GH Aeroflo growers unite

Lyndog

Just purchased a really nice Aeroflo 36 site unit....if you got something similar let me know...I already broke a spinlok fitting on the manifold but I plugged it ...not needing all the channels...well I capped it at the manifold..it didnt cause over pressure from the pump ...and I need to get another spinlok fitting but I have struck out at the local supply stores...I may have to go to hydro stores on line...ha (that works most of the time)..and last does anyone have this unit and tried running it with 4 of the 6 channels hooked up?....all help appreciated Lyndog:bong:

no pics yet but I'll take one today and forward it to you..I've been building my grow room(s)...from scratch and what fun after years to be able to do all the little trick things I've only seen and drulled over...ha pictures to follow..your friend lyndog

Sorry it took so long to get back ...wow, lots of pictures and lots of fun...took my Areoflo 36 and made two killer units CHEAP, Made a 24 unit for my flowering room and a 6 site unit for my vegatative and clone room......to cool....I'll download pictures on how to make this . thats the slow part ....Lyndog :cool: [/FONT]

check out my user gallery @ Lyndog for more picts.....peace...The new system I made is going killer....it's 7 day root growth is some of the best I've ever had...at least 2" to 8" perfect white flowing in the trough....yessssssssssssss....now on 400 watt full spectrum and will be moving the girls in 2 to 3 weeks to the bloom room under 1000 watts of cool light flow thru fixture....more picts to follow...Grow Green Lyndog !

Hi all!! Just bought a Aero Flow 14 and i'll have to start building my closet for that from scratch. It might take a while...the plan is to put 1000w of light (8x125w Esl) with red and purple spectrum and i got a nice ventilation package too with a carbon filter. I will post some pics when the magic strats to happen...later!

sakke said:
Hi all!! Just bought a Aero Flow 14 and i'll have to start building my closet for that from scratch. It might take a while...the plan is to put 1000w of light (8x125w Esl) with red and purple spectrum and i got a nice ventilation package too with a carbon filter. I will post some pics when the magic strats to happen...later!
See this is what I don't understand. 1000watts of floros will give you about 2/3 of the lumens a 1000watt HID will. Plus the floros will penetrate the foiliage about half as much as a HID will. Since your electricity is charges by the "kilowatt hour" it makes sense to use your 1000watts efficiently. Since your paying for 1000watts no matter which way you go, why not use the best light, rather than ones that work half as well?
Just my opinion.

Racefan said:
See this is what I don't understand. 1000watts of floros will give you about 2/3 of the lumens a 1000watt HID will. Plus the floros will penetrate the foiliage about half as much as a HID will. Since your electricity is charges by the "kilowatt hour" it makes sense to use your 1000watts efficiently. Since your paying for 1000watts no matter which way you go, why not use the best light, rather than ones that work half as well?
Just my opinion.

Floros are longlasting and dont produce heat as much so my heat problem is solved before it has even started. And if using one 1000w bulb for 14 plants the light and heat source will come from only one spot and dont spread widely for all the plants to use efficently. Best option would probaply be to use 4X250w HID or 2x400w HID and i already got one 200w floro and one 125w floro but i think i will put them to veg room. I havent bought any bulbs or reflectors yet so please give me some hints and former experiences for whats best to them.
Hopefully you guys understand what im trying to say couse english is not my mother language.

And becouse of the low heat produce CFL.s can be placed just 3-4cm over the tops, running costs are lower and 100% PAR in right spectrum.
Im using Envirolite grow lamps.

peace
-sakke-

try a light mover on a tract.....this will get those areas that normally are blocked by other leaves and branches with all kinds of light and no hot spots...the other advantage is you can increace your lights footprint by about 2 sq. ft........much more efficient....lol run t-5 floros on your veg....watch and smile....Lyndog

Back
Top Bottom