Gallery Upload Issues

Dude, I'm not a retard when it comes to using computers, I'm 36 and been using computers since I was about 14, but way to totally dismiss everything I said and act like you know it all and I don't know shit. I know about using SHIFT and CTRL, but not everybody does. If you actually read my post I specifically mentioned using CTRL and why it's a pain. I didn't mention using SHIFT because I don't want to upload everything because I take a lot of pictures so even though I may store for my own personal use on my own personal external hard drive I do not want to upload all those picture, so for me SHIFT is out of the question. But how many people are that computer literate? And again, using CTRL still has the same goddam problem of having to upload pictures from a single directory at a time then having to go back and double click through every fucking directory again to get to a different directory (from say set 1 to set 2, or veg to flower, or any goddam directory to any other directory of which I have many because I use many because I like to be organized). So no, your response didn't help at all, it was condescending and didn't tell me a fucking thing I didn't already know. And no, you cannot see why I'm frustrated because people like you dismissing my concerns and being a complete and total condescending ass and telling me shit I already know is part of why I'm so frustrated and pissed off. That and not being able to upload pictures in a simple drag-and-drop manner instead of having to go through a hundred and one steps upload pictures on a picture heavy website.
Woah...sorry. I didn't mean to touch a nerve. I was just trying to help. I'm sorry that I didn't know the complete problem. I didn't dismiss your problem. If I had, I wouldn't have responded.

Anger rarely gets the response you are looking for. Sorry again for trying to help.:Namaste:

Woah...sorry. I didn't mean to touch a nerve. I was just trying to help. I'm sorry that I didn't know the complete problem. I didn't dismiss your problem. If I had, I wouldn't have responded.

Anger rarely gets the response you are looking for. Sorry again for trying to help.:Namaste:

You didn't know the complete problem because you didn't properly read my post, you just jumped in all "White Knight" with your "help" to "save the day". Heck I've done the same thing before, it feels good, but only to questions I can easily answer, and more importantly questions/comments I've properly read. Go back and read what I wrote and you might see the problem I was trying to explain. @Chris Scorpio (did I do that right?) got what I was trying to say but you completely missed the mark, almost like you read the title and jumped to conclusions without reading the article.

And I agree with you that anger rarely gets the response you're looking for. Mostly. Though for me I find that when I talk and point out the same thing over and over and over again and people ignore me over and over and over again, when I explode (verbally/sweary not physically) people usually pay attention.

No one has been Ignoring You My Friend, @Amy Gardner has documented many Wish List Items, and @420 and @Marc Ocean have them as well, Its just a Priority List I assume, and as One is Marked Off the list the next One takes its Place

The Crew has been working towards fixing a Lot of Challenges with the Upload Process, and will soon, I hope, start addressing More to make it even better for us all to Upload easier.

I do Suggest Creating a Bookmark to the Last step of the Process, too the Add Media Stage to simplify the process a Bit, If you havent already
Sorry its a Phone Pic but same thing basicaly

No one has been Ignoring You My Friend, @Amy Gardner has documented many Wish List Items, and @420 and @Marc Ocean have them as well, Its just a Priority List I assume, and as One is Marked Off the list the next One takes its Place

The Crew has been working towards fixing a Lot of Challenges with the Upload Process, and will soon, I hope, start addressing More to make it even better for us all to Upload easier.

