Fully enclosing hoophouse?

what you need is vents on the roof , , something you can open when its not raining and somewhere the rain cant get in ,
you can cut vents then have flaps you can close and open. have some on the sides that can stay open too , :cheesygrinsmiley:,
buzz killington has the reputation of leaving pointless snide comments zzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz the most unfunny person in the world ,

something like this lol excuse the work of art but you should catch my drift :)

P1100228.JPG
That looks like it would work for pure humidity but my bud rot problem really blew up when it was rainy non-stop. The air moisture was high at the same time but I wouldn’t be able to over that flap without making it worse...

Grandpa always had a greenhouse, enclosed but with roof vents. i bet a small solar panel and a fan powered roof vent would be a good start. Gramps sunk his 2 foot below the ground to take advantage of ground insulation perhaps yours needs to be elevated- the ground that is, plus hard to tell of any slope but maybe french drain away from it 20 feet or so, Also surrounding vegetation preventing air movement perhaps? I'd cut it back ten foot either side.gravel or dark stone base to asorb solar heat/ convection to help dry the air? just throwing stuff out there...

Grandpa always had a greenhouse, enclosed but with roof vents. i bet a small solar panel and a fan powered roof vent would be a good start. Gramps sunk his 2 foot below the ground to take advantage of ground insulation perhaps yours needs to be elevated- the ground that is, plus hard to tell of any slope but maybe french drain away from it 20 feet or so, Also surrounding vegetation preventing air movement perhaps? I'd cut it back ten foot either side.gravel or dark stone base to asorb solar heat/ convection to help dry the air? just throwing stuff out there...
just read your last post ;) constant rain, thats a tough one.

yes its a nightmare , maybe try some white window autos or others that tickle your fancy , 75/90 sprout to finish days , just do plenty of them, 2 runs even :) , l think they are good with mould , anything is better than nothing , im the same where i live , even autos are hard to get right with the rain here ,
, im leaning to the white window for this spring have not done WW but i was recommended by the seed bank for my climate etc , its also an old time favourite too so yes ive made my mind up for WW autos to grow in spring to come :cheesygrinsmiley: .

Despite the bud rot problems, I have to say outdoor is still the way to go. Here is my harvest nearly half done, maybe 3/7. It’s still a lot of weed the sun has provided me with minimal effort.

Bud rot is a matter of looking at glass half full or empty. It seems like a big loss because you could have had so much more bud, but when you look at the amount of bud I have for very little effort, it’s still a good deal.

I am still a proponent of growing outdoors even though we have so many problems at the end of the season. From what the indoor guys deal with, it seems like they have no shortage of problems. From my indoor tent that I run experiments in, it’s also challenging for different reasons.

I will never shit on indoor growing because it’s challenging and fun, but ultimately I think the cannabis industry will be headed in the outdoor direction. It’s just so much more economical. No lights, no cords, no fans, no crazy complicated hydroponic setups (which I respect but avoid) — just a crop that grows huge.

It’s friday and grandma’s drunk, but you get my drift...
88C8AE52-DCAC-419B-A12A-5F98D29EFF23.jpeg

Despite the bud rot problems, I have to say outdoor is still the way to go. Here is my harvest nearly half done, maybe 3/7. It’s still a lot of weed the sun has provided me with minimal effort.

Bud rot is a matter of looking at glass half full or empty. It seems like a big loss because you could have had so much more bud, but when you look at the amount of bud I have for very little effort, it’s still a good deal.

I am still a proponent of growing outdoors even though we have so many problems at the end of the season. From what the indoor guys deal with, it seems like they have no shortage of problems. From my indoor tent that I run experiments in, it’s also challenging for different reasons.

I will never shit on indoor growing because it’s challenging and fun, but ultimately I think the cannabis industry will be headed in the outdoor direction. It’s just so much more economical. No lights, no cords, no fans, no crazy complicated hydroponic setups (which I respect but avoid) — just a crop that grows huge.

It’s friday and grandma’s drunk, but you get my drift...
88C8AE52-DCAC-419B-A12A-5F98D29EFF23.jpeg
Cheers, drunk grandma. Nice haul!

no crazy complicated hydroponic setups

All of my hydroponic setups have been sane and uncomplicated. Maybe you're thinking of aeroponics, that seems pretty crazy to me (unless you have a standby generator, at least). Or aquapoincs, that's compilcated (you have to use fish as a nutrient processor ;) ).

BtW, "hydroponics" and "outdoor gardening" are not mutually exclusive.

You might get some benefit out of asking @Tead for advice, either in general regarding mold, for suggestions of which strains (if any) do better at either resisting it or ignoring it, or both. He's located in New Orleans - so Mold Central, USA (probably).

Looking good Grandma - congrats on your harvest.

Mold .... meh just one of the challenges. Sometimes we get it sometimes we get something worse, then other times its walk in the park. The longer I grow the shorter the walk in the park goes it wood seem.

All of my hydroponic setups have been sane and uncomplicated. Maybe you're thinking of aeroponics, that seems pretty crazy to me (unless you have a standby generator, at least). Or aquapoincs, that's compilcated (you have to use fish as a nutrient processor ;) ).

BtW, "hydroponics" and "outdoor gardening" are not mutually exclusive.

You might get some benefit out of asking @Tead for advice, either in general regarding mold, for suggestions of which strains (if any) do better at either resisting it or ignoring it, or both. He's located in New Orleans - so Mold Central, USA (probably).
You might be right about me confusing it with other ponics and I certainly am not casting aspersions, it’s just not for me.

And now grandma is hungover...

Back
Top Bottom