First Timer, Any Suggestions?

No, they where perfectly healthy in the hydro before I put them in the ground. They had like 2 ft of healthy looking roots. I thought they would be strong enough to handle it. I guess only time will tell.

Thanks for the comments and stopping in.

I would remove all of the dead leaves off of it to redirect it's energy. ;-)

I would remove all of the dead leaves off of it to redirect it's energy. ;-)

Thanks Mr.Fox I will do that for sure..

Hey Sonzor, must be hot as hell there huh? Hope those SLH clones pull through for you man. The big one looks a little sad.... but hey what wouldn't be when the sand and air get so hot. I have read that keeping some mulch around the base will keep moister in and help keep the roots cooler than without, maybe that will help a little.
That Papaya plant reminds me of clash of the titans, I think it was Medusa? Good luck with the silver exp. and take care man.

Hey Sonzor, must be hot as hell there huh? Hope those SLH clones pull through for you man. The big one looks a little sad.... but hey what wouldn't be when the sand and air get so hot. I have read that keeping some mulch around the base will keep moister in and help keep the roots cooler than without, maybe that will help a little.
That Papaya plant reminds me of clash of the titans, I think it was Medusa? Good luck with the silver exp. and take care man.

Thanks so much siscokid, I do have mulch around them I think its just a little too hot. Was a little cooler today and I think we will have a little cooler weather for the next few (If you want to call the 90's cool). Lets hope medusa grows some thick, heavy, sticky snakes all over. She was my first attempt at topping. It seemed to work out OK. Thanks for stopping in and you comment are always appreciated.

Good luck with those transplants - I've wondered how that'd do. Can you shade them with a screen or something?

You are going to have to start a new thread; your plants do not look like a first time grow, so the title of this one is quickly becoming a misnomer! :smokin:

Good luck with those transplants - I've wondered how that'd do. Can you shade them with a screen or something?

You are going to have to start a new thread; your plants do not look like a first time grow, so the title of this one is quickly becoming a misnomer! :smokin:

It really is still the First Time Grow. I am still trying new things, at least new to me. I think when the Super Lemon Haze finishes that will be the end of this journal. That at least sounds like the correct time to end it. She is that last of the first. And keeping track of two journals just sound like way too much work.
Thanks for stopping in and as always your comments are much appreciated.

I think it was pan4gold that had hydro to dirt success, but others have said it doesn't work.

I'm baffled why that one plant won't flower. Especially since all they others were early bloomers. New moon is coming up so maybe that will get it going.

Yes, its a little crazy, As soon as I put the Papaya2 in, It started to flower, Its a few months behind the Super Lemon Haze. Maybe its just a strain issues. I have noticed the SLH is way more touchy than any of the other strains that have already finished. We will see. I'm not to worried. Thanks for stopping in and as always you advise and comments are always appreciated.

Most attempts at transplanting from hydro to dirt will fail. I have done it, but at a very low success rate.

Good work either way sonzor.

Thanks 420fied, Lets hope these little girls can pull through. Not expecting the world but they are hanging in there.

So what is the silver supposed to do? Make them herm and produce the fems?

From what I understand it changes the female to a male. First time trying so we will see. I few weeks to go yet.

From what I understand it changes the female to a male. First time trying so we will see. I few weeks to go yet.

Do you just add it to the water or do you foliar spray it?

How is the lemon haze doing? it must be showing some signs of flowering?

While I have a chance and before this journal disappears, I just want to tell you what a pleasure it was following it!

Do you just add it to the water or do you foliar spray it?

How is the lemon haze doing? it must be showing some signs of flowering?

While I have a chance and before this journal disappears, I just want to tell you what a pleasure it was following it!

You spray it as a foliar spray once a day 2 weeks before flower.

The Super Lemon Haze has finally started to show some signs of flowering. Not many but a few hairs popping up. I will post some pics Sunday or Monday. I Think I was not giving is enough water and may have slowed it down. I was watering it the same as the other plants and its twice the size so I doubled up on the water and it seems to have started to flower and has grown a bit more. Not sure but its a theory.

Thanks so much. It has been nice having you and all the other people who drop in and give there opinions, advise and comments.

Lemon haze lookin awesome, and your experiment It will be intresting to see the out come. Way to go on your journal great reading.

Back
Top Bottom