Fox Farm nutes safe for foods to be eaten? Normal foods.

RandyL

Maybe this is a dumb question, and maybe it was answered previously somewhere, but I'd like to get confirmation.

Would Fox Farm nutrients be safe to use on plants that will be eaten, like tomatoes, peppers, and potatoes? A friend of mine has a garden, and the remainder of my FF nutes (Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom) have been sitting for a year unused, so I thought I'd put them on his plants in his garden and see how much it helps. We'd leave some unfertilized as a control sample.

We did one row of potatoes yesterday, I put Grow Big in water at 15 ml / gallon, and put a quart of water on each plant in one row. Next time I'll use Grow Big and Big Bloom together.

I can only guess that the same things would apply, such as switching to bloom nutes after the fruits / vegetables start showing up on branches, and stop nutes a couple weeks before harvest to flush them out.

FF nutes claim to be organic, and I can only guess they are safe, I'd just like some other opinions. I just never gave it consideration before, because although I used to grow, I was NEVER a smoker, I just took it to the local legal dispensaries, so it wasn't a personal issue for me.

No such thing as a dumb question. With that being said...I wouldn't use anything to grow with, that I couldn't use to grow veggies to consume. I know someone that uses FoxFarm Grow Big on their tomatoes with fantastic results.

Go ahead and juice them up! Just don't over water :thumb:

For potatoes, wondering, maybe try a nute specialized for roots.

You don't water potatoes, any nutes must be premixed with soil.

Back
Top Bottom