New To The Group

2305 guy

Hello all,
I will be retiring form active duty within the next year and am preparing for supplying my own medication. I have been following for quite a few months and have gained quite a bit of valuable information. One thing I have noticed is that almost everyone if not everyone is utilizing a grow tent vs a grow cabinet. I came across a great deal on a 24 X 48 X 78 all metal grow cabinet that is complete with LED lights, carbon filters, fans, various monitors, and is a lockable metal cabinet. I am not mentioning the name (not a sponsor) but I am sure folks are familiar with like type products. I plan on growing autoflowers in a coco coir medium for my first few grows (after retirement). My reasoning for the cabinet purchase vs the tent was stealth and smell control. Other than cost associated with ready made kits, is there a reason why the majority of people don't utilize grow cabinets over grow tents? Thanks in advance for any input. Happy growing!

Welcome to 420 Magazine! Thank you for your service!
Remember that not all LED grow lights are created equal... Either are carbon filters or exhaust fans. I wish you luck with your future grows! Plenty of experienced peeps here at 420mag to help you along.

:hookah:

Hello all,
I will be retiring form active duty within the next year and am preparing for supplying my own medication. I have been following for quite a few months and have gained quite a bit of valuable information. One thing I have noticed is that almost everyone if not everyone is utilizing a grow tent vs a grow cabinet. I came across a great deal on a 24 X 48 X 78 all metal grow cabinet that is complete with LED lights, carbon filters, fans, various monitors, and is a lockable metal cabinet. I am not mentioning the name (not a sponsor) but I am sure folks are familiar with like type products. I plan on growing autoflowers in a coco coir medium for my first few grows (after retirement). My reasoning for the cabinet purchase vs the tent was stealth and smell control. Other than cost associated with ready made kits, is there a reason why the majority of people don't utilize grow cabinets over grow tents? Thanks in advance for any input. Happy growing!

Good morning my friend @2305 guy thank you for your service.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
Tents vs cabinets cost and just a preference for some people.
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill

They will both work for sure, especially if ur planning on running autos and a light leak or whatever won’t hurt, I actually haven’t seen many cabinets but sounds cool, tents r light weight and can break them down and store easily if needed, cabinets might b expensive to ship

Welcome 2305 Guy,

Thank you for your service and glad that you are nearing retirement. I have just retired and so much free time is a blessing, many of my friends say they are often bored but I never am.

I only grow outside to keep the utility bill lower and ready to transplant hopefully in 2 weeks or maybe three depending on the temperature. When they start flowering outside in July they smell so strong and from such a distance I wonder how you all get away with growing them indoors even with air filters.

First and foremost. Thankyou so much for your service!!
And Welcome to 420!!!

I like cabs personally! They do not breath like tents under positive and negative vacuums switches. I hate when my leaves get messed up from being bashed up on the tent walls.

Tents come in a variety of brands. @Mars Hydro has some of the best available on the market at a % of the cost. Vs competing brands. Lights are absolutely amazing as well.

Cabs I think come with trinkets And what not. And that can run costly. Tents can be easily moved. Broken down and re set. And I mean. Nobodies been hurt bashing into the side of a tent. Vs a metal cabs corner. Or your toe. Heat and air fluctuations could be a concern. But with proper ventilation. Should be minimal if existent.

At the end of the day. It’s what fits your wallet and growing space. For just personal use. A 2x4 will load your drawers. I promise you won’t smoke it all.

Welcome to 420 Magazine! Thank you for your service!
Remember that not all LED grow lights are created equal... Either are carbon filters or exhaust fans. I wish you luck with your future grows! Plenty of experienced peeps here at 420mag to help you along.

:hookah:
Thanks for the welcome Vegan4life, and my pleasure to serve. The LED that came with this package is one of the bigger names with what appears to be a great spectrum, of course this is based on my very limited knowledge which is why I joined this informative group! Take care.

They will both work for sure, especially if ur planning on running autos and a light leak or whatever won’t hurt, I actually haven’t seen many cabinets but sounds cool, tents r light weight and can break them down and store easily if needed, cabinets might b expensive to ship
Thanks for the reply Stormblessed, I wanted to try to keep things fairly simple. The cabinet shouldn't raise too many suspicions if wondering eyes see it from a distance (another room) in the house. Take care.

Welcome 2305 guy, @cr8grow has a nice box journal going. Congratulations on retirement and thanks for your service. You're going to have the best meds around!
StoneOtter, thank you! I am going to check out that link once I get through with this reply. It was my pleasure to serve this nation, I am stoked to be moving to a state that has medicinal laws in place!

Welcome 2305 Guy,

Thank you for your service and glad that you are nearing retirement. I have just retired and so much free time is a blessing, many of my friends say they are often bored but I never am.

I only grow outside to keep the utility bill lower and ready to transplant hopefully in 2 weeks or maybe three depending on the temperature. When they start flowering outside in July they smell so strong and from such a distance I wonder how you all get away with growing them indoors even with air filters.
Good Morning Rolling Green, thank you for your service as well my friend. I don't know what I'm going to do when I retire, but I know I can't sit still very long without going stir crazy! We will be moving into a 55 and over community very close to the water, so it looks like I will be putting the boat to a lot more use.

My wife doesn't partake in the natural heeling, but for me, I want to shit can all of my PTSD meds. I just don't want random neighbors that come in the house to see a tent in our spare room and ask what it is doing in there, that's why I opted for a stealth cabinet. Hopefully I can control the smell through the carbon filters and add more if needed. Take care.

First and foremost. Thankyou so much for your service!!
And Welcome to 420!!!

I like cabs personally! They do not breath like tents under positive and negative vacuums switches. I hate when my leaves get messed up from being bashed up on the tent walls.

Tents come in a variety of brands. @Mars Hydro has some of the best available on the market at a % of the cost. Vs competing brands. Lights are absolutely amazing as well.

Cabs I think come with trinkets And what not. And that can run costly. Tents can be easily moved. Broken down and re set. And I mean. Nobodies been hurt bashing into the side of a tent. Vs a metal cabs corner. Or your toe. Heat and air fluctuations could be a concern. But with proper ventilation. Should be minimal if existent.

At the end of the day. It’s what fits your wallet and growing space. For just personal use. A 2x4 will load your drawers. I promise you won’t smoke it all.
CultivationArt, valid points on all. I am glad to hear you say that I will have problems smoking it all. That was one of my worries, being a smaller grow space. I originally wanted a 5x5 tent, but that does take some considerable real estate. I will have a garage, but I think temp will get too hot. I might be able to do a winter season grow to do a stock up if needed. Thank you for your reply!

Welcome to 420 Magazine @2305 guy

Thank you, for your service; I did 25 on Aircraft Carriers and retired in 06.
It sounds like you are getting jump start on everything. :welldone:
We have a few growers that enjoy growing in coco, incase you run into any issues, when your are ready to start.

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests

Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @2305 guy

Thank you, for your service; I did 25 on Aircraft Carriers and retired in 06.
It sounds like you are getting jump start on everything. :welldone:
We have a few growers that enjoy growing in coco, incase you run into any issues, when your are ready to start.

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests

Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Thankyou for your services sir!

Back
Top Bottom