First time... help?

BigDoinks

420 Member
Hi guys, I'm from the UK.

So I'm looking at starting my first grow and after hours and hours of research I think I'm ready to start my first grow.... however, most info I've been reading about is USA based so I'm stuck when it comes to soils?

I think I want to start off with an auto flower for my first grow and was looking at using the organic method with the nutrients already in the soil instead of adding and mixing nutrients into water (seems to complicated for me yet). So, I read about using a high nutrient soil base 1/3 at the bottom then topped with something less nutrient rich for the remaining 2/3... after searching the Internet for these super soils I've read about I couldn't find any here in the UK... so could anyone from the UK give me some tips and maybe a list of soils or something I can use for an organic grow so I don't have to mess about with bottled nutrients.

Thanks Guys

Stay stealthy, Stay safe!

Hi guys, I'm from the UK.

So I'm looking at starting my first grow and after hours and hours of research I think I'm ready to start my first grow.... however, most info I've been reading about is USA based so I'm stuck when it comes to soils?

I think I want to start off with an auto flower for my first grow and was looking at using the organic method with the nutrients already in the soil instead of adding and mixing nutrients into water (seems to complicated for me yet). So, I read about using a high nutrient soil base 1/3 at the bottom then topped with something less nutrient rich for the remaining 2/3... after searching the Internet for these super soils I've read about I couldn't find any here in the UK... so could anyone from the UK give me some tips and maybe a list of soils or something I can use for an organic grow so I don't have to mess about with bottled nutrients.

Thanks Guys

Stay stealthy, Stay safe!

Full bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest, Roots Organics, or some type of good base soil
5 quarts Perlite
5 quarts Earthworm Castings
8 quarts Compost
1 1/4 cup of Down to Earth Flower/Bloom

You’re going to need to brew compost teas to inoculate the soil first, then feed weekly (using leftover earthworm castings, down to earth, seaweed kelp, and molasses)

Feed non chlorinated water with Seaweed/kelp for regular feed.

If you want to go big...
My Soil Mix
Soil Base
  • Aged Bark
  • Bat Guano
  • Coco Coir
  • Perlite
  • Sphagnum Peat Moss
  • Volcanic Ash
  • Worm Castings
  • Fish Bone Meal
  • Feather Meal
  • Green Sand
  • Mycorrhizae
  • Glacial Rock Dust
  • Soybean Meal
  • Humic Acid
Added Dry Amendments

Full bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest, Roots Organics, or some type of good base soil
5 quarts Perlite
5 quarts Earthworm Castings
8 quarts Compost
1 1/4 cup of Down to Earth Flower/Bloom

You’re going to need to brew compost teas to inoculate the soil first, then feed weekly (using leftover earthworm castings, down to earth, seaweed kelp, and molasses)

Feed non chlorinated water with Seaweed/kelp for regular feed.

If you want to go big...
My Soil Mix
Soil Base
  • Aged Bark
  • Bat Guano
  • Coco Coir
  • Perlite
  • Sphagnum Peat Moss
  • Volcanic Ash
  • Worm Castings
  • Fish Bone Meal
  • Feather Meal