I do Suggest Creating a Bookmark to the Last step of the Process, too the Add Media Stage to simplify the process a Bit, If you havent already
Sorry its a Phone Pic but same thing basicaly

It's frustrating because I know you guys are trying to be helpful but it's really not. I've already done what you suggested and bookmarked the last step to the upload media page, so from the 420 end it's simple, but from the user end it's still a matter of double clicking through every directory and every separate directory to find wherever you store your pictures or doing what @Amy Gardner suggested and make a completely separate and dedicated 420 uploads folder where you copy your pictures to, navigate to upload, then delete the pictures and rinse and repeat for every bloody picture you wanna upload. I've learned patience over the years, even though it may not seem like it and I may not like it. But I pointed this stuff out like a month and a half ago or more and I've pointed it out several times and tried to explain the issue as detailed as possible and many people have agreed with me that yes there is an issue with PC image uploading and yes something akin to drag-and-drop would make the whole process so much simpler and easier for everyone (except maybe those who gotta program the stuff). I get that there are problems and kinks and issues and man power and all sorts of stuff with programing and porting a website and I get that it takes time and like I mentioned before it gave me time off to do another project so I didn't have an issue with the crappy PC image upload but how is simple and easy image uploading not atleast a kinda sorta high priority for an image heavy website. Yes I can upload pictures now but not if it's gunna give me carpal tunnel from all the double clicking through directories. That's what games are for.

It's frustrating because I know you guys are trying to be helpful but it's really not. I've already done what you suggested and bookmarked the last step to the upload media page, so from the 420 end it's simple, but from the user end it's still a matter of double clicking through every directory and every separate directory to find wherever you store your pictures or doing what @Amy Gardner suggested and make a completely separate and dedicated 420 uploads folder where you copy your pictures to, navigate to upload, then delete the pictures and rinse and repeat for every bloody picture you wanna upload. I've learned patience over the years, even though it may not seem like it and I may not like it. But I pointed this stuff out like a month and a half ago or more and I've pointed it out several times and tried to explain the issue as detailed as possible and many people have agreed with me that yes there is an issue with PC image uploading and yes something akin to drag-and-drop would make the whole process so much simpler and easier for everyone (except maybe those who gotta program the stuff). I get that there are problems and kinks and issues and man power and all sorts of stuff with programing and porting a website and I get that it takes time and like I mentioned before it gave me time off to do another project so I didn't have an issue with the crappy PC image upload but how is simple and easy image uploading not atleast a kinda sorta high priority for an image heavy website. Yes I can upload pictures now but not if it's gunna give me carpal tunnel from all the double clicking through directories. That's what games are for.

Even with drag and drop, you will still be navigating to each folder on your computer. I don't see a way around this. The interface for the website will be close to the same no matter the way you are doing it now, or with drag and drop.

I'm not sure an https (secure) site could have a live drag and drop API as you are asking for. It would be nice, but the security possibly has some requirements that make things iffy. Only the admins would know this, and I'm sure they are frying bigger fish at the moment.

I see you have a problem with the image upload bring up a window that wants to know where your pictures are located. It is in that process where you problems arise. Your folder tree is overly complicated, and you want to eliminate that.

I think I understand.

I provided absolutely no help. But I think I narrowed it down, where the guys grinding the gears will understand your desires.

Even with drag and drop, you will still be navigating to each folder on your computer. I don't see a way around this. The interface for the website will be the same no matter the way you are doing it now, or with drag and drop.

If you use multiple albums on the website, you are effectively putting all the pictures in one album that are being shown as multiple "albums" by an invisible tagging system. It's more of an indexing type system than a true "album".

I'm not positive about this, but I do suspect that is the way the system works.

I do not think there will ever be a way to drag an image, drop on an "album" and have things work the way you want them too. Those "albums" do not really exist. The drag and drop system would be with you inside an "album". That wouldn't help at all.

I think I see your problem, and the terminology is very important. Folders are on your computer, but albums are on the website.

I guess I need to ask, where does the problem lie? Does it lie on the computer or on the website with the albums?

Yeah you've totally missed the problem completely again.

Drag and drop will not have the same issues because it didn't have the same issues when we used drag and drop for god knows how long on the previous 420 website. The reason being because I can use an external (non-Windows) image viewing software like ACDSee that allows me to use that software to not only view my images but also navigate my images (and it's much much simpler with that software than double clicking through every bloody directory using Windows file navigation). We wouldn't have the problem of using the website interface if we could use the interface of a different bloody program (like ACDSee) to navigate and view our images and then drag and drop our images from THAT program onto the 420 website to upload.

