First time posting

east coast cali uk

hi guys came across this forum and see that theres alot of gd advice, im not the type to ask for help i normally try work it out myself,im having an issue with ppm i check before i feed my pots but not sure when to check the run off im using coco, the reading is always a couple hundred more than whats going in is this ok or do i need to do somthing.any feed back would be great thanks guys and girls

:welcome: .

Guess I'm the Coco grower to come along haha.

I don't check runoff. What goes in is replacing everything anyways. You should be watering to a decent amount of runoff as long as the plant is big enough for the container.

The runoff is going to measure higher because the plant has used water from the nutrient solution held within the coco. Which equals higher EC, theres also root exudate in the runoff, it's kind of like the leftovers from the plant roots eating. These also increase the EC of the nutrient solution.

When you water to runoff your rinsing all of that out and starting over with fresh nutrient solution, which is why getting enough runoff is important.

Every watering also drags more oxygen down into the root zone with it. Which is a good thing.

im using 15 l pots and i put 5 l in and only get half a l of run off and thats every 2-3 days

That's about what you want. I'd say 1- 1.5L from 15L containers. Your probably in early to middle of veg then?

Sounds sweet! Cant wait to see some pics.
im on a run at the moment testing some strains tried a few but think ive finally got the one i want ive purchased a few seeds over the last couple yrs and they dnt always turn out the way i want dnt know if its genetics or my interference so i run them again and this tahoe og kush is looking like the best so far this is why ive built a new room going bigger and better so i can control my enviroment better because dnt have any issue with training my plants and growing big buds, somtimes its a quality issue or maybe im just never happy and want better il defo keep u posted and hopfully have some pics up soon :yummy:

ive not done a run in it yet im in a 8x4 but i shouldnt have any issues ive never used co2 plus im hearing everything has to be dialled in to get the full effect of co2 or maybe im wrong,i think its another thing to worry about aslong as ive got gd intake and out take of air i should get all the co2 i need or do u know somthing i dnt:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom