6ft high x 4ft wide x 2ft deep
I used reflective insulation with reflective tape
1/2 inch pvc pipe
1/2 inch elbow connection
1/2 inch T connection. .

20151116_003625.jpg
20151116_003634.jpg

The female is called "viking goddes"..
She is doing fine growing and I just transplanted her in a bigger size pot.. think it's a gallon pot but Def bigger than the original pot..so fingers crossed.. only problem humidity dropped drastically almost at 30-31.. but temp fine 76-80°...

20151116_003252.jpg
20151116_003316.jpg

This is the male and I changed his name to ballsack.. cuz of his shitty ball sacks..lol.. love him but I think he's gonna go .. taking up room so gonna chop up.. but let me know if I can do anything with the leave or plant ... if. Not I will chopped tomorrow not....
Thank you gain for input and help...

The new tent will make life so much easier than trying to keep things in that tiny box. I know some people juice raw plants. Other than that, I'd just grind up and toss the male.

Good afternoon everyone... so got off work a lil early today...checked up on my girl VIKING GODDESS and noticed she sprouted 4 more sets of pistols that makes a total of 6 that have sprouted.. 6 v if that makes sense ..
Chopped up ballsack left it to dry on windowsill to crumb it down and throw away.. was gonna try to dry leaves see if I can extract anything but not sure... also VG is taking the transplant fine and growing..and enjoying it's new home I have built ..

Don't worry about anything from the male plant. It was small and not going to be useful for anything. If you grow a mature male plant, some people juice the whole plant and drink that. For me though, that grass taste makes me want to vomit ~_~;

If VG is an auto (seems pretty clear she is), you can't prolong veg growth, so that tent really was a great addition since you have to like, sit back and do what you can in the time she's going to give you. I'd still do a scrog and keep her growth all on the same plane. For now, I'd look at it as 1. make sure she survives (don't over water lol), 2. make sure she has plenty of light, 3 try to maximize and optimize her canopy to get as large a yeild as you can.

Ok so I bought a humidifier cuz the humidity was super low ... like high 20 low 30.. not it's almost 65 .. temp is 80-81°... also I am stating to see roots grow already... see the tips of them starting to pop out where the drain holes are..and added more lights... have about 7-8 lights now...and added a 6 in fan inside also...let's see how she does with the humidifier ... tell me if im doing anything wrong

So I bought a humidifier and made a boo boo.. I plugged the humidifier in the wrong extension cord thinking I plugged it into the one that's plugged into the timer.. so I walk into the room and all I see is like smoke or mist and I'm like OH SHIT !!...I started a fire... just happens I ugged wrong cord and the fan was off so didn't circulate. ..99% humidity. .. freaked out... but it's dropping now... but I should only keep humidifier on when light are on right

Hm what happened to my first reply. Oh well. I'll repost the pics if they don't show up.

As far as the humidifier, I'd try and adjust the output down so you can run it all the time to get some happy medium between lights on/off. Putting the humidifier on a timer is too much monitoring adjusting to me.

This was regarding how to optimize your canopy. Since she's probably an auto, she's going to flower when she wants to. Basically, if you don't have enough light, she'll still flower, if you don't feed her well, she'll still flower. Keeping things optimal of course is what you do, but since she's small, and needs max room to grow to get the most yeild you can, other than shocking/stressing her with something like supercropping, give her room and keep everything level. The idea in a scrog is to keep all bud sites level, all the time, so auxins spread everywhere and all buds will be bigger and more uniform.

Most of the pics you'll see of scrogs aren't. They're just plants guided through a trellis.

Here's the before pic. You can see the ends are growing up, needs a tuck.

TUCK3.JPG

And here's after. All ends are below the strings along with most if not all the leaves.

TIDY.JPG

It'll be put into flower this weekend, and with the stretch, it should fill the 20 x 20 inch screen easily. The other clone next to it, is already almost 90% in the screen, it'll be guided around the perimiter as it stretches.

I built one last night . Bought the same size.. 20x20..just need to either tie down or make legs for it..I will post pics later. .. thanks again.. are those pipe clean ties... I'm going to need to get those .. I was gonna either use yarn or zip tie but thought that was to dangerous. ..lol

Yeah they're pipe cleaners. Yarn is too stringy but better than zip ties. I'd use bread ties before either of those though. For your screen, if you mean it's not flat, then you want to flatten it as best you can, step on it if you have to. If it's trapezoid vs a rectangle... no worries.

Good, now keep the tips bent over and following a line. Don't forget to keep the bud sites spread out (don't make it too close or you'll have to redo it like I am tonight....). And twine is fine for the main grid for now, but apparently it's a bit messy according to some. I opted for smoother string, since the twine is so rough. Just use something soft to tie them to the twine.

Cool.. so try to keep the fan leaves away so the pistols get the light more now.. and I'm prob gonna get that chalk line or masonry line that more smoother and thinner..also I was thinking of pruning my girl a lil... was thinking of cutting off the lil leaves growing at the bottom of the stem but nervous of damaging the stem.. or should I leave it alone .. I heard it takes away of the feeding to the top leaves or pistols ... so idk I'm a lil stuck..

The idea of a scrog is to keep the bud sites level, this will cause the auxins to spread around all sites, not concentrate at the top coala, this should increase your yield per sq ft (more uniform, bigger buds). Keep the bud sites far enough apart, the branches, so the growing buds won't grow into each other, or restrict airflow (this is to avoid mold, and why I'm still knitting my scrog, I'm just taking a smoke break ;)).

Since she's already shown sex and you've done nothing to promote that, right?, work with her like she's an autoflower. And she's been in flower for more than a week? You'd need to check. The question of 'should you prune' will get you several answers, but I'd look at it this way, since it's your first grow.

You're already doing a scrog (non beginer technique), you're already behind her (she's flowering and you weren't anticipating it), and any pruning is at some level, 'stress' to her. Get all the growth onto the level of the scrog and go with it. Feed her, pamper her, DON'T over water her (had to say that of course), and let her do her thing. When the branch growth stops, and the buds start to grow, sit back, and observe closely while doing everything to make sure she has nothing to do but get pretty.

I would make sure all the fan leaves are under the scrog and all the bud sites are clearly exposed above. If they're not turned up toward the light, twist them slightly and they'll finish on their own. Anything below on the main stalk, pinch off now if you want to , don't cut, pinch it, then cut it if you must (this keeps it closed), IF IT's BEEN LESS THAN A WEEK since she flowered. And this is a big if. Me personally, I would leave all growth alone, observe, and just tend to her. As she flowers, she will use up the nutrients in the fan leaves, this is normal. As they yellow and shrivel, just give them a tug and they'll pull off when they're ready. Consider these as your buffer, what you don't feed her, she'll eat from herself. You always keep an eye on your sugar leaves for the general health of the plant. (Any growth below the main canopy will be small, but also, is starter for your pruning back to veg mode if you want to try that too.)

Yeah I guess that's what I'm using, it's just smooth cotton twine or something. The big thing right now though is to make sure she has plenty of everything that she wants. And watch for mold and pests. I got seriously paranoid at the end of my grow of more mold. I don't think you can have too much gentle airflow.

And... lol there's always more, for free, not even for an extra charge. While you have a bit of a breather since you don't have to manage the switch to flower, you really should get your drying area sorted out now. If not, it'll just be one more stressful item in the last weeks of your grow.

Back
Top Bottom