AeroFlo 96

These pics are from day 35. There are about 40clones of chocolate chunk. Aren't they cute? Pics were taken with the hps light off.

DSC00937_036_edited-2.jpg

DSC00935_034_edited-1.jpg

cc2.jpg

PH flux is still dropping but roots smell and look good. Gonna have to get more ph up solution. Now this is the real begining of this grow show because right after I took these pics I did a waterchange and popped in the second batch of clones. 10 sage, 3 white widow, and 5 ice. Now sage is a beautiful plant that gets big and builds heavy but the ice and the widow have proven to be skinny rascals. Will be changing strains soon. The choc are short compacts that can get heavy under the right conditions but with 600 wats less light from before and to have so many so close together I am not sure. Its summer and light reduction is my only alternative to keep the right temps. Air movement is by using 5 fans on low underneath the aero machine.( Helps keeping them green) Any questions let me know and I'll try to answer.
Nute mix for one fourty gallon panda resevoir is 100ml gh grow, 150ml micro, 300ml bloom and 320 ml hygrozyme. I clean the filters for the pumps every 2 to 3 weeks and I change water straight from the tap with no RO device. (Don't have the room or the time to age the water plus we are on a second floor so I would worry about the weight since the veg cab shares the same room and a 55 gallon res is in the veg cab for the mothers.)

Mr Smith, my gleeful anticipation upon discovering your grow show was totally well founded. Choc chunk is showing utility for my planned need, but I had not heard of it. Found it #5 or 600 something in a list of 904. 7 week cycle! Too, you feed constant flow without a chiller. Three, you spend the money for hydrozyme, and no other additive. Four, straight tap not RO; what EC do the roots see? I could scale down a mix to measure from my GH flora stuff, but your water and the AN juice are unknown. 1.1 or 1.2?
Next you put bigguns in. Interesting yes. While I'm likeing those short, full-bodied cuties, bon temps roulette. Let the good times roll.

PG

Hey Aero are you cloning your clones for every flowering cycle or do you have a mother plants? The reason I asked is because I'm about to clone my clones for my second harvest if that makes sense. I don't have mother plants because I flowered them. I'm growing mother plants now but have you or know anyone to have yield and quality issues with cloning clones. Thanks man.

These pics are from day 39 and day 4 for the new clones. All the larger plants are chocolate chunk. The 1st 2 rows on the left are 10 sage plants the next row is 2 ice plants on the left 3 white widow on the right and the last row of new clones is 3 ice plants.

DSC00941_001_edited-11.jpg

DSC00944_004_edited-2.jpg

DSC00943_003_edited-2.jpg

DSC00945_005_edited-2.jpg

Mr Smith, my gleeful anticipation upon discovering your grow show was totally well founded. Choc chunk is showing utility for my planned need, but I had not heard of it. Found it #5 or 600 something in a list of 904. 7 week cycle! Too, you feed constant flow without a chiller. Three, you spend the money for hydrozyme, and no other additive. Four, straight tap not RO; what EC do the roots see? I could scale down a mix to measure from my GH flora stuff, but your water and the AN juice are unknown. 1.1 or 1.2?
Next you put bigguns in. Interesting yes. While I'm likeing those short, full-bodied cuties, bon temps roulette. Let the good times roll.

