First timer trying to get set up

Reddog1981

First timer tryin to get set up.. Ordered 600 watt light with hps and halide bulbs also have seeds on the way... I was wondering if I can just set up a few plants under the one light in a room without a tent but with a fan for circulation. Will this work and also how many plants should I expect to put under the one light and what size pots will the plants finish in?.

Great questions. Yes, you can just set the plants under the light but it won't use the light as efficiently as if they were in a tent. I would expect a 600 watt to light up a 3'x3' space or less without panels to reflect light. You want to go at least 5 gallon pots recommend 7 or 10 gallon though. I would say you could easily grow two plants, four might be stretching it a bit.

First timer.. Sounds great thanks for all the help so far guys. I understand everything u guys r saying. I plan on starting with a auto variety that only gets 24 " on average so I would imagine 5 gallon puts should b ok... Also wider pots tends to b better then taller correct. At least so much so

what is the size of the room and where are you going to leaf the hot air ???

and just 2 plants ??? whats up with that.

a friend of mine uses a 600 watt hps in a 1.20 x1.20 tent with a 500 m3 exhaust fan and he puts 25 plants in there and pulls about 500 grams per grow

you could fill this space with 2 plants but it will take a month or 2 more in veg

Have a corner tub in my bath gonna cover walls with Mylar and couple pieces of plywood probably and make a tent of sorts. Couple little fans for some air movement and also set up an exhaust system. Plan on probably doing 5 plants in 1 gallon grow bags. Of course all of this is if I can ever get a dam seed...... They said 7-21 days and it's been 18 and I don't think there gonna make it guys.. So back to ordering,waiting and praying the law or the post master doesn't many my autos more than I do Lmbo....:wood::wood::wood::wood:

Back
Top Bottom