Getting back to growing

2 Wheels

420 Member
Hey everybody. I am new here but not entirely new to growing. I spent several months reading all I could online about getting started growing. and while doing that I began building a grow cabinet and a homemade light hood Using CFL’s.
in brought 4 girls to full harvest averaging 3 oz from one plant. I used the scrog method.
Then I moved a few years ago and haven’t been gardening at my new place for a few reasons. But now I am getting back to my gardening and building a grow area along with my cabinet that I am redoing things on the inside and I am upgrading to full spectrum LED panels.

An update on my build. I got all my supplies now. Just gotta make the sliding doors. And add the circulation fans.

Attachments

• CB755367-51D9-4B72-A3AE-C66002A7DC37.jpeg
    CB755367-51D9-4B72-A3AE-C66002A7DC37.jpeg
    729.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 692447EB-A002-4FC3-9423-198356B3A804.jpeg
    692447EB-A002-4FC3-9423-198356B3A804.jpeg
    675.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 8CFCC5C8-6457-4DE0-8409-AE339D8DED8A.jpeg
    8CFCC5C8-6457-4DE0-8409-AE339D8DED8A.jpeg
    768.4 KB · Views: 42
An update on my build. I got all my supplies now. Just gotta make the sliding doors. And add the circulation fans.
Nice! So aside from circulation fans inside, what do you have for exhausting the heat?

That first picture....I had to look twice, thought there was a door on it already lol.

Awesome build brother!

Nice! So aside from circulation fans inside, what do you have for exhausting the heat?

That first picture....I had to look twice, thought there was a door on it already lol.

Awesome build brother!
Thank you! It’s been a bit of work. I’m gonna be running LED’s so there won’t be much heat to exhaust. But I plan on putting a hood over the top with the exhaust fan going into a carbon scrubber.

Thank you! It’s been a bit of work. I’m gonna be running LED’s so there won’t be much heat to exhaust. But I plan on putting a hood over the top with the exhaust fan going into a carbon scrubber.
LED’s are great but you’ll be surprised how much heat they kick out unless you can install the driver outside of the room.

LED’s are great but you’ll be surprised how much heat they kick out unless you can install the driver outside of the room.
Yup, that's a lesson I learned the hard way.
Oddly enough in my insulated cabinet I've had an easier time keeping the heat down using a hooded HPS, which pulls air from my filter inside the cabinet through the light to outside. I hooked up an external fan to save space.

@2 Wheels hope it works, but your going to need the fan for sure. What kind of fan are you using to pull the air throughthe scrubber? Will you be venting to lung room or outside?.

*disclaimer: I was also using a cheap LED that came from Amazon.

I’m gonna run 2 lights that have fans. But I plan on getting some sort of hvac vent ducting and put it in the big space I put in the ceiling above where the lights are gonna hang. I’ve got a good 4 inch wide opening in the ceiling going all the way across so it’s 4 x 48 inch gap to vent out any old or hot air. I’m also planning on putting in 2 140mm variable speed fans in the back wall to pump fresh air in. Along with 2 oscillating fans on poles circulating air.

I’m gonna run 2 lights that have fans. But I plan on getting some sort of hvac vent ducting and put it in the big space I put in the ceiling above where the lights are gonna hang. I’ve got a good 4 inch wide opening in the ceiling going all the way across so it’s 4 x 48 inch gap to vent out any old or hot air. I’m also planning on putting in 2 140mm variable speed fans in the back wall to pump fresh air in. Along with 2 oscillating fans on poles circulating air.
Damn, nice.

Can't wait, that sounds awesome!

I'd put them near the floor, like the passive intake of a tent, it draws cooler air to help with the heat :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom