MClouse

I have no problem germinating the seeds it seems once I place them in the soil I either wind up over watering or under watering. Is there a solution to my watering problem?

Hey there Mclouse
I am sure you will pro help from others here, being novice to growing I have had good results by only dripping water only on the seed area just to get it going keeping it moist not flooded. Good luck buddy wishing the best.

Peace, Light and Love

Just pre-moisten the medium till its moist but still fluffy- never wet. Plant the sprouts in there. You won't have to water for a long time after that. I usually don't water for the first couple weeks. After that I just touch up by dribbling a little around the outside edges- till they're big enough to cope with more water. Overwatering is the most common way to kill and stunt seedlings.

Just pre-moisten the medium till its moist but still fluffy- never wet. Plant the sprouts in there. You won't have to water for a long time after that. I usually don't water for the first couple weeks. After that I just touch up by dribbling a little around the outside edges- till they're big enough to cope with more water. Overwatering is the most common way to kill and stunt seedlings.
I think I over watered mine in the beginning but not so much anymore, this is helping thanks

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yep, what he sayed,, pre moisten is the key. Use a stick and mix up the top couple inches with some water, perhaps from a spray bottle, till the soil is moist only, never wet, iffin wet, mix in more dry stuff to get to moist only. Then plant the sprouted seed three quarters of an inch deep, and no more watering is required for a while, perhaps an occasional misting on the top.

In four or six days the plant will emerge, and love you

The way I do it is I always start in small pots (even auto's), water the medium until you see a little runoff (always have good large drain holes), place the seed in the middle with the taproot always facing down (this is important), cover her up with the medium, and drizzle a little water at the end to make sure she settles in (a few drops). Any excess water will drain in your tray, make sure you dump that out for it not to be re-absorbed. After that I don't really need to water for a week or two (use the lift method and see how dry the pot is), when it is dry you water normally with runoff. This depends on the type of medium you use, normally don't have to water until they have the first true leaves since they don't drink unless they have a well established root system. Again this is my way, this may vary on your medium and the temps and overall grow conditions.

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom