First Timer, Any Suggestions?

Pollen can come from anywhere. Someone on this forum was talking about growing in Spain and the problem of pollen blowing in from Morocco. You can get it on your fingers from handling weed that someone else passed to you. Most likely it was just blowin in the wind......

I only found one, so I am not sure it was pollenated by another plant but its possible. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question. You knowledge is much appreciated. I also tried to rep you but once again they won't let met say I have to spread it around. Guess it makes sense it just sucks when you cant give out reps to people who deserve it. Thanks again..

First off a positive, Pile of Papaya.

papaya_bud_pile.jpg

"Warning! For safety, before viewing you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, or any other conditions that could be aggravated by this information and pictures. Expectant mothers should not view this content."

Took a look at my Strawberry Cough like I do almost every day and I saw a little bud rot on the top cola. I cut it off and decided to cut the plant down a few days early to be safe. I could not do it that morning so I waited until later that afternoon. Went up to and cut off most of the buds, took them to the place I dry them and noticed the rot had spread. I got all my stuff ready and started to trim when I noticed the rot had spread to over 90% of the bud. Almost a total loss. Ouch not to sure what went wrong but total devastation. If you have never seen a grown man cry you should have been at my house yesterday(lol). Oh well got all the tears out and will chalk this up as the price for learning. Its just such a shame these buds where looking so beautiful. Not sure what I could have done different but I will be researching it for sure. Any suggestions would be much appreciated since the Super Lemon Haze is still out there and I don't want a repeat for sure. Take a look.

bud_rot.jpg

bud_rot_-_Version_2.jpg

On a positive note here are some pics of the buds I saved. At least I will get to have a taste so it was not a total loss. Enjoy..

strawberry_bud01.jpg

strawberry_bud03.jpg

strawberry_bud02.jpg

strawberry_bud04.jpg

strawberry_bud05.jpg

strawberry_bud06.jpg

strawberry_bud07.jpg

strawberry_bud08.jpg

strawberry_bud09.jpg

strawberry_bud10.jpg

strawberry_bud05_-_Version_2.jpg

I hate it that you took a bit of a loss but that's part of the dilemma when growing under the big HPS. We are at Mother Nature's mercy. I'm afraid that I'm going to be facing the same struggle here as the area that I grow in is known for wet and humid Fall seasons.

The buds that you managed to save look fantastic! Enjoy your smoke!

+rep if I can for a great harvest.

damn

I hate it that you took a bit of a loss but that's part of the dilemma when growing under the big HPS. We are at Mother Nature's mercy. I'm afraid that I'm going to be facing the same struggle here as the area that I grow in is known for wet and humid Fall seasons.

The buds that you managed to save look fantastic! Enjoy your smoke!

+rep if I can for a great harvest.

Thanks 420fied. Thats what is kind of odd. It is really dry here and it does not get humid that often, its been really dry and the buds don't get any water except through the roots. I thought I really did not have to worry too much with with bud rot. I guess I was wrong. Anyway thanks for the comments and stopping in.

damn is correct. I think I have said that 1000 times in the last 24 hours.. Over it now and moving on. What are you going to do. Thanks for stopping in...

$!@*, Sorry brother, that must have really hurt. But the surviving goods look delicious.

Thanks, I guess it happens, cant avoid all the pitfalls on my first grow. I will just try to keep a closer eye on the Super Lemon Haze and cross my fingers. Thanks for stopping in and you comments..

Sonzor I'm not to sure that is Budrot, it is hard to tell by the pictures. If it is Botrytis you should see a gray mold before it turns brown and mushy and it should smell like ammonia and usually starts inside the biggest buds where it is damp. Because It's so dry where you are and usually if one plant gets it they all will get it, that I think it is something else going on. If is is Botrytis you can spray them with a couple of organic products like SM-90 or Serenade. Also you can raise or lower the PH of the buds by spraying with lemon or Sodium Bicarbonate, both those will explode the spore on contact.

If you can get a microscope and check them out you might finds something else, like mites.

im gutted for yea mate did not see this one coming glad you managed to get some bud thou and i can t see wot you cud of done to avoid this.........be lucky weedtastic

Yes me too and I am also glad I got something. Thanks for the comment, advise and stopping in..

Sonzor I'm not to sure that is Budrot, it is hard to tell by the pictures. If it is Botrytis you should see a gray mold before it turns brown and mushy and it should smell like ammonia and usually starts inside the biggest buds where it is damp. Because It's so dry where you are and usually if one plant gets it they all will get it, that I think it is something else going on. If is is Botrytis you can spray them with a couple of organic products like SM-90 or Serenade. Also you can raise or lower the PH of the buds by spraying with lemon or Sodium Bicarbonate, both those will explode the spore on contact.

If you can get a microscope and check them out you might finds something else, like mites.

The plants are pretty far apart, so maybe I got it in time. I did look through a microscope and did not see any bugs. There are so many spiders on these plants I am not sure any bug can survive. Im not sure about the grey first I did not notice that but it did start on the top bud and it looks like all the bud affected the rot started in the inside and worked its way out. Thanks for all the advise and I will look into those suggestion. I don't want this to happen again if I can help it. Thanks again you advise is much appreciated and thanks for stopping in and taking a look.

I think you've done *great* for your first grow and you still have some left to harvest.

Would be nice to know why the Strawberry Cough got bud rot. The buds you saved look very hard and solid. That might be why, but that's what we strive for.

Nobody sets out to grow mold-resistant light airy buds.

In any case, you grew some very impressive colas and I'm sure your future grows are going to be awesome!

+rep if i can

regards,

SS

some mold resistant strains produce thick buds like Lemon Skunk, A.M.S and the Church

I think you've done *great* for your first grow and you still have some left to harvest.

Would be nice to know why the Strawberry Cough got bud rot. The buds you saved look very hard and solid. That might be why, but that's what we strive for.

Nobody sets out to grow mold-resistant light airy buds.

In any case, you grew some very impressive colas and I'm sure your future grows are going to be awesome!

+rep if i can

regards,

SS

Thanks for the kind words they are much appreciated. Yes the buds are thick heavy and very solid. I did notice they hold a lot of water. Even though the buds do not get any direct water, when I was manicuring them they where pretty moist. Any thanks again..

Sorry to hear of the rot, at least you got a weeks worth of smoke out of it. Growing is a lifelong learning experience. We learn most from our mistakes and failures.

Sorry to hear of the rot, at least you got a weeks worth of smoke out of it. Growing is a lifelong learning experience. We learn most from our mistakes and failures.

Thanks for stopping and and your comments. Yes the rot sucks and I am lucky I did get some buds from it. I was really looking forward to it since I have never had the strawberry cough before. I have only hear great things. And your correct live and learn. I have just been really lucky. I thought the conditions that I am growing in rot was not going to be an issue. I was wrong. Once again thanks for the comments they are much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom