First Time Grower - Using Hydro & LED

Re: First Time Grower, Using Hydro and LED

If it's possible, you might find a way to tie the tops down. My plant stretched over two feet after switch. Now she grows only fractions of an inch each day.

I'm really glad you were able to get that all sorted in a weekend. I read a bit of advice that has helped me a lot. If you suspect anything abnormal, never ignore it. Always be a little paranoid and skeptical of your parameters, I guess. If you can manage a healthy level of worry, you actually prevent a lot of stress.

I can only imagine what kind of redwood forest will result, so I hope it doesn't grow consciousness and eat you. :morenutes:

I would love to see some mantis enjoying those plants.

Happy Saturday :)

I just did a res change this morning. It is day 42 since I switched the lights to 12/12. I have added GH Kool Bloom to my Nuts this morning.
for every 5 gal of water I use the following and adjust to ph of 5.8 and ppm of around 900.
20 ml Cal Mag
20 ml florablend
60 ml flora bloom
40ml flora micro
10 ml flora grow
10 ml of Aquashield
10 ml of Kool Bloom

I just started 2 seeds of Acapulco Gold fem. They have popped up from the rockwool now, but one question I have one of the seeds that has popped up 2 stems and I have never seen this. Please advise .... here is the picture of the one Acapulco Gold.
4-19-2014-1.jpg

I am sure that only 1 seed was germinated in this rockwool.

Thanks all for all your help.
:peace:

Why are you using such little amounts of the Flora Gro and KoolBloom? I would separate the 2 seedlings that have popped up very soon otherwise both will have decreased growth and one will overtake the other.

Why are you using such little amounts of the Flora Gro and KoolBloom? I would separate the 2 seedlings that have popped up very soon otherwise both will have decreased growth and one will overtake the other.

KingJohn, I cut the smaller one out. ;) What recipe for nuts should I use? I had followed Capn's recipe from one of his journals. Please Advise because I need all the help I can get...:)

Thanks for looking and helping me KJ.:)

KingJohn, I cut the smaller one out. ;) What recipe for nuts should I use? I had followed Capn's recipe from one of his journals. Please Advise because I need all the help I can get...:)

Thanks for looking and helping me KJ.:)

If the current nutrient schedule you are following works for you then you do not need to change it. Usually Liquid KoolBloom is added at 2.5-5 millilitres per gallon.

I have been busy with fighting the heat in my attic where I made my grow room and flower room.

I went searching for better place to control the heat and found a hidden room under my porch made out of concrete. I opened up a door.... and now I have a room 6 feet by 28 feet,,,, I hope to have my grow room finished by Tuesday, and next will be the flower room. I will be able to finish my grow of my plants before I move the flower room below. Tuesday I will move my 1 clone and my 2 seedlings and my 2 auto's there.

Pictures of my plants I will post Monday. They are budding out now that I got the timer fixed with the help of all the wonderful people here.

Pictures of my new construction.

Door Opening that will be framed out on Wednesday.
12475.jpg

Construction of the Grow room which will be 6' by 4'.

21659.jpg

And Lots of work in this section to get it up and running in 4 weeks..... Floor system going in on Thursday, I hope...
31472.jpg

I have been busy with fighting the heat in my attic where I made my grow room and flower room.

I went searching for better place to control the heat and found a hidden room under my porch made out of concrete. I opened up a door.... and now I have a room 6 feet by 28 feet,,,, I hope to have my grow room finished by Tuesday, and next will be the flower room. I will be able to finish my grow of my plants before I move the flower room below. Tuesday I will move my 1 clone and my 2 seedlings and my 2 auto's there.

Pictures of my plants I will post Monday. They are budding out now that I got the timer fixed with the help of all the wonderful people here.

12475.jpg

21659.jpg

And Lots of work in this section to get it up and running in 4 weeks..... Floor system going in on Thursday, I hope...
31472.jpg

You never cease to amaze me...lol.

Do you have a construction background? Which really doesn't matter because you just seem to have the skillz...

Well done Sir, Well done....

12475.jpg

21659.jpg

31472.jpg

wait! is that a rototiller? if you are running that thing in there, be sure to have good ventilation. you could easily asphyxiate yourself.

MR

You never cease to amaze me...lol.

Do you have a construction background? Which really doesn't matter because you just seem to have the skillz...

Well done Sir, Well done....

Renegade69, thanks and I have done lots of construction in my old life..... but my main job that I used to do was Teacher working with Thugs. or students that had problems.... Sure do miss them my students were awesome even if others didn't understand them.....

wait! is that a rototiller? if you are running that thing in there, be sure to have good ventilation. you could easily asphyxiate yourself.

MR

Yes that is a tiller.... just a small one but yea I have a 2 exhaust fans blowing in air and blowing out air.... plus only ran it for 5 minutes at a time......:) thanks for concerns :))

Heh reminds me of the kind of shit I do. Awesome hide-a-grow! Do yourself a favor and put a drain in there. Could run it into a sump pump with a one way up valve or if money isnt a issue ejector pit, which is sealed but a bit costly. Do you plan on pouring a concrete floor?

Yes that is a tiller.... just a small one but yea I have a 2 exhaust fans blowing in air and blowing out air.... plus only ran it for 5 minutes at a time......:) thanks for concerns :))

good job! just watching out for you brother! that is a great space for sure. I will be watching in the wings on this project.

MR

Heh reminds me of the kind of shit I do. Awesome hide-a-grow! Do yourself a favor and put a drain in there. Could run it into a sump pump with a one way up valve or if money isnt a issue ejector pit, which is sealed but a bit costly. Do you plan on pouring a concrete floor?

I wish but what I am doing is putting in a flooring system in here.... I have a drain system already plumbed out the front wall... just have to install the rest of the plumbing...:)

I think I'm sub'd just to watch the construction. Any chance of starting a new journal? Plans for the first grow in that space? Strain?

I can't wait to see the progression....

I need to finish the first grow before it gets into the upper 90's in my attic... today it is suppose to be 85 outside.... I have a portable a/c and will put that in my flower room this morning...

I have already got my seeds in and they are Acapulco gold.... wanted something from my past this time....

I need to finish the first grow before it gets into the upper 90's in my attic... today it is suppose to be 85 outside.... I have a portable a/c and will put that in my flower room this morning...

I have already got my seeds in and they are Acapulco gold.... wanted something from my past this time....[/QUOTE]

My bad...I forgot the reason for a new space was because of the heat in the attic. So the attic will be moved as soon as the new space is ready.

Ok, we are all watching the show.

hey SP, what a hell of a space Man, lucky you!!!
if i don't mistaken, i saw a long rectangular space, if i'm right i suggest to set up a light rail in there.
costless than 2/3 lamps and huge effectiveness for the power used.
we have time to talk about it if you are interested.
you have work to do but it is worth the effort i'm sure.
i wish you good luck for that new project Bro'.
green vibes from the south.

Back
Top Bottom