DarkStar Project - Advanced Growing

Fantastic Journal Mr Smith. I believe you have pushed me over the edge with this last journal. I've started my shopping list for a hydro grow. Thank you
First, Welcome to :420:!

Second, welcome to hydro, if that's what you decide on!

I hope you have many good experiences! PM me if you have decided on your nutrients already... or is the PM still off under 50 posts?

I believe it is at least 20 posts to be able to PM, regardless, it is as of yet still forboden for me. Nuits: I'm currently planning on enlisting in the Blue Planet Army if they will have me. I have used Fox Farms for the last couple of years with soil and was planning on the AN line up for my next few runs, but this journal, a few others that I follow, and the price point have convinced me to go Blue. I also like that they are a sponsor and that some day in the near future my post count will be high enough that i can PM the owner. Can't do that with Advanced.

I believe it is at least 20 posts to be able to PM, regardless, it is as of yet still forboden for me. Nuits: I'm currently planning on enlisting in the Blue Planet Army if they will have me. I have used Fox Farms for the last couple of years with soil and was planning on the AN line up for my next few runs, but this journal, a few others that I follow, and the price point have convinced me to go Blue. I also like that they are a sponsor and that some day in the near future my post count will be high enough that i can PM the owner. Can't do that with Advanced.

Okay, then, I tried to see if you had a thread started, but alas, there is none. I didn't want to post this here, but since a PM is out, and there is no personal thread...
Click here--->A BPN Review in three parts

There are links to the sponsor's "About me" and also to the BPN sales site. Both "Chemical" and "Organic" lines can be found at his site. I'm glad you've done your research, though. You will see at the above link that I was a past AN user and that I will no longer be after finding BPN.

BPN ARMY!!

:welcome: brother!

I believe someone can send you a PM, and you can read it...you just can't reply until you have enough posts.

:Namaste:

Mr. Smith, I made post #205 and I'm finally just now ready to build the 'satellite' and was wondering where you got all the 4'' 45 degree elbows? At Lowes/Home Depot in my area they are $4.20 EACH! I don't want to be spending $400+ on 96 elbows lol (two 'satellite' units, six rows each). Do you know of something else, maybe some flexible rubber or any other ideas?

I'll offer you some advice, sman. Scale back your initial plans. Growing weed has an art. If you were used to harvesting weighty crops, you would just pay for the parts at that price. Since you're a newbie, you should start more modestly. Try a 4 bucket DWC in a sq meter tent with one 600 HPS. Get used to no media cloning and cultivating. And harvesting/curing.
And taste testing :yahoo:

Although that is great advice and I thank you, most of the stuff is already purchased, I'm 3 monts and 9k into it already. You might ask yourself why am I worrying about 400 more? Well that's because I'm running low and work has slowed down and need to make sure I can pay the bills for the next 3 months.

"I'm 3 monts and 9k into it already."

More CC debt is the American way, but seriously: Try one not two to get started.
Save $200 and you can build another after your first cash crop ;)

Great idea! I think I'll do that. Looks like the cheapest I can find them are $3.80 per. Also, it's not like I absolutely can't do it. It's just, $4 really? Just seems like they should be 1.50 or something. The proverbial Jew in me can't accept it. Very interesting that they were prices at 4.20 lol. Receipt to prove it too.

P.S. I don't own Credit Cards :)

I think too often new growers see some of these journals, and think it looks easy...let's try the same thing...but that's only because these are very skilled growers that make it look easy!

That's definitely some sage advice...start out a little smaller...then, once you get a couple smaller grows under your belt you'll know if you can pull off something like that.

I think too often new growers see some of these journals, and think it looks easy...let's try the same thing...but that's only because these are very skilled growers that make it look easy!

That's definitely some sage advice...start out a little smaller...then, once you get a couple smaller grows under your belt you'll know if you can pull off something like that.

Wish someone woulda told me that before I ever started, now look what I got..........lol
Dayum!
:peace:

Thank you guys, and sorry for the mini hijack Mr. Smith, but my question was relevant I suppose. BTW this is my 2nd official grow and I will soon make my first 420 journal so you all can see whats up. Just made the journal, will update it later, sorry if this is spam but, HERE IT IS!

Wish someone woulda told me that before I ever started, now look what I got..........lol
Dayum!
:peace:

Some people learn to swim when they're thrown in the deep end of the pool...but many just drown! It's tough to tell which is which until someone's floating face down! :rofl:

:allgood:

Hello. I'm back.
Here's my story and I'm sticking to it. My comp died a horrible death. My IT friend came over to fix it but could not so he retrieved my stuff in the hardrive and wiped it clean then took it to his buddie's shop. A part wa ordered then comp was fixed and right after I downloaded my info the comp crashed hard and would not turn on. I lost all my dried bud pics that was on a seperate memory card because of it. I took it back to my IT guy and after some fustration I decided to buy a new comp. I have a new hp with a extended warranty lol.

I was just reading the last posts since I have been gone. I giggled then laughed. Thanks and happy 420.
I would like people to know that I am not really big on the pms. I like keeping thing in the open so ask questions in the thread.
The verticle pvc diy cost close to 500 bucks for the pvc then you still need a high power pump and feeding tubes, resivoir and something to support the system like lumber.
I am quite stoned at the moment so let me tell ya something. Growing one plant is easy. Growing a couple plants can be easy or a lil challenging without the right info and equipment. Growing a bunch of plants is when it starts to get hard and it becomes real work. I started small and simple and had good success and then I got caught up in the thrill and the rewards were great. I expanded fast and thing were going great until my first mite infestation, then a outlet issue fucked another crop, multiple light timer failures, couple pump failures, being too stone and forget to turn something on or off failures. Those to name a few. My worst problems came when I had to scavenge material and equipment from a perfect flower room to start another flower room. Having enough equipment is key to growing and having the least amount of problems. Since alot of grow areas are far from perfect, growers tend to make their own problems.
The vert tube is not a perfect diy. I had problems mostly at the bottom row because the drip lines would go dry or clog and those plants were also furthest from the light. I need a better water delivery manifold and maybe a stronger pump. The diy will be cut apart and prts from it will be recycled to make a better design like having oneside that swings out or stadium the rows to make it more like a bowl the light is being dipped in. The possibilities are endless, the time is at the end of this year lol. Sorry.
Well I am not quite sure how much I blah blah blah and yackity yakked but I better start downloading some pics and update the journal. Again Happy 420.

For 2 weeks after I harvested the DSM I flowered the popcorn under a 600w hps. The extra 2 weeks didn't help and I developed a bunch of banana sacs. The plant started to self itself.

023156.JPG

The bottom of the trunk is almost as wide as a can of soda.

021199.JPG

The total dry weight of the DSM's buds was 17 ounces. I didn't come close to my goal but she's still the biggest plant I have grown.
The gph is 0.264. I missed my goal by 73%.
I think some of the problem was because she was a mother plant instead of a uncut plant from seed and because I didn't prune her enough and maybe, just maybe had the lights a lil too far apart and away from the plant.
She was healthy, the bud was good, I won cool stuff because of her.

Back
Top Bottom