First Timer, Any Suggestions?

TorturedSoul, Thanks for the list. That will help out a lot. Gonna print and use that list for sure.

Thanks, XSVBuds, l8tnightskunk,

I think I might have discovered my first big boo boo. Maybe some one can confirm. I thought it was kinda odd that all those boys were sprouting all those balls and my Full Moon looks like it is in flower. My question is, did I put them out too early? The other look fine and I think are still in veg. Should the boys have dropped their pollen so soon? I did get rid of them and one of my Papayas turned out to be a male too. I would not have thought they would have gone into flower for another couple of months. Also if I did put them out too early, what are going to be the repercussions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will try to post some picture of the Full Moon and the rest of the girls tomorrow.

Thanks...

My question is, did I put them out too early?
Sometimes starting indoors and taking them outsdoors can make them go off right away.
I see they are now in the final resting place. The Males unless you are going to let them drop their white powdery pollen & you intend to pollenate one of the females, need to go.
The remainig females can use some additional liquid feeding, if they are showing flowers then you must start a "Flowering" fertilizer.
Ypu might have buds sooner than later.. You could start some more directly outdoors.

I agree ive seen and heard alot of people that start indoors and are on veg but as soon as they get moved outside they switch to flower and this can be because once outside the enviroment works like 12/12 unless you started from seed outside and at the right season. The sun is basically up for 12 hrs of the day and 12 hrs of night. Just my theory

Thanks l8tnightskunk, but the only problem is, Sunrise it at 6:00 a.m. and Sunset is at 7:30. Thats 13.5 hours of light. Do plants go into flower with that amount of light. The days are getting longer by the day. Any way thanks for the info I will be posting some photos in a couple minutes...

Thanks, WeedRyder It's always nice to be put at ease, I trey not to worry about every little thing but as a first timer I am very protective about my little girls.

full moon looks yummy! keep up the good work

Ok, week 7 and Papaya2 turned out to be male. So I guess I got pretty lucky getting one of each as a female except for the Durban, Have some more seeds so I will try to get a few of those going.

The Full Moon looks like it has started flowering, Not sure how that's going to work out since the days are getting longer and longer and It should not flower for another couple or months or so.

Anyway, here are a few pics check them out and tell me what you think...

Strawberry Cough at 7 Weeks, This one is really growing fast it's a little over 3ft and filling in very nice.
Straw_7wk.jpg

Papaya at 7 Weeks, looking pretty nice but slow to start growing after being put in her new home outside.
Papaya1_7wk.jpg

Super Lemon Haze at 7 Weeks, Also a little slow compared to the strawberry but looks healthy
Lemon_7wks.jpg

Bubble Gum at 7 Weeks, Also a little slow compared to the strawberry but looks healthy
BubbleGum1_7wk.jpg

Full Moon 7 Weeks, (It's really 8 Weeks but its just easier to say 7 since that is the age of all the others.) It has started to flower, Not sure what going to happen with this one since it's not supposed to for another couple months) Crossing my fingers, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
FullMoon1_7wk.jpg

Full Moon Flowering Photos
FullMoon1_5_7wk.jpg

FullMoon1_4_7wk.jpg

FullMoon1_3_7wk.jpg

FullMoon1_2_7wk.jpg

Thanks HazeSeeker, Its alot more work than I thought is was going to be, but I do appreciate the comments..

Sometimes starting indoors and taking them outsdoors can make them go off right away.
I see they are now in the final resting place. The Males unless you are going to let them drop their white powdery pollen & you intend to pollenate one of the females, need to go.
The remainig females can use some additional liquid feeding, if they are showing flowers then you must start a "Flowering" fertilizer.
Ypu might have buds sooner than later.. You could start some more directly outdoors.

Thanks, very useful information..

Ok, we are in week 8 now and I had to change things up a bit due to three of my plants went into flower when I moved them outside. I thought I would go through the process I am using. If that is not of any interest to you go ahead and scroll down to the plant pics.

