AeroFlo 96

:smokin:Awesome grow!! So if your set-up runs perpetual, is that 96 siter set up on 2-3 res's?--so meaning it would actually be 2-3 systems. I 'll go back and read.....I guess that's a stupid question to ask as GH doesn't do a 96 that I've heard of. Two 30's or a sixty, and there has to be a 36.......okay.......answered my own question in your thread, haha!:smokin:

+rep just the same:nicethread:

If you dont mind, who's Chronic did you grow and how was it? Is it in this journel?

Thanks!!

:peace:gman

Thank you 420fied. (Great user name bro)

hey about how far apart are each plant? How many square feet do plants ususally require?

The are spaced every other row which is about 12 inches apart and from row to row the plants are about 8 inches apart. If I was to veg I would use less plants. Depends on the size plants you want to grow. If I was to veg them I would use 1/2 the amount of plants. I am normally growing 48 plants at a time with 14 to 20 days rooting from clipping with no veg flowering at 4 inches and average 14 to 22 inch plants.

:smokin:Awesome grow!! So if your set-up runs perpetual, is that 96 siter set up on 2-3 res's?--so meaning it would actually be 2-3 systems. I 'll go back and read.....I guess that's a stupid question to ask as GH doesn't do a 96 that I've heard of. Two 30's or a sixty, and there has to be a 36.......okay.......answered my own question in your thread, haha!:smokin:

+rep just the same:nicethread:

If you dont mind, who's Chronic did you grow and how was it? Is it in this journel?

Thanks!!

Its a 36 and a 60 joined together in this pattern.

... __________
... __________
... __________
______ ______
______ ______
______ ______

Serious seeds chronic.

Thanks for the info Mr Smith! That's a very slick set-up you have there!!
I want to get Serious's Chronic next time I make a switch or add something. I am running their AK47 right now and wow, is all I can say. Actually I am running WW but have the moms(4) of the ak and now taking clones for next run. It's an easy one to grow but they're not bs'ing about the odor......and the two DO NOT run together in my my current AF, nute wise---hard lesson that was to learn...........

Do you have pic or a journel of any of your chronic grows??

Thanks and it's lookinig awesome in there!!

gman

48 plants... wow nice, how big is the room??? and what kind of numbers are you aiming for to harvest??

The room is close 9ft by 9ft. The system takes up 4ft by 9 ft so almost half the room. I hoping for a pnd plus every 30 to 45 days once summer is completely over. I have only been able to use 1800 watts of light. I am set up for 2400 watts but have been unable to run full power until temps go down.

Thanks for the info Mr Smith! That's a very slick set-up you have there!!
I want to get Serious's Chronic next time I make a switch or add something. I am running their AK47 right now and wow, is all I can say. Actually I am running WW but have the moms(4) of the ak and now taking clones for next run. It's an easy one to grow but they're not bs'ing about the odor......and the two DO NOT run together in my my current AF, nute wise---hard lesson that was to learn...........

Do you have pic or a journel of any of your chronic grows??

Thanks and it's lookinig awesome in there!!

gman

DSC00004_edited-13.jpg

This is a chronic plant from seed. The clones don't get this girthy. This girl was about 3.5 feet tall and produced over 5 ounces if memory serves me correctly. I grew this under the user name urdedpal.

9/15/09 Day 46 and day 1 in flower

DSC01247_005_edited-2.jpg

Outdoor temps have been changing alot effecting indoor temps but it hasn't been to much of a problem. Res temp did go back up to the upper 70s.
New clones are put in. 1st row 5 chronic. 2nd row 5 ice. 3rd row 3 white widow left 2 ice right. 3 last small rows is 9 sage. And the cycle repeats itself.

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for posting the pic of the Chronic from Seed. I've considered trying it and seeing what you did has reallllly made me want to order some. Trouble is, I have 3 different strains in line before it...lol

I love your journal as always!

.......haha, I've learned the hard way why you skip every other site. I still cant bring myself to skip any and end up fighting the undergrowth the whole grow staying to pretty much just one main cola.

I too am very interested in seeing this Chronic go, so I hope it's cool if I tag along:popcorn: and watch-----:)smokin2: I wont get in the way:grinjoint:). That is a beautiful girl you grew from seed and if the clones can come within a 3rd of that.........well, that'd be fun. How dank is the smell??<---anything like the their AK?

You have quite the dream set-up there, and exactly the system I will have soon enough.

