DIY Vertical Tube Challenges The Aeroflo 96 - The Goal Is In The Yeild

its best to be safe mate and dont take the risk getting caught with something strapped to your leg, some places will stand and watch you pee in a pot, im not joking either, been their and done it mate, if you drink plenty of anything you should be ok, but drinking lots and lots of water is the best option for cleaning it all out, just depends how long you got to go before the test, ill try and get caught up with this journal, but it can be done with just water as long as its drank in vast amounts and time given before the test, the more diluted the urine the less likely you are to get caught, but you need a while to clear it out the system to be totally safe, if you really want the job then id do it properly mate as long as you got the time,

Being noobish I have heard alot about BPN here but can not seem to find a hydro store that carries it, is it mail order only?
Btw you're a genius Mister Smith.....:thumb:

:peace:

Being noobish I have heard alot about BPN here but can not seem to find a hydro store that carries it, is it mail order only?

Yes its mail order only. Corey (the owner) is a cool dude. Give him a ring if you are interested or would like to find out more about BPN.

Blue Planet Nutrients The website

@Blue Planet Nutrients
user-offline.png
The owner
420 Sponsor & Member of the Month December 2011

I do most of the work from outside the vert. ... ... ...
I decided to finish that bud off tonight and start again fresh tomorrow. Wish me luck.

MrSmith, firstly I want to compliment you on your DIY equipment. I have thought about a Vertical grow for many years but have been stuck in my regime that is the result of several years in the refinement. You did/do a very nice job, and I like you, enjoy making things myself not just for the savings but for the enjoyment of creativity.
I too had to laugh at the "slip" you encountered. Don't be too hard on yourself, after all, you're only human. We ALL make mistakes, things we get regretful about, after the fact. I always say, "Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow"! No really, you sound like a very energetic and focused person, traits that will get anyone like this ahead over the lazy sloths (like your partner) that sit on their A$$. I favor telling your "partner" to fuck off; I dropped "partners" several years ago. No one can compare to oneself', PERIOD. Unreliable; undependable; needy; whiny and most of all, self-obsessed, they always think that they are worth way more than they are. If they WERE worth a shit, they'd be doing it on their own, and besides, you'll always find out (the hard way) that you could have gotten by without them, in the end...
I have an Aero36 and stopped using it after I finalized my perpetual machine that requires no mothers. I plan to go back with some mothers because I recently received some seeds that have been refined from Old School Genetics dating back some 35+ years (1974), and I simply cannot pass up this opportunity. I favor Water Farms as they give the best of both worlds in both air to the roots and constant recirculation of the nutrients. I have never seen more explosive roots from any other system.
I also thank you for the enlightenment regarding GLR because I have been pondering this for over a year (when I first heard about it) and now am going to initiate this as soon as my present Veg. ladies go into he flower room. It's too late to start them into this routine as they are going to go to flowering room later this week, like 3-4 days from today.
Again, I want to thank you for all the time and work as well as the pictures. Lots to ponder. I would also recommend "Corleon Kush" (Hybrid 50/50) for either grow. It stays quite small and can be trained to be very bushy and still stay small if needed. I have one flowering right now (37 days) and she is only 14" tall and (trained) a bit bushy and around 14" in diameter but has a main Cola that is about 9" tall X 3" dia. with secondary Colas (6) that are around 6" tall X 2" dia. I'll bet even money that I get 3 oz's. from her at harvest (s/b around 60 days) or even more. Man, the main Cola is an oz. by itself! Oh, she also has those beautiful leaves that are a nice green on their top side and purple on the bottom. Not too stinky, but the aroma is seductive as hell.
Best to you and yours and I pray you pee clean, don't worry, you will. About 6-7 months ago, my wife got called in for an interview to work for Safeway and hadn't expected it so she went in (next day) and ultimately got offered the job on the spot. They sent her that same day for a drug test and she passed! Now I'm pretty sure that they are only looking for hard core drugs but one really doesn't know for sure. She had smoked the night before (smokes daily, every day) and was freaking out but she had to take the test. Either God is working in our lives or else she has a boatload of good Karma on her.

Or a little of both paul!

I am happy with BPN's quality. Corey is cool to boot. I won his nutes a few times in the contests and have purchased from him before. We don't really talk much. He told me I was a expert and he concentrates mostly on beginners and people with less experience. I'm good but I aint no expert. Even I have learned a number of things from his posts in other peoples journals. He's a wealth of knowledge which comes very handy plus he's a damn likable guy.

Spaceghost,
Thanks for the link. I really do like to look at other peoples vertical grow setups. They are few and far between but most are impressive to behold. i would like to see that machine in action from start to finish in journal form. Looks to be a medium based drip ntf setup from what I can see in the pic. Looks pricy to build or purchase.

sfttailpaul
Thank you. The waterfarms are cool. Basic dwc/drip systems that are standalone or expandable with a seperate water height controller that can be purchased at a later date. They sell the internal guts seperately so its great for diy builds. The concept and design is simple using bubbles from a airstone bringing water up a tube to be dispersed from the drip ring as the primary feed and dwc after the roots grow through the bottom for a powerful growth cycle once the plants get bigger. The buckets are square and sturdy and can be easily modified into a rdwc unit. The medium is large enough to support the plant without falling over. I guess you can say I like waterfarm systems. A unit with alot more pros than cons. Send me a link to your next grow bro.
As for the no smoking thing. I'll try again tomorrow lol. I am only human.

