. .see what happens
... thanx for the advice please chime in when ever

Thank you.. you were right faic... it seems to be taking it 8n.. don't want to jinx the little one but the nutes might be working... and I topped the bigger one. .see what happens
... thanx for the advice please chime in when ever
Sketch6503346.png
20151106_000503.jpg
20151104_223312.jpg

Ok... soo not sure if it's to soon to tell.. but do we have a female here..
20151110_160435.jpg

And the next pic again not sure if it's to soon..
Maybe a F'n male
20151110_160322.jpg
20151110_160253.jpg

Not 100% sure .. so any advice or input would be appreciated

First looks like female. Second looks male, but still early.

Yep first is female, second is a male. Don't be too dissapointed from having one fem. That just halved the problems you're going to have to deal with.

I doubt it's going to pop open and get your girl. But I'd still pull it asap since you know it's guy. Now this does raise a couple questions.

First, are you planning on keeping this plant to breed with and get seeds? If yes, keep it but move it downwind and away from your girl.

Second, what light schedule are you on? It seems a bit early to get preflowers....

Third, are these autos? Sexing after 4weeks... lol I'm jelous.

1.Keeping it for breeding... meaning if I keep male for seed ... .. the male one can give me female seeds.. might me stupid question. .. and I still have the other grow box I prob would put male in there to separate the two.
2.honestly I've been continuing the same schedule ...
I had it 18/6 on/off...
3. Bag seed . .. was rolling up one day 4 diff buds... so happen to see two seeds .. one looked real nice you know the usual brown with the stripe which is the bigger one .. and the other seed was almost tan but still a little green to took a chance and they both got germinated root popped so I planted...

Now I have an idea of what they could be...
1.girl scout
2.critical kush
3.purple urckle
4.sour..

So I could be grown either one of these strains...
So shouldn i take a chance and grow the male separately or just chop..
thanks again guys for you advice and input always helpful and always appreciated

Ohh.. I almost forgot... I topped the bigger one maybe that's why it's flowering early.. but just my guess.. tried to top first time and this happened. .Idk just so you guys know what I did maybe that can help

Nice possible strains. Ok to chop the male or not, that's a question you need to think hard about. Also, since it sounds like an auto, I'm not sure about crossing with an auto and what that may get you. If it's not a big problem to get seeds, I'd tend to say chop the male, it's more trouble than it sounds like and may not be worth the hassle yet.

And topping won't make them show sex early, if they've been on 18/6 and are showing sex after a month, I'd really think they're an autoflowering strain.

Haha.. correct..I'm burnt bro.. not stupid..and I mean that with a smile no sarcasm.. I do type like an ass too tho..... but yes I do I put 1 ML of nutes.. big bloom.. tiger bloom.. grow big and the oldest is holding it fine and it's the third feed of water with nutes..and the first for the smaller one with nutes today..
Hey Tony,
Might I suggest you google Fox Farm Soil feeding Schedule and print it out. The reason I suggest that is because unless you know something they don't, they are saying to not use Tiger Bloom until the 1st week of Flower.
1st week of seedling/clone = 6 tsp Big Bloom + 1 tsp Boomerang + 1/2 tsp of Wholly Mackerel per gallon
1st week after out of seeding stage = 6 tsp Big Bloom + 1 tsp Boomerang + 1/2 tsp Wholly Mackerel
2nd week after seedling stage =6 tsp Big Bloom + 2 tsp Grow Big + 1 tsp Boomerang + 1/2 tsp Kangaroots + 1/2 tsp Micro Brew +1/2 tsp Wholly Mackerel.
I know a lot of soil growers will skip feedings the 1st 4 weeks if they use a good potting soil, since the soil will already have what the plant needs already in it and should be able to carry the plant for around 4 weeks, then we normally use nutrients but 1/4 strength for a couple weeks, then 1/2 strength for the next 2 weeks before going full strength.

As for keeping the male plant and germinating, that is something that someday I would like to dabble in, but with my limited experience I will be holding off until I am completely comfortable with the basics of growing before I jump into the more advanced part of the game. If you do decide to go for it, I wish you the best of luck and remember to keep good records.

Back
Top Bottom