Mr Smith, do you ever replace the spray lines?? How deep do you run the nft?

Thanks!! +rep if I can again

I really like your journal too 420fied. I am in the process of germing 3 year old seed stock I never had a chance to use. Hopin they pop. Be such a waste if I letem get to old. Never properly stored them either.

Hi BWC BayArea. Work load is split up betwen 2 people but is 10 minutes a day for ph check and top offs.
1 hr a week for waterchanges (filters are every other week and adds 15 minutes. About 2 hrs total tending mothers and rooting clippings a month. 8 hrs plus for hand trimming and 3 hrs cleaning one side of the machine monthly before new clones are put in. Workload is not bad. Seems like alot when totally stoned tho.

Hi growinman. The clones don't grow nothing like the plants from seed. The large yeilds are only average with clones but density in side laterals are nice and you still get the great high smell and subpar flavor(very buddy). The smell is very floral and flowery like.
AK47 is stinky compared chronic but better in high and taste. AK47 clones better, chronic clones ok. Yeild from seed chronic is better but ak also yeilds well.

This is the sage. Superb flavor and taste, awesome high of both body and mind that is not boring what so ever. Yeilds on sage was half a pnd and one 8th.

DSC01249_002_edited-1.jpg

DSC01254_007_edited-1.jpg

DSC01255_008_edited-1.jpg

DSC01259_012_edited-1.jpg

DSC01261_014_edited-1.jpg

DSC01267_020_edited-1.jpg

Mr Smith, do you ever replace the spray lines?? How deep do you run the nft?

Thanks!! +rep if I can again

The hydoshop owner recommended yearly but with proper maintenence you can go longer. I haven't owned the systems for a year yet. I mean maintenence by severe cleaning of the system. I use dishwash soap (antibacterial),h202 and bleach. I have sponges scrubbrushes and can connect each laser line to a mag 3 pump which makes the job of cleaning alot easier.
I start at the height of right under the 3 inch cup and drop half way down 1st day of week 3.(depends on root growth) After that I have been playing with the heights. I found the heights to be temp sensitive too but I am still trying to find the sweet spot. I have tryed all the way down and all the way up. I don't remember the results too well.

Fantastic pics!!! Best tric shots I've seen in a very long time, if ever.......:goodjob:

:thanks:Thank you very much for the info, Mr Smith! When I started using the AF I was using organic nutes and ran into clogging probs. I used stick pins to clean out the holes.......<----not very smart of me, haha.....so I changed them out with new ones and went back to GH nutes and change them out every couple of runs.....You got me thinking and I am going to try and salvage them and soak them in Clearex and then run them individually on a pump like you do.......
I think you are about where I am at with the level tubes........tried high, tried low-----this run I am on right now is staying at about 2 inches deep. Haven't had any temp issues as yet, though the res runs in the mid 70's for well over a year and roots have been great.

I very much appreciate your info on the Chronic. Now I think I will do a couple of runs of AK---just took clones--- and see how that goes. I had smell issues that 2 can 50's wouldn't quite kill 100%. Took both of those out, set up an ozone generator in another room(dump)------now the room packed with STINKY WW ......nothing.....no smell 'cept a bit of chlorine? finally relief......:ganjamon:

gman:peace:

Thanks growinman. I have CAP ozone generater. I only use it as a backup. Ozone fucks with my throat and sinuses and I can't control the smell as well as I do with a Can filter. I use really big filters (75plus) and inline fans (6in to 8 in).

These pics were taken 9/26 Day 11 and day 55 in flower. Harvest is on day 60 9/30/009.

DSC01274_007_edited-2.jpg

DSC01275_008_edited-1.jpg

The back left corner the plants yellowed real bad. I wonder if its a clogged laser line. I can't really get back there to inspect so I am going to investigate on harvest day. That area is also my weakest point for waterpressure because I am using 10 site tubes when normally a 6 site tubes should be there. I am hoping its just a clogged line lol and not because of me mixing the 2 machines together.

DSC01277_010_edited-1.jpg

The other side of the 2 tubes is looking good.

DSC01281_014_edited-1.jpg

The next group of sage is lookin good. The white widow is doing very crappy again. I killed the white widow mom. I can't wait to get new genes. Just ordered some since my very old seed stock is not popping medium.

DSC01282_015_edited-1.jpg

Overall the next batch is looking good but I did notice a problem.

