GH Nutes: Why KoolBloom when could just use FloraBloom

mrking

I am using GH Flora series nutes and it is going well overall. Hiccups overcome with the help of this community. :)

I was thinking of adding something more to grow the buds larger so looked into GH KoolBloom. However, it is just 0-10-10. The FloraBloom which is part of their flora series is 0-5-4.

Why would I use KoolBloom when I could just add more FloraBloom? Or am I missing something.

I see no need for liquid KoolBloom.......but dry KoolBloom (2-45-28) is great for the last two weeks for ripening.......careful, it's very strong stuff.

I see no need for liquid KoolBloom.......but dry KoolBloom (2-45-28) is great for the last two weeks for ripening.......careful, it's very strong stuff.
Looks like it is just a huge hit of potassium with a moderate amount of P for the end run then?

Wrong.......the P is 45 and the K is 28.
Oops. So it’s a large hit of Phosphorus. I’m a noob, can someone explain why the large hit of P is beneficial?

So back to my original question, there would be no need for additional bottles if I can just increase FloraBloom, yes, no?

as a general rule the base nutes should get you there.

that said - a lot of nute companies have formulated their product to "make room" for their supplement line. all the better to suck your wallet dry. i avoid those lines.

with a decent line, boosters can be appropriate if you are a good grower, and have worked your environment to the point where you have the conditions dialed in, and excellent lighting. without everything else being in place, you'll simply wind up with a normal average harvest, boosters or not.

as a general rule the base nutes should get you there.

that said - a lot of nute companies have formulated their product to "make room" for their supplement line. all the better to suck your wallet dry. i avoid those lines.

with a decent line, boosters can be appropriate if you are a good grower, and have worked your environment to the point where you have the conditions dialed in, and excellent lighting. without everything else being place, you'll simply wind up with a normal average harvest, boosters or not.
Best info to date. Thanks for taking the time for this!

Back
Top Bottom