420's Hydro Soil-less Indiana Bubblegum x Darkstar Kush Grow Journal, 2021

Sure, a couple fan leaves are a bit crispy and maybe a very very small percentage of the pistils, but not nearly enough to affect the flavor or in any way negatively affect the outcome.
There is a definite tinge on the leaves and I would say somewhere around half the pistils have died so not a perfect grow but hopefully not a waste of time either. Rubbing some of the crystal off a fan leaf gives a nice aroma of berries and marijuana which makes me want to smoke it right away. Way better smell than the first harvest and that should translate into way better smoke (don't really know if this is a proven method of testing plant quality but it's what I've always used and seems to work for me).

As far as weight goes I would have to say that a QP off a plant that size with zero training in a 1.7 gallon container is probably about as good as it gets. Indiana definitely has some nice commercial qualities except in the potency department but if you smoke 2 joints instead of one you won't notice the difference.

:rollit:

I'd swear they are adding chemical nutrient to organic amendments. I just spread some Fertrell organic blood meal on the yard and by the time I was done I had a burning sensation in my finger that only reminded me of chemical nutrient burns I have gotten in the past. I immediately washed it off and it began to become better. I only use organic amendments in that spreader so it must have come from the blood meal. No way pure blood meal could have caused such an allergic reaction (I'm highly reactive to chemical nutrient they cause me all sorts of grief).

Government people are some fucked up shit.

As promised harvest day pics. Plant had a nice roasted coffee bean smell when I manicured it. Not a giant plant but it was grown in a 1.7 gallon container. Still looking to be around 1/4 lb but it'll be a week before it's dry enough to weigh out. Until then all buds will remain on the original plant for a slow dry (as slow as I can make it in the AC).

IMG_1289_DxO.jpg
IMG_1290_DxO.jpg
IMG_1291_DxO.jpg
IMG_1292_DxO.jpg
IMG_1294_DxO.jpg
IMG_1295_DxO.jpg
IMG_1296_DxO.jpg

What if everyone got together and we had a smoke out. Everyone could try out everyone else's weed. Would be a pretty awesome event with a BBQ vendor present. Anyone got a farm we could congregate on out in the pasture?

Dry weight for Indiana Bubblegum grown in 1.7 gal container turned out a bit disappointing. My eyes were bigger than my stomach :laughtwo: as final weight turned out to be only a little more than 3 oz. She looked bigger than she turned out to be. Still better than my previous best at 2.9 oz but only by a slight margin. I'm sure I could have let her go another week maybe 2 judging by the trichomes. Quality wise the bud is much better and could be smoked without a cure (though a cure will hopefully unlock some more flavor in the smoke). Still wish Indiana had a little more potency, she's just a low THC kinda girl. Takes a couple cigarette size joints to satisfy my craving.

Maybe 3 oz is the best you can do in a 1.7 gal but I think it could have easily been 4 oz had I been dialed in perfectly. She just didn't want to quite fully thicken during the final stages of bloom even though the plant looked and felt fat.

You can see in the pics how the bud is a little light now that it is fully dry, the dead pistils before harvest told the story I suppose.

IMG_1327_DxO.jpg

Top cola
IMG_1329_DxO.jpg

Final dry weight bagged and ready for a 2 week cure, that is the weight of the bud as the scale has been tared for the bag.
IMG_1330_DxO.jpg

That about wraps it up on my end. Thought more people would have questions but religion is such a taboo in this nation under God. If you've read this far please post at least to let me know you care. Freedom is worth dying for!

I'll close out this journal as I've been putting more time into my Bruce Banner (hoping to get a little more potency and maybe some weed I can get excited about).

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Nice job on finishing. I have to admit, this turned out to be one of the weirdest grow journals I have looked at.
Glad you liked it... I had fun making it even though the grow did not go to well.

Back
Top Bottom