First Timer, Any Suggestions?

It looks like full moon 2 is a male I bet. Still you need a little more time. You will be able to tell.
female looks like legs :cheer:
male looks like balls
Easy

Ok, Sorry it took me so long to post these pics. I had to go out of town for a few days. I had to put the plants outside while I was gone, for reason I won't go into but they did not get any water for 5 days. I was very worried that they where not going to make it. When I got home they looked pretty bad. Leaves looked brown and dried out. I water them and sprayed the leaves with water and it looks like they perked up pretty nice. I hope I did not harm them too much. It looks like my bubble gum number 2 is a male. I can't tell what the sex of the others are but I wish they would hurry up so I can get them in the ground. Go ahead and take a look and tell me what you think. Sorry about the pics, I was in a hurry. I get some better one next week. Also I did put two of the plants in the ground. The Strawberry and the Lemon. I figured since they were fem seeds I have a pretty good chance of them being female. Also Should I remove the brown leaves that were damaged when I was gone? Or should I let them fall of on there own?

Strawberry Cough 5 weeks
strawberry_5wks.jpg

Super Lemon Haze 5 weeks
slemmon_5wks.jpg

Papaya2_5 weeks
papaya2_5wks.jpg

Papaya1_5 weeks
papaya1_5wks.jpg

Full Moon2_7 weeks
fullmoon2_7wks.jpg

Full Moon1_7 weeks
fullmoon1_7wks.jpg

Durban Poison 5 weeks
durbanpoison_5wks.jpg

Bubble Gum2_5 weeks
bubble2_5wks.jpg

Bubble Gum1_5 weeks
bubble1_5wks.jpg

+Rep they look very nice! my next goal is to do an outdoor grow have tried it before but never suceeded and was before i knew anything lol! but ill keep an eye on this post! think its gonna be interesting! good luck!

I only know what I have read and it does not amount to much, so this is going to be trial an error and hopefully not too much error. Thanks for the response.

wow your plants are amazing. very nice amigo. all very impressive. i cant wait for mine to get big enough to put into the earth.

lookin good hope that durban is female it's the licorice smoke lol I'm feelin some positive vibes from the plants

Thanks E-rok up some photo's

Thanks Pitviper420. It just seems so sad to get rid of it. I think I might breed it with one of my Super lemon Haze Clones to make Super Lemon Bubble Haze Seeds and with my Strawberry Cough to make some Strawberry Bubble Cough Seeds. Not sure how that would work out. I have never tried it, I think its probably worth a try. What do you think. Thanks for the advise. Also all but one of the plants are showing a little something, just not sure what exactly that is.

SouthernOnt, Thanks for the response. I hope she or he is also a female, I do have a feeling taking a look at her/him she/he is a male, Not for sure yet but the little things growing a looking a little more like balls every day. I do have more Durban Poison Seeds so at least if that plant turns out to be male I will have another shot. Thanks again.

Ok, here are some close up pics of 7 of the plants. If anyone could confirm the sex of these plants it would be greatly appreciated. I think I have a pretty good idea put your help would be nice. The Durban looks to me like it is a hermi, what do you think.

