Flaahgra's First Grow - Dinafem Blue Kush - Organic - Scrog - 250W HIDs

Feb 14 (3 weeks)

Looking good, 5th set is starting on #1, gonna be topping it in the next week or two. Going to transplant as well in that time frame probably, is it ok to both top and transplant around the same time? Don't wanna stress it too much.

And my last pic down there, does that look like a deficiency? Leaves curling down compared to the other one, their tips look fine though not crisping or anything.

BK1

BK2

No joke man, I was stressing the hell over my girl when she was that age too and would droop just like that. She was always droopy and I thought it was due to overwatering as well. I cut back on the watering and she perked up a little bit but she was never like these other plants I see on the forums. I see some stiff, perky, sharp plants but mine never did that until I started flowering. Now she is starting to look normal, or I guess, like the others. What is your light schedule? I was going 24/0 but I wonder if this strain wants 18/6 because, like I said, she seems much happier now that she has some night hours.

Those leaves actually started going up a bit; watered them the most I have yet and it looks like they're growing faster now so maybe I wasn't giving enough.

Paka, my light cycle is 18/6, don't think I'd wanna pay more than it looks like I will next bill (was using 17-22 kwh a day to 22-28 now) especially if I add a humidifier and clone box. I'm sure some dark in veg good too, but 24/0 probably explains why yours looked bigger than mine at the same period.

In the next 2 weeks, I'll be making: the scrog net, a clone box, a compost tea brewer, and I'm going to get a humidifier tonight/tomorrow. If anyone has any tips on these please share them, mainly the scrog net and brewer.

So the first leaves on both plants started curling down a bit and turning yellowish with some brown spots on them... now it only actually looks like that when the leaf is down, when I lift it up with my finger it almost looks like it's not there. Barely shows at all in pics but here they are anyways. I've been ready a bit on deficiencies, could this be the start of a magnesium deficiency? Brown spots appearing on lower leaves and such. Or is this normal for plants?

So they're still nowhere nears Paka's at the same age, something is definitely wrong with them, think I've been overwatering, because when I transplanted them to bigger pots yesterday the root ball felt damp 4 days after last watering. I'll leave them be for a while, hoping they get better.

Also, my MH is a 6500K but the company that makes it (Plusrite) makes aquarium lights so maybe even if it's an OK spectrum, that bulb isn't really made for plants? I'm going to pop in the Hortilux see if that changes anything. I got a Vicks humidifier too, can get RH up to 60 if I open all the intakes, but since I think they're overwatered I won't use it right away.

And last but not least, I am exhauting right into my bedroom... even though it's not that small and I have my door open sometimes as well as the trap door to a cold room where the ballast is, I think it might not be enough and I'm just cycling the same old air. Unfortunately I can't bust holes in my ceiling or walls like everyone else does. Maybe could make one in the trap door; or I have a ceiling vent, but that would push air against the exhaust wouldn't it?

I got flexible ducting today to replace that crap semi-rigid stuff, think air might have been leaking back into the tent before too since it was falling appart, and now I can exhaust at the other end of the room.

Hmmmm how will you deal with smells? Not sure about yours but Choco is a stinky bitch ;-)

By the time I get to it smelling/flowering I hope it's gonna be warm enough that I can keep the door to my cold room open so I can exhaust in there.

It was nice to meet a fellow grower and help get you started today. Good luck with the new Chocolope clone and the yogurt container bubble cloner.
Post here if you have problems. Your plants should be ready to clone once they are like 8" high or so. Once you have a couple clones of each you are good.
If you need to keep the next-generation out of bloom while the current generation is blooming then you can use a cardboard box or Rubbermaid bin or whatever as a small cabinet to hold babies in on the 18 hour light while big ones are on 12 hours

To expand your knowledge the reason that clone looks so different from yours is that it is mostly sativa and yours is mostly Indica by the looks of it.
I hope you enjoy the sample nug, it is only a middle bud but someday you can grow your own and you can keep the top buds for your self also. :yummy:

Those leaves actually started going up a bit; watered them the most I have yet and it looks like they're growing faster now so maybe I wasn't giving enough.

Paka, my light cycle is 18/6, don't think I'd wanna pay more than it looks like I will next bill (was using 17-22 kwh a day to 22-28 now) especially if I add a humidifier and clone box. I'm sure some dark in veg good too, but 24/0 probably explains why yours looked bigger than mine at the same period.

In the next 2 weeks, I'll be making: the scrog net, a clone box, a compost tea brewer, and I'm going to get a humidifier tonight/tomorrow. If anyone has any tips on these please share them, mainly the scrog net and brewer.

SCRoGs are prety easy if you're a little handy. I used PVC and cut to length using a handsaw, then I used PVC elbows and 90 degree fittings to connect it. If it's going to be on the bigger side I would suggest bracing it, i.e. making two or more equal "squares" out of the PVC rather than making one large opening. It'll flex once you start putting your line on. I used a drill and self-tapping screws with bulk weedeater line for the netting.

Have you looked into the Gas Lantern Routine? It's twelve on, 5.5 off, then one hour on, then 5.5 off. The light cycle in the middle is just to break up the darkness and keep the plant from flowering. I've been running it for a few weeks now, and while I can't say whether or not the plants are doing better because of it, they definitely show a similar level of health and new growth, but with less light and a lower power bill.

I'm in the "plants need sleep just like we do" camp. I personally would not do 24/0.

OG's choco smoke report:

Dark gold looking tight bud, smells like pollen when smelling the nug itself but there's a sour explosion when you crack it open, like lemonade. Has some chocolatey/sweet hints but mainly that sour lemon smell. I smoked some stuff I had right before I noticed the tester so I probably can't say 100% right now how the high is but I did get an uplifting, euphoric feeling right after smoking it. You can tell by the great taste and smoothness of the smoke that it's good homegrown.

Back
Top Bottom