AeroFlo 96

Hello everybody.
I am sorry for the long absence. I went on vacation and then my comp would not turn on. I think it died. I am using a friends comp til I get a replacement. I took a few pics of the grow so I will still be able to update this journal properly once I get caught up and get them resized. I'll do my best to get up to date by this week end.
I just noticed I placed in the forum contests. Thank you for the votes.

+rep4u on your great AF work!!
I haven't read the whole thread yet so forgive me if I ask you to repeat something already asked.......
I am just curious about two things. Haven't you run into any problems running different strains in the same system? I just got finished with a run in my AF that was AK47 and WW and they be kept happy one at a time: like I was frying one and starving the other, and vice-versa........
The other thing: in reading how you clean up your system.......how often do you replace the spray lines??<----best move I've ever made and I 'll never stick another thumb tack in there again---after seeing how they're supposed to spray when new. So now I replace them every other grow; the difference is unreal. $10 or whatever--and thinking that's for two......worth their weight in gold....
Okay, one more........what decides where you keep your water level in the channels and where do you have the stream hit....

Thanks, if you have the time to answer--I know your busy and I hear that! I just really screwed up and this run went in with 2 weeks veg.......clones about 8-10"........jumped the gun so now the battle...haha, be glad you dont have to mess with that!

Great growing to you!!
gman

Missed the weekend by this much ( - _ - )lol. I didn't want to upload these pics on my friends comp so I waited til my comp was working again. I hate when comps break. I will get us up to date.
Yes I do have problems growing multiple strains so its survival of the fittest. I had a choice, more bud or varity. I chose varity.

8/11/39 day 39 and day 11 in flower

DSC01146_001_edited-1.jpg

Sage got stretchy. Roots are yellowed. res temp is hurting grow op up to 80f at times. Room temp peeks at 82f but 75 is the average.

DSC01147_002_edited-1.jpg

Ice don't look too skimpy just kinda small compared to the sage. The white widows I can barely see. They have no height 12 inches and under.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/DSC01148_003_edited-1.jpg

Ice is on the back row and chronic is second to back. The rest is chocolate chunk. Mother died so this is the last of the choc for a while. I recommend the chocolate chunk. its good stuff.

DSC01151_006_edited-1.jpg

I found mite size bugs on some of the fan leaves on the sage. they kinda look like a grain of white rice with legs but as smal as a spider mite. I sprays crop with malithion and rinse with water a week later. I think their dead.

U had/have thrips, I can tell by the damage on the foliage. I used a product called Spinosad to get rid of them.I think I sprayed twice.

So thats a thrip? For a pest its kind of a pussy, aint nothing like when I have to battle with spidermites lol. Been 4 weeks since I sprayed and never saw them again. Those plants were recently harvested, I am playing catch up with the journal because I didn't have use of a private comp for a while plus my vacation time.

Very nice job! Makes me sad that I couldn't do the NFT grow i was planning to do, but when I see this it makes me wanna build a new NFT system soon! +reps

Getting together a diy ntf dwc test grow. I'll let you know about it once it starts. Just got the room cleaned for another ebb n grow and will be running the test with the ebb grow. I think you'll be interested, it uses 4inch pvc tubes and is very simple in design.

8/27/09 day 55 and day 27 in flower.

DSC01161_001_edited-1.jpg

Tha sage is kinda freakafied. At this time I don't know if its genetic breakdown of the mother or if its the heat issues. This was the hardest month. I am so glad summer is almost over. As with most indoor growers, I do my best work in the winter.

DSC01163_003_edited-1.jpg
My first 3 batches of sage did not look like this and its the same plant cloned 3 diferent times from the mother which is still the original mother but the last batch was starting to stretch more. Finding a really good mother for some strains can be difficult cause most are f1s and many aren't stable. Plus the mothers have been suffering high temps too and are slightly under luminated til temps get better which has been this week.

DSC01164_004_edited-1.jpg

The ice strain is not the prettiest of strains but it does get frost, has a really good head high with just enough body to keep a good smile on my face, its fairly strong plus it has a distinctive taste. Some call it fuel like or diesel tasting. I call it distinctive and different, different than normal bud taste but in a very good way. This girl and the rest of the ice and white widow was harvested 6 days after pic was taken on day 61 in flower.

DSC01165_005_edited-1.jpg

This is the only white widow pic I have. The 2 plants were swallowed up by the sage and didn't do well. This pic is the top of the 12 inch plant. The other is only 7 inches tall and yeilded 1.2 grams. We got just over 7 grams of the widow. I took no part of the harvesting and let my partner take care of it. He needs the training lol.

DSC01167_007_edited-1.jpg

DSC01168_008_edited-1.jpg

The next batch is lookin pretty good. I am still suffering the ph drop but not as bad as before. Res temp is back in the mid 70s. Hoping temps go lower but the season not over yet.

DSC01169_009_edited-1.jpg

Random pic of a sage bud.

9/3/09 Day 62 and day 34 in flower.

DSC01170_001_edited-1.jpg

The sage started leaning and are falling over so I had to support them with stakes and green tie. There time is almost up. My partener started harvesting the sage last night and he is 3 thirds done. Gave them a extra week because clones didnt do well. I let my partner do them and I am not sure if it was the heat or his poor technique. He's a newb so I'll go over it with him again lol just to make sure. If need be I'll share the technique I use but thats just boring same old crap posted over and over again in the forums lol. This is not a teaching thread, its actually a test grow. I have learned alot from this grow. Its alot different going from basement grows to second floor grows. And you almost need a water chiller in the summer temps. Sux not having total environmental control.

DSC01172_003_edited-1.jpg

Ice plants were harvested 2 hrs after this pic was taken.

DSC01173_004_edited-1.jpg

Next batch still looks good.

DSC01174_005_edited-1.jpg

Random pic of the tall ice plant.

Looking good! love those sage plants....nice thick buds :yummy: :goodjob:
The sage used to be a very pretty plant. These are shaggy looking compared to the others I have grown in the past. But thanks for the props. This pic is sage 01/09/09. Its changed and gotten different looking but same smell as before.

DSC00756_005.JPG

Im loving the macro trichome shots, the ice just looks so juicy:)

Im seeing the benefits of a perpetual grow in how you get new buds every month or so

Perpetual is a little more work involved but you never really run out of bud.

9/10/09 Day 41 in flower.

DSC01198_001_edited-1.jpg

After this post we are all caught up to the present. Res temp was 71f. I am hoping this batch will have a good finish. The two tall plants in the front right are sage. They are mixed in with the 12 chocolate chunk. I made a goof. Last row is 5 ice, second from last is 5 chronic.

DSC01199_002_edited-2.jpg

The plant on the right is sage.

DSC01200_003_edited-1.jpg

Chocolate Chunk

DSC01201_004_edited-1.jpg

Chocolate Chunk

DSC01202_005_edited-1.jpg

Tall plant back left. Suppose to be a ice plant but kinda looks like a chronic. Another goof? I smoke too much when gardening.

DSC01204_007_edited-1.jpg

Tall plant back right. Ice or chronic? I can't find out til harvest cause I can't get back there.

Back
Top Bottom