Gallery Upload Issues

I am having trouble placing full size pictures in my posts with "Gallery Embed". They upload to the gallery fine. It just will not let me select a picture. After I click on the gallery embed icon. It brings up my media. When I put the pointer on a picture and left click to select nothing happens. I have been told it should have a border or high lite around it. I get nothing when selected. Nothing shows for me accept the JPG # in a black strip on the bottom. When I left click on a picture and go to continue it sends me back to my post but nothing is added to it like there should be.
I can add pictures by copying from the gallery and pasting it in " Insert Image " Here is how that looks
1522685-90905c9fe1ac16dc39e3d0ed1039649b.jpg

So it lets me add pictures I just can't add them full size for better viewing. It sucks my close ups are getting better but when posted they are so small you can't see the detail I was trying to get.
Please help if you can

Hi Rob And Marc (@420 @Marc Ocean )

The issue of rogue albums appearing in my list of options when I choose to “Upload to an existing Album” is continuing.

The 2 I originally reported to you are still there, and during the last week, 2 new ones have appeared. Thjere’s obviously a setting that can make an album available for anyone to post in. I can’t see anything obvious when I make a new album though. @DrDoob mentioned before that he could also see those first 2 when he is uploading to existing album, I wonder if he can see these 2 new ones as well...? (Suggesting it’s a global thing, not just me)
Here’s a screenshot showing all the ‘rogue’ Albums...

Hope the to do list is settling for you!
:Namaste:

Has anyone encountered this issue where their images are turned upside down or sideways recently when uploading images to the 420 gallery or is anyone available to test it out when using their phone to upload?

Hi Marc - this all seems good. I’ve had no issue - and I’m not seeeing them in the main gallery either!
:thumb:

I think the albums that show for other users happen if you create a new album then edit the permissions for that new album then in the “Can add media items” section change it to everyone or registered users.

I think the albums that show for other users happen if you create a new album then edit the permissions for that new album then in the “Can add media items” section change it to everyone or registered users.

Hi Doob!:ciao:
Okay, so you see those 2 newer ones too?

It could get pretty cumbersome if there ends up being lots of them created that way - would get difficult to find ones own albums easily...

Hi Doob!:ciao:
Okay, so you see those 2 newer ones too?

It could get pretty cumbersome if there ends up being lots of them created that way - would get difficult to find ones own albums easily...
Interesting I do not see them. I don't understand why you do, but I don't @Amy Gardner

I see it. As an experiment I added a pic to it. Hope you don't have a heart attack. At least you're a doctor.
This could be an annoying glitch. I mean when other idiots add pics to your albums.

:thanks:
That is interesting Bonsai :hmmmm:. So when you go to “Upload to existing Album” you only see your own Albums, is that right?

No I have to say, when I go to upload, I do see five extra, one of which is DrDoob's. I didn't try to upload earlier.

Strange, I never upload that way......so I wasn't seeing them when uploading. I'm always in a folder when uploading.

Strange, I never upload that way......so I wasn't seeing them when uploading. I'm always in a folder when uploading.
wow - i thought that was the only way to do it! So do you browse to an album first and then hit upload? WHat do you see then?

Hey @DrDoob could you describe what you did to make that album accessible to us?

I can see how/why the ‘feature’ may be useful in some circumstances but it does have a lot of potential to be a real hindrance :hmmmm:. It’s also obvious that the 4 members who’ve created the ones we see didn’t intend to create Albums shared with the entire memebrship!

wow - i thought that was the only way to do it! So do you browse to an album first and then hit upload? WHat do you see then?

Hey @DrDoob could you describe what you did to make that album accessible to us?

I can see how/why the ‘feature’ may be useful in some circumstances but it does have a lot of potential to be a real hindrance :hmmmm:

Create a new album then edit the permissions for that new album, in the “Can add media items” section change it to Everyone or Registered Users, looks like you could even add specific usernames too.

Thanks Doob!

looks like you could even add specific usernames too.
I can see how that could be useful - but having ones randomly granted to Everyone doesn’t seem like a good idea.

No doubt once the week gets under way again, Marc will check in and check it out for us!

I can see how/why the ‘feature’ may be useful in some circumstances but it does have a lot of potential to be a real hindrance :hmmmm:. It’s also obvious that the 4 members who’ve created the ones we see didn’t intend to create Albums shared with the entire memebrship!

This is what I see:

I am having trouble placing full size pictures in my posts with "Gallery Embed". They upload to the gallery fine. It just will not let me select a picture. After I click on the gallery embed icon. It brings up my media. When I put the pointer on a picture and left click to select nothing happens. I have been told it should have a border or high lite around it. I get nothing when selected. Nothing shows for me accept the JPG # in a black strip on the bottom. When I left click on a picture and go to continue it sends me back to my post but nothing is added to it like there should be.

My exact problem today. I can upload no problem. I can see the folder no problem. But when I attempt to place it I get nothing. No highlight around the picture nothing.

Is anyone having the same problems...?

Back
Top Bottom