First Timer, Any Suggestions?

mmmmm they look yummy mate.......great job hope my grow is as succesful as yours..........be lucky weedtastic

Thanks, I am sure your will. Thanks again for stopping in and the nice comments.

Sonzar.. + reps bro, very nice lookin buds to be sure. Hope ours turn out as well as yours! Great work..enjoy!

I am sure yours will surpass mine. You have a great set up. Thanks for the nice comments, they are much appreciated..

Great work Sonzor on your curing method, you don't want your nuggs to get moldy keep on cracking them jars! BaBaBaBaBaBaBaBubble Gum!!!! :cheer:

Thank you, I am opening them three times a day and giving them a little turn. I hope I am not handling them too much. I am being pretty gentile. Thanks again you comments a much appreciated...

Took down the papaya yesterday, Its the one with the two big colas. So for all you cola lovers I left it in tact and am going to dry it like that to see how it works out. It took me about six hours to manicure this plant and it still needs some work. Anyway take a look and tell me what you think..

These first two are the two colas before manicure.
papaya_bud_2985.jpg

papaya_bud_2986.jpg

Ok, For all you cola lovers here are the two colas all cleaned up. They still need a little work. I was pretty amazed how thick these things are.

cola 1_side
papaya_bud_2993.jpg

cola 1_top
papaya_bud_2995.jpg

cola 2_side
papaya_bud_2996.jpg

cola 2_top
papaya_bud_2997.jpg

Colas side by side to dry
papaya_bud_3000.jpg

The next three are some more buds I got off the papaya plant.

papaya_bud_2988.jpg

papaya_bud_2991.jpg

papaya_bud_2992.jpg

Not as exciting but here is what the plant gave me besides the colas. I would have been happy with just this.
papaya_bud_3002.jpg

Three Plants down and three to go... Strawberry cough is taking its time, maybe cause it been so hot. A week or so I would think. Super lemon haze has not even started to flower so a while for that one. Papaya2 is flowering pretty nice, its not going to have big colas like its sister but I am sure it will be wonderful. Thanks for taking a look..

Sonzar, excellant bro. now, the next step is to gently wrap them in a brown paper bag, place it in a box, and address it to me!....lol. Beautiful job, I know you will get many great "choir practices" out of that batch.

Thanks so much, Im not sure sending that smelly thing through the mail would be a great idea. But I probably would if I could. The yield on these plants are way more than I expected. Going to have to figure it out...

:adore:FANTASTIC!!!!!! I was looking at the lighter next to that bud and thought..."gonna need more lighters" LOL. Very impresive material sir.:adore:

Thanks for the laugh and the nice comment.

wow incredible harvest! Who would have thought Papaya would produce that size colas. Did you figure out a dried weight per plant yet? Those are some dense buds! Looks like over a pound from the one. Did you bag up the trimmings?

We are really going through a heat streak here so I'm hoping that the plants that are flowering will really take off now. You are lucky that you get such an early jump on harvest!

wow incredible harvest! Who would have thought Papaya would produce that size colas. Did you figure out a dried weight per plant yet? Those are some dense buds! Looks like over a pound from the one. Did you bag up the trimmings?

We are really going through a heat streak here so I'm hoping that the plants that are flowering will really take off now. You are lucky that you get such an early jump on harvest!

Thanks borntorun, It looks like more than it is. This plant was very odd from seed. And when it started to grow the two cola's I was not sure how it was going to turn out. To say the least I was pleasantly surprised. I don't think its a pound but what do I know we will see and I will give you an update. Thanks again for the comments and stopping in..

Holly collas Sonzor!!!! Save me a Bowl!!

Thanks for the comments and stopping in. Yes, the collas where huge and a lot of work. I am not sure if I will let them dry intact again. It looks to me it just adds to the potential problems. Any way, thanks again.

I have a question, hopefully one of you can answer. When I was doing the second manicure on the Papaya a fully ripe beautiful seed popped out and landed on the table. There was only one that I know of. Is that normal? If I found the one does that mean there is a lot more. And if there are does that mean my buds are ruined? Sorry new grower question. I was just very surprised when that thing popped out. I know I did let the plat stay out a little too long but I still has some white tricombs. Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated..

Also is that seed any good? Will it be a hermi?

I have a question, hopefully one of you can answer. When I was doing the second manicure on the Papaya a fully ripe beautiful seed popped out and landed on the table. There was only one that I know of. Is that normal? If I found the one does that mean there is a lot more. And if there are does that mean my buds are ruined? Sorry new grower question. I was just very surprised when that thing popped out. I know I did let the plat stay out a little too long but I still has some white tricombs. Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated..

Also is that seed any good? Will it be a hermi?

Even a completely female plant in an all female garden will produce an occasional seed. My garden has NEVER had a male or a hermie in it and I'll still find an occasional seed.

If your females have been pollinated by a male you will find a considerable amount of seeds.

Don't worry about it as it is completely normal. Your crop is just fine.

Even a completely female plant in an all female garden will produce an occasional seed. My garden has NEVER had a male or a hermie in it and I'll still find an occasional seed.

If your females have been pollinated by a male you will find a considerable amount of seeds.

Pollen can come from anywhere. Someone on this forum was talking about growing in Spain and the problem of pollen blowing in from Morocco. You can get it on your fingers from handling weed that someone else passed to you. Most likely it was just blowin in the wind......

Thanks so much 420fied, Thank you for setting my mind at ease. Your comments and your sharing of you knowledge is always appreciated. I would rep you but they won't let me. I guess I rep you too much..

Back
Top Bottom