Starting Over - Learning From Mistakes Or Making Them - Ramblings Of A Stoner

Hi.
I'm Mr Smith. Got a question for ya. Ever started a grow project that ever became a never ending search for improving it? Thats me. I try and try again to make it better, easier, and more productive. Tried some bizare shit over the years and did alot of fuckups that seems to come from being a stoner in the grow room. I have had alot of success and a few total failures.

Earlier this year I had a bunch of clones ready to go and because I didn't have a organized grow/veg area I lost them the day before transplant because my timer was over the on/off button of the powerstrip it was in and my partner accidently turned the strip off. It became a devastating lost of time because the mums just got a haircut the day before.
My veg room has gone through many renovations before but this time I put alot of thought into this one.
Check it out, it might give ya a few ideals. Then I am going to redo a few projects I have done in the past with a few improvements.

Re: Starting Over. Learning from mistakes or making them. Ramblings of a Stoner.

First thing was to relocate the plants into a different room. That was easy because my flowering room was empty.

24912.JPG

We have three mums, a few clippings going through the rooting process and a few seedlings in the megagarden ebb.

I do hydro so I setup grow areas that have easy access to a water supply and a drain.
My veg area has 1 dedicated 20amp 120v circuit for a ac unit and 1 20amp circuit to power the rest. I use t8 flouro bulb fixtures cause I got them for free and rewired them with lamp repair kits. Not as efficient as a t5 but uses less electricity and the coolwhite bulbs are cheep. Been using them for years.
The grow area is a small room. The floor is covered completely with pond liner with a 1 inch raised lip at the entry way. The walls were covered with reflective insulation bought at lowes.
Bought a bunch of 2by3s a sheet of good quality plywood and designed a veg table station big enough to meet my needs with a cloning station underneath. The build was slow, I needed to utilize space with light effciency. The table needed to be strong and rigid. It needed to be level. I have a bad back so the table can't be to deep. And I wanted to setup a organized power station for all the plugs and timers.

24314.JPG

24414.JPG

24613.JPG

24516.JPG

24714.JPG

Re: Starting Over. Learning from mistakes or making them. Ramblings of a Stoner.

The work staion is finished. table surfaces are lined with pond liner. The room is cleaned. The mums are brought up. The seedlings are transplanted into buckets.
27512.JPG

27411.JPG

The best clones that are in the 60 are put into the 45 unit then the 60 unit is refilled with more clippings from the mums and test clippings are taken from the seedlings.

27710.JPG

27911.JPG

The veg room is now in action.

The clones I didn't need for the a36 were left in the 45 to make up for the weak clones that might develop in the 60. A few more clipping were added just because the water was still farely fresh.

28810.JPG

A major haircut and tiedown was performed on the mums.

28910.JPG

They grow so fast.

29411.JPG

30117.JPG

Wow, that is one beauty of a set up. You can see by looking at the pics how well thought out it is.

Gosh mr smith thats some gear u got there are both of those aero cloners in ur veg room one white and one black? Also are tge aero plants different ages? If so how by row or how? Love ur setup ill be upgrading soon to 1000 watter dimmable with a 25 x 26 inch aircooled hood hope my 2 liters give me 21 grams a peice in a 4 x 4 with 4 plants a square foot with defoliation at day 21 and 45 hopefully but nehou good job :thumb:

Hi mate how are ya??
Well so far it seems you ve learned well from ur last grow! I dunno if you have a journal on ur last one or not? But yeah, some great DIY in there:thumb: Always love to see that, i mean yes easy pop up tent styles are good and easy solution. But to create a nice grow space thats far better in set up than a standard tent, you may have lower roof and longer grow room so height may play a factor or sumfin..
So customising is always good IMO, ive home made most of my first grows entire setup, in fact construction was being carried out above her in some cases, if it happened - at any time i could either have had a solid piece of timber5ft wide,3ft deep fall straight down onto my girl!! As i was by myself, NOT GOOD! Or if it slipped it would have knocked a large fan onto her too! So i nearly made amess off things, as im BI-polar, i sometimes jump into things without thinking, this being one of them occasions:)
But she survived and with my vaccuum on low and the fluffy thing on the end i lightly vacc'd up the paint chips,sawdust and stuff all over her leaves, then i lightly sprayed her foliage with a little hair spray bottle of water to help clear her pores:)
She was great, grew just over 5ft and gave me 8oz dry buds with a little popcorn:goodjob:
But anyways mate, i hope your grow is successful amd you get some juicy buds from em! TAKE IT EASY< SMOKEMUP;)

Back
Top Bottom