Friend gave me a clone already dying

Greenleef

The clone is girl scout cookie it is about 8 inches tall very thick stem . We lost power today for about 6 hours due to an auto accident hitting a pole outside, the clone was standing nice and tall last night . And today after i go look when the power is back on the clone is looking droopy and the stem is shriveled up . Not half as thick as is was last night . I moved the lil lady to new lighting of 600w of cfls . Can she be revived or has she moved on :( please help . What can i do. This is my first post im not sure how to post pics yet but i will try . Thank you all. P.s . Ive been reading 420 mag every night for 2 months already , hours at a time . You are all so great . Thank you .

Hey welcome!

Now that you have posted your first post. It gets easier from here.

If we can get your clone to live on. I suggest starting a journal on her.

I have helpful links in my signature below on how to start one.

There’s also a link in there on how to make your own signature. Check it out! :thumb:

Now, to your clone...

Has it rooted already or are you still waiting for that? How old is it roughly.

I’d say maybe hike the humidity for her. Put a plastic container like a plastic left over container or something over her to help keep high humidity. Those clones love high humidity.

Pictures.. are you posting off your phone or the computer?

How is the clone situated? Is it in a cup? My suggestion is to make some type of dome or cover to keep humidity as high as possible. If you’re watering, stop. It doesn’t sound like there’s much root.

Done can be an inverted cup or ziplock baggie. Mist the inside of the cup or bag and place over so it’s airtight. The baggies are easy. Mist and over top, zip till it meets the container and clip closed.

The cfl’s are great for cloning. Just keep them on 24/7 and 4 inches or so from the top of the dome. Circulate air once a day.

It should perk up.

I honestly don't know if you have mold. When I zoom in it doesn't appear to be. I do see webbing on the 1st picture which indicates spider mites perhaps. If in doubt just remove a bud you suspect mold and open it up. I believe you said above that is what you did. I had a huge issue with my winter indoor grow this past year. I was pretty confident in bud washing. Since it was our smoke I had no problem trying it out. Now I always bud wash. Such a difference this makes. Beautiful clean buds and the smoothest flower we have ever tasted. We compared the taste with unwashed vs washed. Huge difference!! Watch Jose Cervantes you tube video on bud washing. I always bud wash now, everyone we share with say the very same thing. Best tasting bud ever, so clean, no harshness and a very flavorful smoke. I highly recommend this. Good luck to you. Nice looking buds
I think you responded to the wrong post

The clone is girl scout cookie it is about 8 inches tall very thick stem . We lost power today for about 6 hours due to an auto accident hitting a pole outside, the clone was standing nice and tall last night . And today after i go look when the power is back on the clone is looking droopy and the stem is shriveled up . Not half as thick as is was last night . I moved the lil lady to new lighting of 600w of cfls . Can she be revived or has she moved on :( please help . What can i do. This is my first post im not sure how to post pics yet but i will try . Thank you all. P.s . Ive been reading 420 mag every night for 2 months already , hours at a time . You are all so great . Thank you .

I concur with what the others said. Put something over it to lock in moisture. Clones need high humidity so the plant focuses on creating roots. Do you know how old it is?

I honestly don't know if you have mold. When I zoom in it doesn't appear to be. I do see webbing on the 1st picture which indicates spider mites perhaps. If in doubt just remove a bud you suspect mold and open it up. I believe you said above that is what you did. I had a huge issue with my winter indoor grow this past year. I was pretty confident in bud washing. Since it was our smoke I had no problem trying it out. Now I always bud wash. Such a difference this makes. Beautiful clean buds and the smoothest flower we have ever tasted. We compared the taste with unwashed vs washed. Huge difference!! Watch Jose Cervantes you tube video on bud washing. I always bud wash now, everyone we share with say the very same thing. Best tasting bud ever, so clean, no harshness and a very flavorful smoke. I highly recommend this. Good luck to you. Nice looking buds

Sooooooooooo

May wanna reel that post back in my friend

Lol

Hey welcome!

Now that you have posted your first post. It gets easier from here.

If we can get your clone to live on. I suggest starting a journal on her.

I have helpful links in my signature below on how to start one.

There’s also a link in there on how to make your own signature. Check it out! :thumb:

Now, to your clone...

Has it rooted already or are you still waiting for that? How old is it roughly.

I’d say maybe hike the humidity for her. Put a plastic container like a plastic left over container or something over her to help keep high humidity. Those clones love high humidity.

Pictures.. are you posting off your phone or the computer?
Thank you i am using my phone , galaxy note 9 . She has roots , in rockwool atm with potting soil.the mother started from seed july 7th . Buddy just cut the clone last week and gave it to me . Leaves are yellow , new growth is nice an green . Very small amount of new growth

How is the clone situated? Is it in a cup? My suggestion is to make some type of dome or cover to keep humidity as high as possible. If you’re watering, stop. It doesn’t sound like there’s much root.

Done can be an inverted cup or ziplock baggie. Mist the inside of the cup or bag and place over so it’s airtight. The baggies are easy. Mist and over top, zip till it meets the container and clip closed.

The cfl’s are great for cloning. Just keep them on 24/7 and 4 inches or so from the top of the dome. Circulate air once a day.

It should perk up.
She is planted in rockwool , then that is in a small pot with ffof . She has some roots and small new growth is green , the rest is yellow and shriveled. I have her about 3 inches from cfls , is that to close .

Mother
I concur with what the others said. Put something over it to lock in moisture. Clones need high humidity so the plant focuses on creating roots. Do you know how old it is?
Plant is over a month old , planted july 7th , clone was cut last week .

A regular heating pad is probably too hot.any warm area @derek910 is right with the temp.

If they were just cut last week the root structure isn’t established enough and it’s still relying heavily on the leaves and transpiration. Definitely keep the dome on for now. The usual time I’ve had clones show the first sign of root is 10 days. A few times a couple days faster.

That being said the new growth is a great sign. The leaves that were on when the clone was taken will look like crap as the roots develop and the new leaves pop. The clone is feeding off the leaves as the roots develop. They will drop when the new growth establishes

Also, FFOF soil is a bit hot so that may, in part, be causing the leaf issues

I always put clones onto seedling mats.

This is a handy thing that seems to get overlooked too frequently. A seedling mat with temp sensor/controller is pretty cheap, all things considered, and I can't imagine sprouting/cloning without one.

Back
Top Bottom