DSC01283_016_edited-1.jpg

This is a pic of the right front. Its growth is alot slower than the rest. I looked up and found a blown bulb.

DSC01271_004_edited-1.jpg

It looks like it blew up on the inside of the bulb. I never had problems with bulbs blowing or ballast failures until I went digital. I replaced the bulb with a standard 600 hps. Here's my big mystery. I have no ideal when this bulb blew since a stage my 4 600watts to only have 3 on at a time. That bulb is normally cycled off and the others are on when I go in there to do work (ph checks waterchanges ect). I wonder how much this blown bulb has cost me in bud. I'll be able to run all 4 lights once I set up the exhaust and intake for winter. End of october I will be reversing the air system. Cool intake air from outside, hot exhaust air gets blown to another room inside the house and the a/c is unplugged with a dehumidifier and or heater in its place.

DSC01272_005_edited-1.jpg

DSC01273_006_edited-1.jpg

The clones wer clipped from the mother on the 15th. They are ready to go. I think my partner is finally getting the cloning thing down. You can teach a old toker a new trick.
This is a powercloner 45 made my botanical. 5 to 6 gallon of water, 120 of clonex cloing solution, ph adjust to 5.8. You can see roots (not nubs) in as little as 4 days. Some don't do well so we always take alot more clones than we need.

I have been using my ebb n grow controller for my mother plants. I have decided to do another ebb n grow project so I need the controller but to take that controller I need a system to keep the mothers going. I decided to make a multi bucket gravity drain controller. I thought this was a good time to show people how to make a super simple table style controller. The diy is super easy to make, very reliable and can be used for mothers, veg and flower cycles. This is the second one I have made so I know you can have very good results from them.

DSC01285_018_edited-1.jpg

This square bucket is the controller. My first controller I used a square kitty litter bucket. I had a issue with algae so now I am using a black bucket. The bucket could be round but I prefer square because of the grommits.

DSC01286_019_edited-1.jpg

Insider the controller on the left I drilled 3 holes on the side at the bottom. then I installs grommets I purchased at home depot from the electrical department and black plastic fittings from Lowes found in the plumbing department. These fittings are where the multiple buckets are installed. You can use silicone sealent if you develope any leaks found at any hardware store, look for clear made for kitchen and bath.
DSC01289_022_edited-1.jpg

I have 3 fittings going out but you can have more or less depending on how many buckets you hook up.

DSC01287_020_edited-1.jpg

On The right side of the controller are ebb n flow fittings I bought at the hydro store for 10 bucks. You can buy them at most online hydro stores or improvise and use fittings you can put together at the hardware store. The green fitting is the fill and drain fitting. When the pump is on the system fills with water/nute mix, when pump is off it drains back into the resevoir. The tall fitting is a level fitting that I modified with a short piece of 3/4inch pvc tubing to increase height. Once water reaches the desired level the extra water is drained off into the resevoir.
DSC01291_024_edited-1.jpg

DSC01288_021_edited-1.jpg

Wherever you place the controller on the table your gonna have to cut 2 holes for the fill/drain and leveling fittings. The table has to be elevated high than the resevoir. You can put the resevoir under the table or to the side of the table. I got the black tubing from home depot in ten foot lenghs.

DSC01284_017_edited-1.jpg

The black lines feed into this tote I got from walmart. I had to drill 2 holes into the sides for the tubing.
DSC01290_023_edited-1.jpg

The pump is in the resevoir. You can use as low as a 70gph pump or as high as a 220gph pump. I wouldn't go higher than 220. You set the pump on a timer to fill 3 times a day for 15 minutes.

Hope the info might help a grower in the future.
Any Qs let me know at this thread. DIY gravity drain multibucket controller

Lamp/bulb brand and model? I'm asking because I read a post here I believe that speak about the incompatibility of Lumatek and Hortilux super HPS bulbs. I read they had a shorter life with the digis. I'ma go search for the thread. Ok found it. Read this > Lumatek Ballast. Dunno about the validity, but I've read and been told several negative things about Lumatek digital ballasts.

Was the md hydro ballast with a hortilux. I have already had to replace one of the lumiteks turning off and never turning back on. I know all about the lumatek history. My old username is urdedpal. Stix is actually a friend of mine. Truth be told all digis have a 8% failure rate or higher depending on name and size. The 1000w digis are the worst. MD hydro claimed a 3% failure rate and I had to return one of those too and as of right now they are not making digital ballasts, was told by owner himself.

Back
Top Bottom