And again you do not see my problem because you are clearly misunderstanding in a colossal way. Yes terminology is important but what the crap are you talking about with albums? I didn't mention albums at all and those are not my problem at all. I'm talking about trying to upload images from multiple and sorted directories (not albums) on my own personal computer / external hard drive and uploading those pictures to my standard "Member Galleries" (again, not albums).

Be sure if you create a personal album you check the viewable by everyone box or else no one but you will be able to see the photos. By default it’s set so only the album creator can view the images.
@marc can we change this to default view-able to everyone, like it's been for 25 years? :thanks:

Yeah you've totally missed the problem completely again.

Drag and drop will not have the same issues because it didn't have the same issues when we used drag and drop for god knows how long on the previous 420 website. The reason being because I can use an external (non-Windows) image viewing software like ACDSee that allows me to use that software to not only view my images but also navigate my images (and it's much much simpler with that software than double clicking through every bloody directory using Windows file navigation). We wouldn't have the problem of using the website interface if we could use the interface of a different bloody program (like ACDSee) to navigate and view our images and then drag and drop our images from THAT program onto the 420 website to upload.

And again you do not see my problem because you are clearly misunderstanding in a colossal way. Yes terminology is important but what the crap are you talking about with albums? I didn't mention albums at all and those are not my problem at all. I'm talking about trying to upload images from multiple and sorted directories (not albums) on my own personal computer / external hard drive and uploading those pictures to my standard "Member Galleries" (again, not albums).
I'm sorry, I edited that post about 6 times. I know you didn't see the updates, but I was reworking it never the less.

Even with drag and drop, you will still be navigating to each folder on your computer. I don't see a way around this. The interface for the website will be close to the same no matter the way you are doing it now, or with drag and drop.

I'm not sure an https (secure) site could have a live drag and drop API as you are asking for. It would be nice, but the security possibly has some requirements that make things iffy. Only the admins would know this, and I'm sure they are frying bigger fish at the moment.

I see you have a problem with the image upload bring up a window that wants to know where your pictures are located. It is in that process where you problems arise. Your folder tree is overly complicated, and you want to eliminate that.

I think I understand.

I provided absolutely no help. But I think I narrowed it down, where the guys grinding the gears will understand your desires.

AURGH no you don't understand! At all! Not sure a secure site could have drag and drop? We had it on the previous bloody website!! I and so many other people freakin' used the damn thing for months/years before the website issues/upgrade. It's possible because 420 already used that exact bloody thing on the previous bloody website! How could it be impossible to have something we previously had for months/years?

And again you don't bloody understand at all and you didn't narrow down shit. My folder tree is not overly complicated. My folder tree is organized. Sure it has multiple folders like plant set 1, 2, 3, etc, and within each are subfolders for veg, flower, and harvest, but that's organized not 'overly complicated' and no I do not want to eliminate that. You may be happy with a single folder called "Weed pics" where every single picture from every day/month/year from every different plant and stage of growth are all placed in the same location for storage but I am not happy with that. I like to organize my pictures on an external hard drive. I like to view and navigate and name and do whatever with those pictures using an external (non-Windows) image viewing software (in my case I use ACDSee) and I would like to use said external image viewing software to continue viewing and navigating and naming my images and use that software to drag-and-frikkin'-drop onto the 420 website to upload pictures in a very simple and easy to use way like we used to be able to do all the frikkin' time.

Guys, please either discuss this civilly or back off, do some bong rips and go to another thread.

