First time posting

ive not done a run in it yet im in a 8x4 but i shouldnt have any issues ive never used co2 plus im hearing everything has to be dialled in to get the full effect of co2 or maybe im wrong,i think its another thing to worry about aslong as ive got gd intake and out take of air i should get all the co2 i need or do u know somthing i dnt:bongrip:
Lol nope I thought you might.lol I was asking so I could learn.:laugh:

all i can say is just try nail the basics and with gd training i dnt see why u cant get gd quality but u must start with a gd strain no point trying to turn a dog turd into gold :thumb:

Your run off seems fine like Turbo said, but do you mean you are only watering every 2 to 3 days in coco?
yh every 2-3 days im under a 600w hp one plant and one plant under a 600w led which takes a day or 2 longer to dry out i dnt have any issue with growth i pulled nearly 600g from a strawberry stardawg under the 600 hp no bigger than 3 ft and the pot stands nearly a ft of that and that was in one side of a 8x4 so a m2

I think with coco you water at least once a day. It’s considered hydro and there is no way to over water.
with hydro ur sitting in a 4in cube which wont really retain anything which is why u water constantly im sitting in 15l pots jus dnt see the point in watering everyday when my pots are still moist and if i only water abit everyday then i will get build up because theres no run off or maybe i have it wrong

:welcome: .

Guess I'm the Coco grower to come along haha.

I don't check runoff. What goes in is replacing everything anyways. You should be watering to a decent amount of runoff as long as the plant is big enough for the container.

The runoff is going to measure higher because the plant has used water from the nutrient solution held within the coco. Which equals higher EC, theres also root exudate in the runoff, it's kind of like the leftovers from the plant roots eating. These also increase the EC of the nutrient solution.

When you water to runoff your rinsing all of that out and starting over with fresh nutrient solution, which is why getting enough runoff is important.

Every watering also drags more oxygen down into the root zone with it. Which is a good thing.
turbo, could do with a bit of advice here i do a feed water feed but only when my pots have dried out and they feel light which takes bout 2 days bit longer under the leds do u think there getting enough or do i need to water daily

turbo, could do with a bit of advice here i do a feed water feed but only when my pots have dried out and they feel light which takes bout 2 days bit longer under the leds do u think there getting enough or do i need to water daily
When growing in Coco, you should absolutely be watering everyday. I water once daily until I get into flower and once the ladies start bulking up you will notice your coco drying out faster. I then water 2 to 3 times a day. Coco isn’t for the faint of heart or someone who just wants to water every 2 to 3 days. And if you do that you get rooms that look like that. Lol Hope this helps bud!
E7A93D95-0E9B-47FD-89B7-936D90B4C32F.jpeg

I don't know if this will help you but when I first started out I was wanting to do a Coco grow and this guy does 100% cocoa . It's very informative and the video includes an entire feeding schedule, exactly what newts he use is, and what stages of growth to change up his feeding. Unfortunately he's not active anymore he lives off the grid but his videos I really really good. His channel is called The Grateful grower

Welcome, ECCU! You'll find this place is like Allstate, "you're in good hands." :Rasta:

Don't skip feed days. Nutes Everytime you water.

It's important not to let Coco dry out too far, it's hard to re-wet and makes a mess of your plant. Your fine going one or two days. The little bit of dry cycle helps encourage root growth to fill the container quicker. With plants in early veg there's times where I wont water for a couple of days at a time. As long as the Coco doesn't dry out your ok but more frequently is better.

When growing in Coco, you should absolutely be watering everyday. I water once daily until I get into flower and once the ladies start bulking up you will notice your coco drying out faster. I then water 2 to 3 times a day. Coco isn’t for the faint of heart or someone who just wants to water every 2 to 3 days. And if you do that you get rooms that look like that. Lol Hope this helps bud!
E7A93D95-0E9B-47FD-89B7-936D90B4C32F.jpeg
cheers mate il start doing that and see what the difference is maybe ive overlooked it
Don't skip feed days. Nutes Everytime you water.

It's important not to let Coco dry out too far, it's hard to re-wet and makes a mess of your plant. Your fine going one or two days. The little bit of dry cycle helps encourage root growth to fill the container quicker. With plants in early veg there's times where I wont water for a couple of days at a time. As long as the Coco doesn't dry out your ok but more frequently is better.
thanks turbo

Back
Top Bottom