First since the three went into flower I had to scramble and make some tea for the flowering plants. I had not really thought that far ahead but this is what I am doing, hopefully it will work out. I decided from the beginning not to use any store bought nuts or ferts. So this is what i am doing

First is the compost, I use two trashcans that I turned into compost barrels. I use grass cuttings, hay, dried leaves, pine needles and straw with horse manure to make the compost. I turn the compost every two to three days and in three to four weeks I have fresh compost.

Compost Bins,
compost_bins.jpg

I then take the finished compost and sift it with my home made sifter to sift out the good compost from the compost that is not yet finished. The not yet finished compost left on the sifter goes back into the compost bin to finish composting.
compost_sifter.jpg

I then take my ingredients for my compost tea.

For my plants that are still In Veg I make a tea of
- 5 Table Spoons Mexican Bat Guano M10 P2 K1
- 5 Table Spoons Fish Emulsion M2 P4 K0.5
- 5 Table Spoons Seaweed Extract
- 1 Cup Finished Compost
- 1 Cup Worm Castings
- 1 Ounce Molasses

For my plants that are in flower I make a tea of
- 5 Table Spoons Jamaican Bat Guano M1 P10 K0.2
- 5 Table Spoons Fish Emulsion M2 P4 K0.5
- 5 Table Spoons Seaweed Extract
- 1 Cup Finished Compost
- 1 Cup Worm Castings
- 1 Ounce Molasses

compost_tea_stuff.jpg

I have two 5 gallon buckets since I now need two different teas and I brew them with air stones for at least three day.
compost_tea_bucket.jpg

I have been watering with tea every 3rd or so watering. I think I might step it up to every other. They seem to do really well every third and maybe I can get some greater growth with every other day, we will see. I also foliar feed with seaweed extract and water every 3 to 5 days.

Anyway take a look at the plants they looking pretty good I think. The Strawberry Cough and the Super Lemon haze are the only two that are still in veg. And the Full Moon, Bubble Gum and Papaya are in full flower. I did read that they could revert back to veg. since it is way to early for them to be flowering outside but I will keep my fingers crossed that does not happen. Ok, take a look and tell me what you think.

Bubble Gum Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks
Bubble_1_8wk.jpg

Bubble Gum Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks(flower photo1)
Bubble_2_8wk.jpg

Bubble Gum Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks(flower photo2)
Bubble_3_8wk.jpg

Bubble Gum Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks(flower photo3)

Bubble_4_8wk.jpg

Full Moon Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks
FullMoon_1_8wk.jpg

Full Moon Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks (flower photo1)

FullMoon_2_8wk.jpg

Full Moon Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks (flower photo2)

FullMoon_3_8wk.jpg

Full Moon Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks (flower photo3)

FullMoon_4_8wk.jpg

Full Moon Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks (flower photo4)

FullMoon_5_8wk.jpg

Full Moon Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks (flower photo5)

FullMoon_6_8wk.jpg

Super Lemon Haze 8 Weeks (Veg)
Its been really hot and it look like the Super Lemon Haze does not like it very much. I hope it adjust to the heat cause it still has a few months and it will get hotter.
Lemon_8wk.jpg

Papaya Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks

Papaya_1_8wk.jpg

Papaya Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks (flower photo1)

Papaya_2_8wk.jpg

Papaya Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks (flower photo2)

Papaya_3_8wk.jpg

Papaya Week 8 in flower 2 Weeks (flower photo3)
Papaya_4_8wk.jpg

Strawberry Cough Week 8 (Veg)

Still going strong, This plant is very hardy and is growing very well. Out of all 5 strains I have this one with no problem. It seems to start growing roots as soon as you cut it of the plant. (Not really, but so far its a no brainer.
Strawberry_8wk.jpg

That's all things seem to be going ok, I still wish those three plants did not go into flower I was hoping for some monsters and I sure hope they don't revert back to veg. I heard that could cause all sorts of problems. Thanks for taking a look and any comments or suggestion are always appreciated.

P.S. Sorry about some of the blurry pics. Its been pretty windy

Thanks HazeSeeker for stopping buy and the comments. I thing you are the only one left. Also sorry about the pics of the compost and tea setup they moved them last night. They said I posted them in the wrong place so when they moved the it broke the link. Not sure how or if you can re-link them.

Back
Top Bottom