First Time Grower - Using Hydro & LED

Re: First Time Grower, Using Hydro and LED

hey SP, what a hell of a space Man, lucky you!!!
if i don't mistaken, i saw a long rectangular space, if i'm right i suggest to set up a light rail in there.
costless than 2/3 lamps and huge effectiveness for the power used.
we have time to talk about it if you are interested.
you have work to do but it is worth the effort i'm sure.
i wish you good luck for that new project Bro'.
green vibes from the south.

Man I am interested in a light rail... I have seen those but will they also work with LED's?...I will be using 16 feet long for the flower room.... Just finished up the grow room . I have decided like Max Reefer Suggested... to lay pavers... I estimated the cost and not much more then what I had planned and it makes so much more since to have pavers there....

Now to go and finish up running copper lines for the water to the space.....

From all the bottom leaves and trimming I did... I finally got around and made some butter after it dried out... I used 2 oz's of trim leaves and used my recipe for making butter.... Way I make butter is using a crock pot put on low... I fill the pot with my pot and then add water to cover it... then I add 4 sticks of non salted butter and let it simmer for 24 hours..... I tried 3 grams of it last night and it really was a great surprise after about 20 minutes....:)

From all the bottom leaves and trimming I did... I finally got around and made some butter after it dried out... I used 2 oz's of trim leaves and used my recipe for making butter.... Way I make butter is using a crock pot put on low... I fill the pot with my pot and then add water to cover it... then I add 4 sticks of non salted butter and let it simmer for 24 hours..... I tried 3 grams of it last night and it really was a great surprise after about 20 minutes....:)

Very nice. I learned a trick in a tight spot a couple years ago to use a mason jar with lid inside of a crock pot to make butter in crowded areas, so there is no smell. Just line the inside of crock pot with a wash cloth so it doesn't rattle and break the jar. Not that you live with your parents or anything, just thought I would share with the class.

Great decision on the paver stones. That just seems like it would be fun to stroll around on, hah. Good luck on the build out. Looks like a lot of fun.

Sorry I have been so busy lately and forgive me not updating ...:( Anyways... my grow I had in my attic I had to pull about a week or so early... I harvested little over 6 and half oz. I learned a lot... Make sure timers work just right before you switch to flowering....(that hurt me a lot),,,,, Heat was a bitch... was getting around 95 in the room even with a portable AC running. also 2 of the plants were overcrowded and did not produce very much. Now that I have moved my rooms (what a freakin pain in the ass that was) but it is in a better environment and easier to control... never gets over 80 now even on a 95 degree outside. Growing in Hydro is fun but I do not know how some can grow Hydro without a water temp cooler.... I had 3 plants in veg while I was working on my room and now they been flowering for 4 weeks and in the new flower room and seem to love it. I am cutting the leaves and and LIST some to prevent them from getting two tall. Here are some pics of the Grow room and my new plants in flowering. at 3 weeks.

Flower Room
20140623_062041.jpg

GLP I cloned from my first grow
20140623_062220.jpg

Acapulco Gold :peace:
20140623_062233.jpg

20140623_062237.jpg

As Always advise is always welcomed :))

Now that I am back from my travels down south to Costa Rica, I should be back on track and with some more updates regularly and with pictures.

Thanks this is awesome site. :)

Welcome back my brother.....

The room and the plants look great.

IMO a chiller for the reservoir is a must. Ideal temp in 68-70 and you can't get it that way and keep it that way without one.

I'm doing final mod's on my cabinet and I installed my chiller on my res last night. Gonna set the hole thing up and do a dry run to make sure everything is working. Then box it up and wait for the move.

Sorry I have been so busy lately and forgive me not updating ...:( Anyways... my grow I had in my attic I had to pull about a week or so early... I harvested little over 6 and half oz. I learned a lot... Make sure timers work just right before you switch to flowering....(that hurt me a lot),,,,, Heat was a bitch... was getting around 95 in the room even with a portable AC running. also 2 of the plants were overcrowded and did not produce very much. Now that I have moved my rooms (what a freakin pain in the ass that was) but it is in a better environment and easier to control... never gets over 80 now even on a 95 degree outside. Growing in Hydro is fun but I do not know how some can grow Hydro without a water temp cooler.... I had 3 plants in veg while I was working on my room and now they been flowering for 4 weeks and in the new flower room and seem to love it. I am cutting the leaves and and LIST some to prevent them from getting two tall. Here are some pics of the Grow room and my new plants in flowering. at 3 weeks.

Flower Room
20140623_062041.jpg

GLP I cloned from my first grow
20140623_062220.jpg

20140623_062233.jpg

20140623_062237.jpg

As Always advise is always welcomed :))

Now that I am back from my travels down south to Costa Rica, I should be back on track and with some more updates regularly and with pictures.

Thanks this is awesome site. :)

your grow room finished out real nice! I ended up switching from the bubble buckets to hydroton beds with a main res. after getting my mini split ac unit installed my room temps are a steady 70 degrees no matter the outside temp, and no need for a res chiller at all. my plants are really starting to take off now. do you have co2? that is one of the best things you can do to increase yield. keep up the good work!

MR

re: First Time Grower - Using Hydro & LED

Could you please use a photograph editor to rotate your photographs before you upload them? There is a section at the bottom of this thread that may help you to rotate your photographs before you upload them.

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Could you please use a photograph editor to rotate your photographs before you upload them? There is a section at the bottom of this thread that may help you to rotate your photographs before you upload them.

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I concur, it is best to rotate, crop and then resize (in that order) your photos before uploading them. a final size of 1024x768 is best for internet viewing.

MR

Subscribed.

Everything is going along slowly... now just waiting... Tric's are mostly cloudy and figuring to flush next week, the GLP, the others I am letting them flower for another 2 weeks they seem little behind the glp.

One question I have is the PH is dropping each night from 5.8 ish to around 5.2 ish. All roots are very white, water temp is avg of 68 RH is around 60. Is PH dropping normal or what should I be looking for?

Here is a picture at week 7 of the Green Love Potion.
20140723_0726121.jpg

One question I have is the PH is dropping each night from 5.8 ish to around 5.2 ish. All roots are very white, water temp is avg of 68 RH is around 60. Is PH dropping normal or what should I be looking for?

Your nutrient strength is too high and your plant is drinking more water then nutrients, I would reduce your nutrient strength. When your pH rises and your PPM drop your plant is drinking more nutrient then water and you should slightly increase the nutrient strength. When your pH drops and your PPM rise your plant is drinking more water then nutrients and you should slightly decrease your nutrient strength. You are trying to aim to supply the plant with no more/ no less nutrient then the plant is currently using, when you achieve this balance your pH will remain mostly stable.

Your nutrient strength is too high and your plant is drinking more water then nutrients, I would reduce your nutrient strength. When your pH rises and your PPM drop your plant is drinking more nutrient then water and you should slightly increase the nutrient strength. When your pH drops and your PPM rise your plant is drinking more water then nutrients and you should slightly decrease your nutrient strength. You are trying to aim to supply the plant with no more/ no less nutrient then the plant is currently using, when you achieve this balance your pH will remain mostly stable.

Thanks this explains alot and will help so much

King, excellent share. It confirms what I was planning on doing. Going with about 80% strength. Also, explains the PH issues I was having towards the end of my last grow. At 80% I can let the plant tell me when it's hungry. +Reps my friend.

Back
Top Bottom