FuzzyGreen's Two Chamber Closet Grow - Perpetual?

What kind of test bud? This is my first run with all of them... been on for 2 months now. The new one just a couple of days. The ones in the top tent have a screen material I put over the face to drop the intensity and trap the heat from getting down to my plants, I couldn't run them at the advertised height without the screen, far too much for the plants. They taco up from too much transpiration within a couple hours. It sucks

At least theyre strong enough to burn a plant. Maybe you can change a bit mext time to give more distance to them.

If you were using one of them a cpl of month longer i would have asked if you mind checking on the heat from both. My theory is that the keep using the same wattage but the heat per watt would rise over time while light output drops. If one of them would heat up the environment more this would proof this.

My first journal What's That? - White Light - What Does It Do? - It Grows

Using that light My very first DIY COB fixture

At least theyre strong enough to burn a plant. Maybe you can change a bit mext time to give more distance to them.

If you were using one of them a cpl of month longer i would have asked if you mind checking on the heat from both. My theory is that the keep using the same wattage but the heat per watt would rise over time while light output drops. If one of them would heat up the environment more this would proof this.

I'm sort of seeing the ill effects of the intensity on the lower plants. There's a ton of air flow in the bottom and a fan to circulate the air and add some turbulence. But I haven't seen a lot of growth from them since the move, might just be adjusting to the lighting difference. But what would I need, infrared thermometer?

Yup exactly.

I was facing this stunt too when i moved under the COBs and had them cranked up too much.

Crap. could you place something like a sunscreen on the glas of the panel until the plants are stronger...maybe like a screen protector.

But i am not skilled enough of this is ever Happening because they grow closer and closer.

Can you give it back and pick up some COBs or a dimmable panel?

I'm picking up more screen material soon, I'm going to do the same as the top fixture... I think it will aid things a bit. Eventually I'd like to get into a DIY project, I'm going to experiment a bit. My brother wants some dimmable flood lights for his boat so I'll get a crack at installing them there... machining a custom box for them at work too. We'll see man. So how does your fixture dim? What do you use to dim it... does the driver control that

Hey. There are many options. On the HLG A Version i have i need a screwdriver to turn the internal potentiometer, on the ELG i have the B Version. This means you have to add an external dimming option. I went for a 100k pot. Just a knob i can turn.

I had a look today while dimming my lights a bit. COB wise 80W is the minimum i can use. 408 the maximum. Too much with the drivers in there.

Hey... Now i have a very good idea. If you dont struggle with opening your lights you could pull the drivers out of the panels and place them on the outside wall of your cabinet. They generate plenty of heat too. Just have a look how long your wires need to be and try that.

My drivers are pretty good, but they get between 40 and 50c too just like the cheap chinese drivers.

I hope this helps. Its pretty easy to get this done mate

Hey. There are many options. On the HLG A Version i have i need a screwdriver to turn the internal potentiometer, on the ELG i have the B Version. This means you have to add an external dimming option. I went for a 100k pot. Just a knob i can turn.

I had a look today while dimming my lights a bit. COB wise 80W is the minimum i can use. 408 the maximum. Too much with the drivers in there.

Hey... Now i have a very good idea. If you dont struggle with opening your lights you could pull the drivers out of the panels and place them on the outside wall of your cabinet. They generate plenty of heat too. Just have a look how long your wires need to be and try that.

My drivers are pretty good, but they get between 40 and 50c too just like the cheap chinese drivers.

I hope this helps. Its pretty easy to get this done mate

I'm comfortable around electricity. Soldering etc. So I'll look into it... but I'm going to keep these guys intact. Who knows with the brand etc but I've got a warranty on em so if something does happen I won't mess with these.

I'm gonna do some research on what I could get setup. I'm not worried about getting decent drivers and quality diodes... gotta look back over what you did too

So just a quick update while I'm at work, been a little dormant here. Just reading and catching up with threads. There will be a nicer update later with new pictures, I tried taking some before work but many ended up blurry. So roughly 530est there will be some more... but for now....

Lowerveg.jpg

^lower veg area

Scrogsinglep.jpg

^upper flower chamber, about a week from 12/12 flip

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom