DarkStar Project - Advanced Growing

Its rather late for me. I have to get up early for work and then I need the evening to try in get some work done on another project.

024141.JPG

I'll try and finish the update this sunday.

Wow...and I thought I was busy! Glad you're back bro! :thumb:

Mr Smith - Nice to see you around again. DSM was still an amazing she-beast, bro. Congrats on a great grow and journal. Bummer about the computer.

I know what you mean about mistakes. It dawned on me today that I never got the new bulbs for my lights as intended. Oops. Now went through grow with one bulb over a year old (of use) and another probably close to 2. I had intended to swap new ones in right away. I was planning for next grow the other day, and realized my fuckup, never got the new bulbs - just spaced it and moved on. Oh well, At least there will be upside next grow - 2 new Hortiluxes ready to go now, unless I forget again - still got to put them in!

This has been one helluva 5 star journal my friend. Happy 4/20 day brotha! :yahoo:

Hello. I'm back.
Here's my story and I'm sticking to it. My comp died a horrible death. My IT friend came over to fix it but could not so he retrieved my stuff in the hardrive and wiped it clean then took it to his buddie's shop. A part wa ordered then comp was fixed and right after I downloaded my info the comp crashed hard and would not turn on. I lost all my dried bud pics that was on a seperate memory card because of it. I took it back to my IT guy and after some fustration I decided to buy a new comp. I have a new hp with a extended warranty lol.

I was just reading the last posts since I have been gone. I giggled then laughed. Thanks and happy 420.
I would like people to know that I am not really big on the pms. I like keeping thing in the open so ask questions in the thread.
The verticle pvc diy cost close to 500 bucks for the pvc then you still need a high power pump and feeding tubes, resivoir and something to support the system like lumber.
I am quite stoned at the moment so let me tell ya something. Growing one plant is easy. Growing a couple plants can be easy or a lil challenging without the right info and equipment. Growing a bunch of plants is when it starts to get hard and it becomes real work. I started small and simple and had good success and then I got caught up in the thrill and the rewards were great. I expanded fast and thing were going great until my first mite infestation, then a outlet issue fucked another crop, multiple light timer failures, couple pump failures, being too stone and forget to turn something on or off failures. Those to name a few. My worst problems came when I had to scavenge material and equipment from a perfect flower room to start another flower room. Having enough equipment is key to growing and having the least amount of problems. Since alot of grow areas are far from perfect, growers tend to make their own problems.
The vert tube is not a perfect diy. I had problems mostly at the bottom row because the drip lines would go dry or clog and those plants were also furthest from the light. I need a better water delivery manifold and maybe a stronger pump. The diy will be cut apart and prts from it will be recycled to make a better design like having oneside that swings out or stadium the rows to make it more like a bowl the light is being dipped in. The possibilities are endless, the time is at the end of this year lol. Sorry.
Well I am not quite sure how much I blah blah blah and yackity yakked but I better start downloading some pics and update the journal. Again Happy 420.

We are glad you are back. Sorry about the PM, I just didn't want to clog up your journal with things that did not pertain to your grow in any way. Sometimes people get irritated when you do that. But, if thats what you want then thats what I will do from now on. :)

I am going to finish this journal today. I already finished this grow and I am well into my next project. Sorry for taking so long but I had a few issues and my time is always limited.
I harvested the vert on day 65 in flower. I ended up with 21 ounces of pot. Very little of it was unusable popcorn. None of it was very big but the small nugs were very solid and the potency was strongest out of the 3 grows shown in this journal. This is probally because I wasn't trying to push the nutes too hard and never went over 1300ppm.
I have no dry pics, I accidently lost them when I was having comp issues.

These are the last pics.
day 61 in flower

029_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

033_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

032_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

031_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

034_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

037_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

038_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

050_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

051_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

055_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

060_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

065_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

066_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

Grams per watt this grow is 0.58.
total weight in grams 588.
The bottom rows suffered the worst because the drip lines would clog.
The vert machine will be torn apart and recycled to make a better machine.
These grows were more research for development and the vert will be back towards the end of this year.
Thank you for taking the time to check out this project.
This journal is over.

Shouldn't this journal be put into the completed section? Thinking about starting another one soon.

Great to see you bro - would love it if you did another journal. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom