Ganja_smoker's Hydroponic Grow Journal

I've been setting up my budding room this weekend. I bought a 400 watt HPS light with a coolable hood. It puts off a lot of heat, so I am going to use a duct fan to suck out some of the hot air.

here's a photo of the room with the new light and the grow tray full of hydroton, ready for some plants to start budding..........

DSC000121.jpg

nice grow dude... i like the t5 for veg... i hope u can deal with all the heat off the hps, normally, males show first, then the females just pop up outta nowhere, but it mostly depends on the genes and whatnot. goos luck with those.

OK, so....I decided to move one of my plants over into the flower room. I pulled it out of the pot and the roots were awesome. looked like a bowl of spaghetti....

4-9-07.jpg

I hope I didnt do something stupid though. After I shook out all the clay pebbles, I cut off the bottom of the roots where it gets really dense. I just couldn't fit it all into the tray with that big clump of roots. Please, someone tell me that's ok....or not - and if not I wont do it again.

i dno about roots, but it looks nice, and if it contiunes to grow, ur fine,,, just dont cut any major roots is what ive heard.

OK, so....I decided to move one of my plants over into the flower room. I pulled it out of the pot and the roots were awesome. looked like a bowl of spaghetti....

4-9-07.jpg

I hope I didnt do something stupid though. After I shook out all the clay pebbles, I cut off the bottom of the roots where it gets really dense. I just couldn't fit it all into the tray with that big clump of roots. Please, someone tell me that's ok....or not - and if not I wont do it again.
It's called root pruning...and you will be majorly surprised at how much you slowed her down. I wouldn't recommend that except for extreme conditions. You did what you had to do, so just keep on going. She will turn around and start getting her growth on in a couple weeks. I'd try and keep it in veg until the shock of the cutting is over at least.

OK, no more root pruning.

I moved another plant over yesterday and was able to fit it in there with all the roots. I dont think I will have to worry about this any more since I will only be budding clones after these plants are harvested.

By the time these are ready to harvest I should have some clones ready to go.

I'm just hoping that of the two that I'm keeping in veg, at least one of them is female. I'm pretty sure about one of them from what I've seen about "pre-flowers". The other one is not showing me any signs of sex. I'll have to take a clone from that one and bud it to find out.

Here's a new photo of my vegetative side.......

Untitled-13.jpg

1ww and 3ww
They're about 25" tall. Now that I've moved two of the plants out of here into the bud room, these two have had a lot more room to stretch out.

I elimated a plant from my veg room and I am left with one big fat beautiful female white widow plant. This will be my "Mother" plant.

3ww.jpg

She is gorgeous.

Here's the bud room, 2ww and 5ww. Day 14 of flowering.

2ww5ww.jpg

Everything seems to be looking good. I was concerned about the heat from the HPS, but so far I've been able to keep the temperature below 80° I installed a 4" duct fan to suck the hot air out of the hood.

growroom4-24-07.jpg

Well, my plan was to post photos every few days of the buds growing, but it turns out my camera sucks.

day21.jpg

The two plants I'm budding have doubled in size since I started flowering.

I took a couple of clones on Monday from my Mother plant.....first time, so I only took 2 and will see how they do.

I added a couple of CFLs (1 3000k & 1 6500k) to the veg room for the clones.

clones_5-8-07.jpg

I bought a new camera and it should be delivered tomorrow, so I should be able to post some decent photos.

Back
Top Bottom