GLR is new to me. I am only testing the method of madness. I have no opinian on it till I have tested it for 5 to 6 months. Other members boast about. I am just learning and testing the method. This journal conentrates mostly on the 2 machines for flower but I don't mind adding a lil info about the veg background that supports the 2 systems.
this is a link to a very short journal that supports this journal.
Starting Over - Learning From Mistakes Or Making Them - Ramblings Of A Stoner
This is a link from when I first tried to combined to 2 aeroflosystems. I was still a lil new with using the machines.
AeroFlo 96
Alot of my journals link together or support one another but they can be hard to find. One day after I scale down in size I will provide links in a signature. I do not wish to do that right now.

You wana pass a drug test here's wat ya do and it's worked many times for me.

Get ya a 3oz bottle from the 1$ store. fill with clean urine, doesn't mater male/female I used a family members that I knew was clean (or there were in a hole lot of trouble and getting grounded) they're not checking if your pregnant. Pick yourself up one of those hand warmers/toe warmers and use a rubber band to strap the warmer to the bottles side. Now a key important step when placing bottle between ya nuts and thigh direct the warmer away from skin as it does get warm and uncomfortable touching your nut sack.

If your at a job that Drug tests. you should have a bottle of synthetic urine in your tool box/locker at all times. Most places, any kind of accident that requires going to the clinic is a automatic drug test. A lot of peeps forget this. I've been a supervisor and had some accidents that didn't get reported for this reason and I've sent many that have lost thier jobs because of a + result. If your liked and good employee you may get a chance at rehab with a + result but don't count on it.

just some words of wisdom.

Great advice! +REPS!

A96 day 57 flower
V85 day 16 flower

Final flush on the a96. Harvesting can start on wednesday and the main bulk finished by friday. Saturday is reserved (family). Sunday the machine should be cleaned.

002_a96_d57.JPG

V85 waterchange was done yesterday set at 1288/1325 ppm.

032_v85_d16f.JPG

GLR has no effect towards clippings rooting. 2/3rds rooted. PH was too high so adjusted to 5.7
Megagarden pump timer was set to on. Gonna ask my partner how long this was like this and why? Son of a bitch.

03586.JPG

wow! i cant believe i missed this just spent an hour or 2 getting up to date here! glr is great i use it thanks to ol' 12 twelve miss that guy, its been over a year i think, i had a bit of a slow start with some seedlings i went to 18/6 for a bit and am back on glr, i dont know what caused the slow growing, i blamed glr but im not sure,its good i know that, so business as usual, i sure hope this is not your last journal,!! i feel like i missed some since only finding it tonight, but im subbed n locked in now!!

wow! i cant believe i missed this just spent an hour or 2 getting up to date here! glr is great i use it thanks to ol' 12 twelve miss that guy, its been over a year i think, i had a bit of a slow start with some seedlings i went to 18/6 for a bit and am back on glr, i dont know what caused the slow growing, i blamed glr but im not sure,its good i know that, so business as usual, i sure hope this is not your last journal,!! i feel like i missed some since only finding it tonight, but im subbed n locked in now!!

Nah... just a few months... May...

BID
You haven't missed much. This is just the beginning. Its a perpetual multiroom grow op that goes through winter and thats when I hope to increase light power. This is the end of the summer setup. Hope to add about 600w to each room. It would be a 200w difference between the aeroflos and the diy. Which can do more? Should be fun to find out. One grow each is not a good enough comparison anyways.
When this journal ends, I am done doing or recording large grows. Next journal is probally going to be a led small personal type in a stealth and padlocked fridge or icebox. Should be cool but small. This journal kinda freaks me out but it might become important to somebody in the future if they want to see the work and timing to pull 2 plus pnd every 30 to 45 days and I am hoping my diy kicks the aeros' ass in production. It aint perfect but its cool looking lol and with the upgrades or more refinedment the possibilities are upthere.

These are more pics of A96 at 57 flower. Tallest plants are over 3 feet. Alot of the laterals fell but the mains are up or tied up.
003_a96_d57.JPG

The ones up front are the hdf.
004_a96_d57.JPG

Left view, 5 foot by 10 foot row of bud.
005_a96_d57.JPG

Right view.
006_a96_d57.JPG

Front left looking right.
007_a96_d57.JPG

After front looking right.
008_a96_d57.JPG

A lil further down the line.
009_a96_d57.JPG

010_a96_d57.JPG

The back.
011_a96_d57.JPG

Random
013_a96_d57.JPG

014_a96_d57.JPG

015_a96_d57.JPG

016_a96_d57.JPG

Northernlights x bigbud
018_a96_d57.JPG

017_a96_d57.JPG

purplewreck
019_a96_d57.JPG

020_a96_d57.JPG

random
021_a96_d57.JPG

022_a96_d57.JPG

023_a96_d57.JPG

024_a96_d57.JPG

Not the grow I wanted but still in the ok group. The main problem was the timing with the pruning and there was no second pruning.

Back
Top Bottom