Flaahgra's First Grow - Dinafem Blue Kush - Organic - Scrog - 250W HIDs

For your question of phenos - always clone all plants starting from seed. When at least one clone of each is growing then bloom the two original plants and after harvest decide which is best. Don't pick one early then find out after that the other one produced better bud. Phenotypes can be very different and you want the best. With femenized seeds I would usually grow at least 4 to have a good chance of getting best ones. With male/female I would grow at least 6 (what I did with Jack's smack). I am actually hoping to get at least one male so I can do a little breeding ;-)

With only one tent could I keep clones in a box with a weak light so they don't grow too much and so I don't spend on more this soon to get another setup running? This is the problem I think I have right now with cloning, only room for one growing phase, would have to get rid the mother. They both are doing ok now, not that that determines how good the bud will be.

The small one (that I'll start calling BK1 or #1) is sturdy as hell and is starting to develop its leaves faster than the tall one (BK2 or #2). They're now at about 20-22" from the MH.

To run clones you need a veg area and bloom area, it is possible to do what you say, but it would be difficult to keep clones in a flower tent if that's what you mean. it would be very complicated, absolutely zero light can reach the flowering plants during the dark period if this happens you flowering may stop or you may have a hermi situation.

top dressing can be great, but is not always necessary. Mulch is a very important part of the system.

compost teas are a great way to introduce/boost the population of beneficial soil microorganisms in your container. I would start with one of those.

And contrary to what you can find on the web: here is what a good compost tea (act, aact, call it what you want) should consist of:

aerated clean water,
vermicompost(worm castings),
molasses

This is pretty close to the first tea that I used...worked pretty good,but then I found the Earth Juice line. i have been using Earth Juice for the past 2 years and I love it!

IMG_052524.JPG

Yes you can keep separate vegged very easy and cheap the cheapest and easiest is to stick a light fixture with a CFL unit into a Rubbermaid box or even a cardboard box. Then you can use that to keep your clones in. If you use cardboard then make sure the light fixture does not get too hot for it

?Why's that?

Because I don't like proprietary formulas for one (a big one)
I like to know 1): what I'm using 2): why it works 3): how it works

Because I don't want to support that company with my hard earned dollars

Because I am against unnatural chelation of nutrients in an organic environment. ( because the SFW doesn't work that way)

That's all.

Investing in the proper equipment is always the best thing you can do for a grow. Even if your first grow fails, you will have most of the tools needed to succeed at your finger tips.

I am glad to see someone who took time to buy a proper setup before starting. Way too many people just grow in a corner of their basement under CFL's and wonder why their plants suck.

That said. You don't need to have the filter and fan inside the tent. The fan can be outside of the tent sucking air out, and the filter can be on the other side, having air pushed into it and out.

This will reduce the life of the filter by probably 25 percent or so, but will still work. That should give you more headroom in your tent, and a lot more space for good air movement.

If you continue to keep your filter and fan inside the tent. Make sure to really train your plants or they will outgrow that space.

Keep up the awesome work.

Jan 31 (One week since breaking soil)

They're starting the 2nd set of leaves, looking pretty good. #1 (small one) is still showing much faster leaf development than #2, probably something to do with the latter being buried in soil for a bit. It's leaves are much fatter and extended, doesn't look like it too much in the pics but it's noticeable up close.

Feb 4 (Two weeks in soil)

I top dressed them with some of my final organic mix two days ago, didn't kill them or anything. The main stem is forming past the cotyledons into the first leaves... still faster on #1 than #2. If I compare my growth to OMC's, looks like mine (only my best actually, #2 is really lagging) are a bit behind (I should be at dec 13-14 in his journal but it looks more like dec 12). The MH is about 16" away, doesn't really feel that hot until you get close to the foot range, but not sure if I should risk putting em closer. Wonder if the CFLs make em grow more at first or if it's MH that makes them smaller.

Also I've never seen water come out the pots, should I water bigger amounts? With the low humidity I have, I water less than every 48 hours, not sure if water is reaching bottom though, maybe roots aren't developing as much as they should?

Looking really nice man. I started mine off with 4x 23w CFL bulbs about 4" from the tops. I believe I actually may have over watered them in the beginning by accident. I also started them in a clear automotive painters cup (all i had at the time) and noticed some moss growing on the inside on Dec 7 and freaked out. I used black duct tape to block the light but there was already stuff growing in it. No idea if that played a part in growth, like some natural fertilizer. You should see some really quick growth now. This is at the point where mine started taking off. I love this strain and it seems to do really well with CFL.

This is awesome watching yours grow and its damn near identical to mine.

Feb 7 (Two weeks above soil)

They keep on growing, still look a bit behind compared to pics of seedlings at 2 weeks I can find on the web, maybe low humidity causing that? Anyone experienced with HIDs and cooltubes think I should have them closer than 15-16"? I have the fan on lowest right now and it doesn't get that hot, can even touch the tube.

BK1

BK2

Hey man. Just a heads up. I popped another humidifier into my tent and got humidity up to about 70% and she is growing twice as fast. It seems this strain LOVES moisture.

Yeah it's tempting to get one but I'm trying to avoid adding more things that use electricity. The water bowls I tried adding were pretty deep with not that much surface area so I might try with something shallower and wet towels.

Not that they're doing bad but of course it's always nice if it grows faster. Cotyledons now yellowing, it looks like it's entering the actual veg phase. Noticed something though:

Those two little things at the 1st leaves' node, are they preflowers or side branches?

Yeah it's tempting to get one but I'm trying to avoid adding more things that use electricity. The water bowls I tried adding were pretty deep with not that much surface area so I might try with something shallower and wet towels.

Not that they're doing bad but of course it's always nice if it grows faster. Cotyledons now yellowing, it looks like it's entering the actual veg phase. Noticed something though:

Those two little things at the 1st leaves' node, are they preflowers or side branches?

I had those at every new node. They reminded me of jester collars. They weren't either, pistils or new nodes. Just some kind of sheath tips. There has to be a scientific term for em but that was normal on mine.

You can see em on these pics...

xHtB0aS.jpg

aWOAnB5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom