Fudge

Hey all, I'm planning to make Old School Chocolate Fudge this weekend. Not the crappy fudge with condensed milk & marshmallow cream; but the kind made from Hershey's Cocoa. I plan to infuse it with Tru-Infusion 1:1 RSO. Since I'm not using infused butter or oil I'm wondering when to add the RSO. The Fudge has to Boil on the stove so I think it might be too hot & ruin the RSO... not sure. Would it be better to mix in the RSO after it starts to cool ? @Nunyabiz , at what temp does RSO degrade ? If I know that I can use a laser thermometer & add the RSO at the right time. Thanks for any info.

Hey all, I'm planning to make Old School Chocolate Fudge this weekend. Not the crappy fudge with condensed milk & marshmallow cream; but the kind made from Hershey's Cocoa. I plan to infuse it with Tru-Infusion 1:1 RSO. Since I'm not using infused butter or oil I'm wondering when to add the RSO. The Fudge has to Boil on the stove so I think it might be too hot & ruin the RSO... not sure. Would it be better to mix in the RSO after it starts to cool ? @Nunyabiz , at what temp does RSO degrade ? If I know that I can use a laser thermometer & add the RSO at the right time. Thanks for any info.
Interesting recipe, love the Hershey's fudge, I like mine with walnuts. You have some interesting questions which I hope someone here can answer so I can try my hand at making fudge. Never thought about using a laser thermometer for cooking....hmmm.

Interesting recipe, love the Hershey's fudge, I like mine with walnuts. You have some interesting questions which I hope someone here can answer so I can try my hand at making fudge. Never thought about using a laser thermometer for cooking....hmmm.
I've always used the laser thermometer for making butter & oil & it works so I imagine it should work with fudge.
Nunyabiz will know. Hope he's still around. @bluter might also know.

I don’t know if this helps but I try to add everything (if possible) below 220 degrees to avoid vaporization levels. Usually just use a regular old candy thermometer, but I’m a gearhead, so I always have a laser thermometer I use for measuring temps on my header so I don’t burn muh knuckles. Hope that helps!

Would it be better to mix in the RSO after it starts to cool ?

that's when i would add it

I've always used the laser thermometer for making butter & oil & it works so I imagine it should work with fudge.

should work dandy.

I would put it in at the last possible time, if you make an icing that goes on after its baked i would probably mix the oil into the icing.

that's where i would use it as well. i actually use infused vg for icing.

I don’t know if this helps but I try to add everything (if possible) below 220 degrees to avoid vaporization levels. Usually just use a regular old candy thermometer, but I’m a gearhead, so I always have a laser thermometer I use for measuring temps on my header so I don’t burn muh knuckles. Hope that helps!

mine is used for automotive as well.

I found 1 article that says if RSO reaches 300 F it is no longer any good; so the 220 - 240 F sounds good to me. I'll be making this after work today. Hope it turns out.

add it in around 200. 220 is where weed decarbs, and is the point it can degrade if reheated as well.

i do a double cook on my instant pot infused oils. 220 is the point it gets held at, a touch more would bring diminishing results. it works as there is pressure plus the oil involved. take one of those away and it crashes. a third cook brings diminishing results as well.

Back
Top Bottom