PG

1.Chocolate Chunk is from TH seeds and is a cup winner. There is little pheno variation and is a stable strain. Its suppose to be a 8 week strain but I have grown this a couple of times and it always finishes 1 week earlier than the rest. They are very resinous and strong on the high but the plant stays short and compacted. I would say that she is a perfect canidate for a sog grow too.
2.My res temps stay at 75 to 76f. I know the best temp is 65f but I don't own a chiller and I haven't needed one so far. I am sure I will get one in the future but there are a few other things I want more like a harvest master and a bigger a/c unit. I bought a used 11000btu ac unit for the room but it didn't fit in the window so I had to use my 7500btu from another grow room. I should be able to run the lights at full power with a larger ac unit but it wont matter come winter. I also leave the aero machines on 27/7.
3.I use hygrozyme because it was the only additive where I saw a huge difference when I compared previous grows. I have tried a number of boosters and additives in the past but was always wondering did they really work? Was it worth the cost? Hygrozyme is a enzyme and it really protects your roots. I don't know if these boosters worked but I have use Dark Energy, liquid karma, floraliscoius grow and bloom.
4 and 5 I have to answer together. This is not my house. It belongs to a close friend so we worked out a deal. he knows nothing about growing so I also have to do all the work. I have a life and another grow so I spend as little time with this project as possible. I do water changes once a week in under a hour for 2 40 gallon res tanks. I also have 55gallon res in the veg cab I change every 3 weeks.The room is on the second floor so there is no place to age the water and ROs are rather slow. I might get a big RO and use a mag electric pump with it but for now its a cost factor I don't want to deal with. So far I havent had a need for it either. I' get to the mixes and numbers at the end.
The aero 96 was originally set up for 1 sog at a time but my friend wants a monthly supply so I am giving it a try and should be able to produce bud every 30 to 45 days. This is why there are so many plants in the back plus a new light ballast went bad and ultimately changed my mind to give it a try. I am only experienced with the aero 36 with two grows, the 60 is brand new. None of these plants have recieved any veg time so when I record the numbers I should have a good ideal how long to veg the choc chunks to stay in line with the sage. Consider these next 5 to 6 harvests to being a test to dial in the numbers. I am after consistancy and want a average of a certain amount of bud in a timely manor but my friend also wants variation in strains and I am gonna do my best to deliver both. Ill talk more about the veg cab when the time is right, still needs more work but its up and running housing 5 different mums.
My tap water is 6.9ph with 220 ppm. I have hard water. I don't own a ec but I use a hanna black with 1500ppm calibration.
The nutes are general hydroponics flora grow, micro and bloom.
grow 2.5ml per gal.
micro 3.75ml per gal.
bloom 7.5ml per gal.
hygrozyme 8ml per gal.
kabloom 5ml per gal was just added yesterday to the res that doesn't feed the new clones.
I check and adjust ph plus top off water every other day and yup its always off.
Here's a example.
day40/day5
R1 4.82ph 75.7f temp 1204ppm
55ml of ph up is added then res is topped 2.5gal water
New reading is 5.99ph 1204ppm

R2 4.55ph 76.2f temp 1348ppm
60ml ph up was added along with 200ml of kabloom
new reading is 5.99ph 1516ppm
I try to get this done in about ten minutes and redo this every other day. Water is changed weekly and system is flushed with florakleen at 5 to 10ml per gallon every 30 days. The week I flush is the week I do 2 waterchanges. Flush for 2 days then waterchange. I calibrate the meter bi weekly and rinse it off with tap after time I use it. I always pour 7.01 calibration solution in the cap and check to see if my meter is off before I store it away til the next time I use it. Sorry for the longer answer, hope it makes sense.

Hey Aero are you cloning your clones for every flowering cycle or do you have a mother plants? The reason I asked is because I'm about to clone my clones for my second harvest if that makes sense. I don't have mother plants because I flowered them. I'm growing mother plants now but have you or know anyone to have yield and quality issues with cloning clones. Thanks man.

I keep mothers in a veg cab. I have tried taking clippings rooting and vegging them out and right before I flower them I would prune them and then take those clippings and repeat the process. After that it don't work to well to do it again. It severely looses potency but looks and taste great. I done it to white widow and icequeen and blueberry and was scratching my head wondering why it don't get me high. Yeild freakin drops too. You have to have a healthy mother to continuously take clippings from. Its that or seed.
As for clones from a mother, they are 25% smaller than what the mother could become. Thats why you want the best mum and never flower it. I base this answer on my own experience and came up with my own conclusions.

Lookin great Mr. Smith, I agree with you on the mother plant or seeds is the best way to go from my own expeiance too.. moslow...:grinjoint:

looks good bro..im building somthing like this but its goona be 16 feet long and 4 feet wide using the 4 by 4 fench post and sprayers...are you staggering those plants in there? iwill be watching... keep it iy

I imagine, Mr Smith that you are working on your carpal tunnel need for weed. On this day they are due, closenough. I've just now reread your elaborate and detailed post on the 11th when you answered all of my concerns so generously. The minutia of your minutes on the job laid out very useful data for me and many other wannabe producers. Since you obviously don't need any advice from the likes of us, this journal is a most excellent gift to the world. Thankyou Sir

Back
Top Bottom