Morgan170

Hey all!
I've recently been looking into starting my first ever grow. A close friend of mine has started his grow already and seems to know what he is doing.
I'm thinking about doing CFL Closet grow or just a small CFL grow, nothing too industrial.
I need a good website to start ordering my equipment, i only want to start off with 1 plant so i'm not sure what type of equipment i need to order. I know its nothing too expensive and relativity easy to set up for a cheap cost. Trying to keep it basic because i don't have alot of space.
I'm thinking of doing a soil grow with just water and what strain i should start to use thats easy to first grow!
I am really nooby at this because i'm just starting up so any advice, links to equipment ect is very much appriciated.
I'll keep you updated! Thanks guys :)!!!

If it's just a cfl grow I order stuff like that from Amazon or just go to big box store like home depot or Walmart. And for seeds if it's just a starter grow I would practice with bag seed. Especially if just using water and not nutrients. But that's just me

You can start off with a couple 23 watt cfl's about an inch or two from plant. Depending on grow space, it's usually 50 to 100 watts per square foot. With lighting you can never have too much. Just make sure to have some way to vent out heat

Brilliant, thanks for that, by venting it out would that be constantly having an open hatch or somthing for air to get in and out, i wouldn't want to dry the plant out so a fan on a very very very low wind just to freshen the air or no fan?

Depending on space, you can just use a fan. At that young age, I wouldn't blow it directly at the plant. Try to keep it blowing across the bulbs. Computer fans are great for these things. And wiring one up to an old cell phone charger is really easy. Once plant gets a couple weeks old you can have fan blow gently on plant. Just don't want to dry it out or give it windburn

Thanks for the advice mate, i'm going to grab a small PC fan, a 300W Light and insulate my stealth box and have a fresh air supply, anything els you think i need?

For 300 watts you might want 2 fans. Intake fan at bottom pulling in cool air and outtake at top pulling heat out. During veg not much else is needed. Eventually when you start going bigger grows you'll need ph meter, nutes, and a few other odds and ends. Especially if you want high quality buds. I've never owned a ppm meter, but some say you'd need it. I keep it really simple with hempy grow, and haven't had a single deficiency or problem yet. I vegged in a Rubbermaid tote and flower in a big homemade box

Back
Top Bottom