Gallery Upload Issues

@Amy Gardner

We may suggest a WYSIWYG format in the posting of pics, like the old system
The preview and postings wdws can be cumbersome
It would be much easier to post a pic, dictate about said pic, so on and so on

I saw @SweetSue had a big struggle with a large post, as I have had myself. She uses an iPad or similar

May add this to the tado list

P.s.
Maybe drag and drop images in download as well

@Chris Scorpio have you tried dragging your images to the upload window? I’m at the office so only have access to crazy linux systems at the moment so can’t test but I recently read that drag and drop “should” be supported.
Nope just tried on my PC no bueno

Nope just tried on my PC no bueno
Lame, I went back and looked, it was refering to something else. No drag and drop media gallery uploading.

Although if you’re on Mac you can drag and drop to the Chrome file browser window, after you press “upload file”. I tried it on Windows and it just moves the files around on the computer instead of selecting them for upload.

But when I hit that camera button my screen goes grey. When I tap the grey screen my album pops up and disappears just as quick...

Pic attached....
full
After that disappears I'm back to my keyboard and no pics apart from copy/ paste which is niggly but hey ho ...... cheers for all your help again....:thanks:

Do you know if you have popup blocker enabled?

this Link will tell you how to toggle PopUp Bloacker

@Amy Gardner

We may suggest a WYSIWYG format in the posting of pics, like the old system
The preview and postings wdws can be cumbersome
It would be much easier to post a pic, dictate about said pic, so on and so on

I saw @SweetSue had a big struggle with a large post, as I have had myself. She uses an iPad or similar

May add this to the tado list

P.s.
Maybe drag and drop images in download as well

Hi Chris - yes and yes! Both WYSIWYG and drag n drop were on the original list of requests. I thought I wouldn’t bother Rob with the rest of those while he was frying other fish, so to speak. But yeah - I saw Sues post too. I’ve kind of asked her to keep track of the details so she can describe it well and we can get good descriptive info to Rob for checking it out. I suspect some of it is to do with the limitations of browser based interface. Anyhoo - none of that is specifically gallery related so I’ll continue that in the other thread ;)

:Namaste:

Lame, I went back and looked, it was refering to something else. No drag and drop media gallery uploading.

Although if you’re on Mac you can drag and drop to the Chrome file browser window, after you press “upload file”. I tried it on Windows and it just moves the files around on the computer instead of selecting them for upload.
Doob, you are on fire today. I’m going to try that. I wonder if @Nightmask is on Mac - this has been a frustration there. It’s a good tip for Mac desktop users.

:thumb:

What happens if you minimize the keyboard at that point?
...yeah I tried that on mine and lost the cursor insert point.

@Smeegol - so did Doobs fix fix the issue for you then?

:Namaste:

...yeah I tried that on mine and lost the cursor insert point.

But did the picture selection window come back up? I'm sure the forum software keeps an index of where the cursor was. I would think so. But I'm out of touch with web design.

I’ll test that - ok. In case someone else has the issue. I use a keyboard case with my iPad so usually this doesn’t come up. But I did that testing without it when I was trying to help Smeegol...

:Namaste:[/QUO

Morning Amy, my problem is 100% fixed, once again thank you very much to yourself and Dr.Doob. Both of you are legends in my book. Big Reps to both of you. Sterling job helping all of us out...:goodjob::green_heart::goodjob:

We sorted out the 16 step upload process yesterday, now down to just a few steps.

The new photo tutorial will be released as soon as we finish wrapping up the final details.

Back
Top Bottom