Bubble Gum 1_1
BubbleGume1_1.jpg

Bubble Gum 1_2
BubbleGume1_2.jpg

Bubble Gum 2_1
BubbleGume2_1.jpg

Bubble Gum 2_2
BubbleGume2_2.jpg

Durban Poison 1_1
DurbanPoison_1-1.jpg

Durban Poison 1_2
DurbanPoison_1-2.jpg

Durban Poison 1_3
DurbanPoison_1-3.jpg

Full Moon 1_1
FullMoon1_1.jpg

Full Moon 1_2
FullMoon1_2.jpg

Full Moon 1_3
FullMoon1_3.jpg

Full Moon 2_1
FullMoon2_1.jpg

Full Moon 2_2
FullMoon2_2f.jpg

Papaya 1_1
Papaya1_1.jpg

Papaya 1_2
Papaya1_2.jpg

Papaya 1_3
Papaya1_3.jpg

Papaya 2_1
Papaya2_1.jpg

Papaya 2_2
Papaya2_2.jpg

Ok, we are now in week 6. The plants have show their sex except for one of my Full Moon Plants. I am pretty sure that 3 are male. The three male plants are the Full Moon, Bubble Gum and Durban Poison. I posted the pictures of them so you guys can confirm. So I have six females out of the 10 I started from seed. I am a little bummed that neither of the Durban Poison Plants worked out but I do have some more seed so I will try again. So I have 1 Super Lemon Haze, 1 Strawberry Cough, 2 Papayas, 1 Bubble Gum, And I am hoping the Full Moon is female it has not shown any sex but it's brother was 2 times the size and is really showing so I am going to assume at least for now the plant is a she and I will keep my fingers crossed.

Ok enough of that, the 6 have been moved to there new and final home. I am still feeding them compost/worm tea every 3rd watering. Lets hope they GROW, GROW, GROW.

Take a look,

Bubble Gum 1 6 Weeks _ It's a Girl
BubbleGum1_6wk.jpg

Full Moon 1, 6 Weeks _ Let's Hope it's a Girl
FullMoon1_6wk.jpg

Super Lemon Haze, 6 Weeks _ It's a Girl
Lemon_6wk.jpg

Papaya1, 6 Weeks _ It's a Girl
Papaya1_6wk.jpg

Papaya2, 6 Weeks _ It's a Girl
Papaya2_6wk.jpg

Strawberry Cough, 6 Weeks _ It's a Girl
Straw_6wk.jpg

Ok, Here are my boys, Take a look and Confirm Please.

Bubble Gum2, 6 Weeks _ Pretty sure it's a boy
BubbleGum2_1_6wk.jpg

BubbleGum2_2_6wk.jpg

BubbleGum2_3_6wk.jpg

BubbleGum2_4_6wk.jpg

Durban Poison, 6 Weeks, Pretty Sure It's a BOY
Durban1_6wk.jpg

Durban2_6wk.jpg

Durban3_6wk.jpg

Full Moon2, 6 Weeks, Pretty sure It's a boy
FullMoon2_1_6wk.jpg

FullMoon2_2_6wk.jpg

FullMoon2_3_6wk.jpg

oh yea!....you def got some healthy boys there. you plan to collect pollen for breeding? that'd be interesting to see what you can come up with considering all the strains you have growing as it is.

you can still make hash with the males in the end cant you?
just another idea. preferable over waste or compost IMO.

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, I plan to cross the Lemon and the Strawberry with the Bubble Gum. See if I can get some good seeds. I may try a couple of others, will see. I have cloned all of them, I have not had that good of luck with that, but I will keep trying.

Thanks WeedRyder,

The plants are in a mix of native soil and home made compost watered every third time with compost/worm casting tea. I was hoping to use this all the way through. Its not that I don't want to spend the money on store bought organic ferts. It just seem to me that If I use the stuff I have made or should I say the earth has made, it would be that much better for the plants. I'm not that concerned about the quantity as much as the quality. I have posted a lot of stuff asking if that was even possible and it does seem that most if not all that have responded have said you will have to buy and use some sort of commercial nuts. It may be that I am new and it might be a mistake but I am going to keep up with what has seemed to be working so far and hope for the best.. Thanks again.

One of the only problems I may see coming up and maybe you can help me with this one is. Since I put them in their final home outside. They do get watered from drips for my water which the ph is around 7.5 to 8. And every third time I water with the compost/worm casting tea with the ph is around 6.5 to 7. I'm am not sure if this is going to be a problem or not. I spray feed the leave once every few days with compost/wormcasting tea with a little seaweed and fish extract in it. Thanks again...

Have you looked at this thread?
Organic Nutrient List
It lists quite a few things that you might be able to find and their NPK values.

I had almost the same problem. Do to the limited space inside and the smell I had to move them out a little early. I put them in there pots outside and they seem to do really well. It did get down to the mid 40s and back up to the 70s in the day, but they seemed to have no problems. Now they are in there final home in the ground and they seem to be loving it. They get sun from around 6:00 am to 7:00 pm. Thanks for taking a look..

Back
Top Bottom