It's stressful enough as it is dealing with all this crap, we don't need fighting on top of it. :thanks:

I haven't read all of the discussions and bickering yet, but if you are referring to the way things were with the mobile app specifically, that's not going to happen for a while, so accept it and let's work with what we have for now and get through this as a loving community, or don't participate. :thanks:

Meanwhile, you can read this again, to refresh your memory on why we were forced to do this as fast as we did.
Information For All 420 Users

I have to admit I did what you call ‘face palmed’ a few times while catching up! @Nightmask - sorry you had to explain your question again. Not that I could’ve changed that, just sorry for you that it happened that way.

I don’t know how else to address this. I think it’s just a matter of the site admins finding out if such a feature is possible in the new software. I agree drag n drop was simple before, and there were a few early queries about it which is why it went in the first request list. It can be frustrating when te details of those get forgotten in the fray and we have to repeat ourselves - but that’s how it is.

The whole album setup in the new platform here may not be compatible with drag n drop feature, as Bonsaiweed suggested.
Anything we might think about how it might or might not work is speculation though.

It’s not a matter of helping Nightmask with his ‘problem’ - I don’t see that he has a problem so much as a fairly specific question. I think the question is really, @420 & @Marc Ocean , can you investigate whether a feature like the old drag n drop option for uploading from a desktop might be possible on the current platform, please?

:Namaste:

I haven't read all of the discussions and bickering yet, but if you are referring to the way things were with the mobile app specifically, that's not going to happen for a while, so accept it and let's work with what we have for now and get through this as a loving community, or don't participate. :thanks:

Meanwhile, you can read this again, to refresh your memory on why we were forced to do this as fast as we did.
Information For All 420 Users

Its fully related to Drag and Drop of Images to be Uploaded on the PC

Same as most sites and web sites use, and the old Site did as well for Uploading Images, not the APP or Phone but PC

Hope this Helps clear it up a bit @420 and @Marc Ocean

I have to admit I did what you call ‘face palmed’ a few times while catching up! @Nightmask - sorry you had to explain your question again. Not that I could’ve changed that, just sorry for you that it happened that way.

I don’t know how else to address this. I think it’s just a matter of the site admins finding out if such a feature is possible in the new software. I agree drag n drop was simple before, and there were a few early queries about it which is why it went in the first request list. It can be frustrating when te details of those get forgotten in the fray and we have to repeat ourselves - but that’s how it is.

The whole album setup in the new platform here may not be compatible with drag n drop feature, as Bonsaiweed suggested.
Anything we might think about how it might or might not work is speculation though.

It’s not a matter of helping Nightmask with his ‘problem’ - I don’t see that he has a problem so much as a fairly specific question. I think the question is really, @420 & @Marc Ocean , can you investigate whether a feature like the old drag n drop option for uploading from a desktop might be possible on the current platform, please?

:Namaste:
Yes what she said

:welldone::bravo:

1. The post was not moved Nightmask because it was missed, we are human and this happens when dealing with a thousand communications a day between staff, members, sponsors, developers, etc. Especially with so much complaining and bickering and chatting in between, it's not easy moving a hundred posts from 300 post thread.

2. @Marc Ocean can you please get with me privately in regards to this drag and drop situation.

3. The orientation issue is still unresolved, we're working closely with the developer to figure it out. So far we've tried 3 different rewrites to the script and are working hard to resolve it quickly for you. GPS stripping will remain in place, it's all good there.

4. Ian & Marc are finalizing the new gallery tutorial, which should make things 420% easier to understand.

5. I am looking for a new place to live and run 420 Magazine from, the lease is up April 30 and they are selling the house. So I'll not be as reachable until relocated. Meanwhile, Marc and the rest of our team will help you. I will only be available to staff until this is over.

:thanks:

The orientation issue is still unresolved, we're working closely with the developer to figure it out
Thanks Rob :thanks:

A question/suggestion regarding that. Is it possible to introduce the capacity for members to rotate at the naming and tagging stage of upload?
So at the step where the images have loaded and you can put in names, descriptions and tags, we would be able to rotate the orientation there. Please ask the tech team if this is possible
:cheer::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom