DarkStar Project - Advanced Growing

Here are 2 nice pics of the DSM on day 57 in flower. These pics were taken 1 week before the plant was harvested.

002_DSM_rdwc_d57f.JPG

015_DSM_rdwc_d57f.JPG

Here are some pics of the vert at day 31 in flower. About 9 or 10 days before this pic was taken I severely trimmed the plants. I wish I had the before and after pics of the trim but I lost that opportunity. I removed all the branches from the backside of the plants then removed the fan leaves.

025_DS_VERT_D31F.JPG

026_DS_VERT_D31F.JPG

028_DS_VERT_D31F.JPG

029_DS_VERT_D31F.JPG

030_DS_VERT_D31F.JPG

031_DS_VERT_D31F.JPG

035_DS_VERT_D31F.JPG

037_DS_VERT_D31F.JPG

I was keeping it at 1100ppm and recently upped it to 1200ppm after 4th week.

Here are pics of the vert on day 36 in flower.

007_DS_VERT_D36F.JPG

008_DS_VERT_D36F.JPG

009_DS_VERT_D36F.JPG

010_DS_VERT_D36F.JPG

And 3 hours later I had all their fan leaves on the ground. The trim work was severe but I wanted to open up all the bud sites and reduce popcorn bud as much as possible. I was going to wait to day 41 but because of time management I trimmed on day 36.

013_DS_VERT_D36F.JPG

014_DS_VERT_D36F.JPG

016_DS_VERT_D36F.JPG

017_DS_VERT_D36F.JPG

My next updated will have the harvest pics of the DMS.
To be continued.

I don't get a chance to relax much when I am tending the gardens. Too much shit to do and never enough time. When I first started growing it was like a place of zen and stuff. I would sit there and get high and stare at the plants. Now its like check this, check that, is this thing working?, time to clean this, water change after water change plus filling and emtying the barrel so water can age, is this thing dying?, what the fuck's wrong now?, is that a leak?, will the filter make it through another grow?, blah blah blah, yackity yak, water changer. The cycle repeats itself daily,weekly, monthly...Worry,worry,worry.Smoke a bowl, relax, fuck it I made it through another day. My back hurts.

I totally get that. I feel the same. It used to be so easy. Now it's a lot of work. And it's not like I do a lot of unnecessary work. I think I'm busier because I'm less ignorant of what needs to be done to have a smooth and continuous operation. Also I think doing perpetual adds to the work by spreading the tasks all over the calendar. :morenutes:

Both the big girl and the vertical grow are amazing, Mr. Smith. Wowza. :welldone:

:peace:

Perpetual is just that, perpetual work, but it is smooth and continuous. It's easier than those 60 hour straight trim sessions, do a little this week and some next week. Even though it is busy in the room, it is still relaxing to me. After a while you can go on autopilot. In the living room are three 7 year olds with lightsabers......

Your vert system really does have that holy shit vibe to it. Such an impressive sight when filled up like that. They look healthy and happy, and that's quite a trim job. You've been busy my friend! Can't wait to see the DSM harvest results. Nice job, Mr. Smith +rep!

I don't get a chance to relax much when I am tending the gardens. Too much shit to do and never enough time. When I first started growing it was like a place of zen and stuff. I would sit there and get high and stare at the plants. Now its like check this, check that, is this thing working?, time to clean this, water change after water change plus filling and emtying the barrel so water can age, is this thing dying?, what the fuck's wrong now?, is that a leak?, will the filter make it through another grow?, blah blah blah, yackity yak, water changer. The cycle repeats itself daily,weekly, monthly...Worry,worry,worry.Smoke a bowl, relax, fuck it I made it through another day. My back hurts.

Someone needs to switch to Coco or Soil......

LOL, j/k...

Why change when you are the Hydro Master?

But seriously, soil is WAY LESS work and headache...

I do like variety. Ever played a video game and not only beat it but unlock everything in the game? Ever go overboard on a hobby and just want to get better at it even though some people already think your pretty good?
I used to be a aquarium enthusiest. I ran fresh water tanks for years, slowly changing my style over time. Started with guppies and gold fish then got stuck on ciclids and did minor breeding programs with bettas. I went back to smaller fish and got good with amazon tanks with live plants and ghostshrimp then eventually went into saltwater. As soon as I got into saltwater I became mesmorized with reef tanks. They are the hardest to maintain and takes the most expensive equipment and needed the most knowledge and understanding to keep a reef going. 2 years into reef systems and I was getting really good with coral care and keeping a balance system. A hurricane ended it for me. No power for 9 days. Everything died in under 2 days, 1500 bucks worth of livestock dead with me heart broken and sick knowing years of work and money gone. A month later I started growing mj plants with my old reeftank lights and a new enthusiastic hobby starts. I was able to incorperate knowledge from aquarium care to plant care easily. The experience was more thrilling and rewarding plus a lil scary at times. I became hooked.

I have done 2 dirt grows. I didn't do as well as I thought I would and found bringing in dirt and removing it was a really big hassle.
I'll try coir soon, maybe next year.
I enjoy hydro cause its neat, its easy and its hard. Nothing grows bigger and faster than hydro, there is always a way to upgrade and taking readings and measurements and adjusting gives me a better sense of control.

Pic of vert, day 37 in flower
001_DS_VERT_D37F.JPG

On day 64 in flower I took a bunch of pics with a friend and harvested most of the bud.
This is the front of the plant. This side of the plant is easiest to take pics, thats why I say this is the front.

005_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

008_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

011_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

This is the right side of the plant. I turned the lid and plant 1 quarter turn.

013_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

016_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

017_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

018_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

Another quarter turn to the right and now we have pics of the back side of the plant.

019_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

020_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

023_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

025_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

One more quarter turn to the right and now you can see the left side.

027_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

028_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

030_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

Its going to be hard to pic which pics I will use for next months POTM.

This is what's left of the plant after the harvest. I don't need this room for 2 weeks so I am flowering the rest for another 2 weeks to see if the small buds can get any better. The rest will be flowered with only 1 600w light overhead. The pics are mostly for me to see if any bud building action happens during this 2 week period or I just wasted time and power to delay the rest of the harvest. Should be interesting.

052_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

055_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

056_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

059_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

This is what has been harvested, all big chunky nugs on sticks.

060_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

Any questions?

Back
Top Bottom