First time grower

Brucebanner31

420 Member
Hey everyone,

First time grower and poster here. I am currently growing 3 gorilla glue #4's and 1 Bruce banner. Two of my gorilla glue's leaves are curling down and browning at the tips. I am using remo's super charged kit and the ph averages around 6.4 and using a 400w led.

Any advice to change this?

Attachments

• 20190530_163803.jpg
    20190530_163803.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 20190530_163752.jpg
    20190530_163752.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 134
Welcome @Brucebanner31 ,those are nice looking plants! Tip browning maybe your nutes are a bit hot? It won't hurt or slow anything to be a bit more conservative on the strength of your nutes. The other thing I noticed is those healthy plants prolly have healthy roots you should check into up potting pdq! There are some great tutorials around here on how to up pot, good watering habits, yadda yadda if you haven't you should check out.

What it's seemed to me to be the case is if I'm being conservative on my nutes, letting my plants dry thorougly, watering the crap out of them (15%ish runoff dripped into some vessel underneth as I water) to flush some salt, I'm guaranteed a good turnout with the least stress and most ease . CHeers, gl on your grow!

Here's why my droopy vegger's went all sad on me!

IMG_20190419_180247808.jpg

Welcome @Brucebanner31 ,those are nice looking plants! Tip browning maybe your nutes are a bit hot? It won't hurt or slow anything to be a bit more conservative on the strength of your nutes. The other thing I noticed is those healthy plants prolly have healthy roots you should check into up potting pdq! There are some great tutorials around here on how to up pot, good watering habits, yadda yadda if you haven't you should check out.

What it's seemed to me to be the case is if I'm being conservative on my nutes, letting my plants dry thorougly, watering the crap out of them (15%ish runoff dripped into some vessel underneth as I water) to flush some salt, I'm guaranteed a good turnout with the least stress and most ease . CHeers, gl on your grow!

Here's why my droopy vegger's went all sad on me!

IMG_20190419_180247808.jpg
Thanks PB

Np, I'm new too but what I've noticed the smart people saying is manufacturer nute schedules run hot and lots seem to run way less. I run at 25% but have lately been trying to up it a bit, maybe running 30-35% nute/water. Flush prolly wouldnt hurt but I dunno if you are there....those plants look very nice. How big are the pots? If you are feeling bold, I'd tap one of those droopy suckers right out into your hand and look at the roots its easy in smaller pots.

Np, I'm new too but what I've noticed the smart people saying is manufacturer nute schedules run hot and lots seem to run way less. I run at 25% but have lately been trying to up it a bit, maybe running 30-35% nute/water. Flush prolly wouldnt hurt but I dunno if you are there....those plants look very nice. How big are the pots? If you are feeling bold, I'd tap one of those droopy suckers right out into your hand and look at the roots its easy in smaller pots.
The pots are 2.38 gallons and the plants are just shy of a foot and a half high.

Hmm tough to say, I dunno. The other thing is what you are looking at today actually probably is taking place because of what went on days ago. Did you make any changes? Overwatering can cause drooping too.

I'd still guess you'd be really surprised at the size of your roots right now though. Are they massing at the drain holes?

Hmm tough to say, I dunno. The other thing is what you are looking at today actually probably is taking place because of what went on days ago. Did you make any changes? Overwatering can cause drooping too.

I'd still guess you'd be really surprised at the size of your roots right now though. Are they massing at the drain holes?
Nothing popping at the drain holes yet

I'm putting them in new pots tomorrow as everything is closed around me right now. I have the dehumidifier on to help dry them in the mean time.

You can easily check just by popping it out of the pot like you're going to transplant, take a peek and slide it back in.
But no matter what you are better off in a much larger fabric pot even if your problem isn't root bound.
I'm picking up new pots tomorrow and I'm hoping with the dehumidifier it will help dry them out a bit.

Typically I've seen a few roots coming out of the bottom of my pots and I know they are pretty far into the process, wanting new space soon. You are in bigger size pots now than I have experience with and you aren't seeing roots so I don't know. Checking the roots by flopping the pot over if it's not too wet is good, but just letting it dry out is what I think I would do before I do anything else. Seems like there's no sense in adding stress to stress if they are drooping because of moisture issues not size constraints right?

Plant is looking good so far. Try spraying down the plant with a light mist of water. The tips are most likely curling due to being burnt from the light.

Back
Top Bottom