GJCN420M-2023:05 - Bubblegum Timelapse, Formerly Birthday Cake

Ravenplume

Figured I would get another little side journal running, using a couple seeds from Birthday Cake Lite - Plant:1 Figured these can also eventually be worked into the main BC Lite journal later in the season.

TL2023-00-BC-Lite-00.JPG

The biggest objective for this one is to create a timelapse of at least one plant going from seed to ready to harvest with one frame per day.

TL2023-00-BC-Lite-0000.JPG

The first phase of the video will be a daily of the seeds as they are germinating and as they are sprouting. Then they get moved to Dollar Tree small planters as I continue the timelapse as seedlings, and then a third phase when they get put in buckets to grow up as indoor/outdoor plants this Spring and Summer.

That's all for this one for now. Updates will likely get posted here mostly on typical milestones, like a seed sprouted, ready to plant/planted, possibly also as various levels of leaves show, and of course flowering.

TL2023-00-BC-Lite-01.JPG

@Ravenplume , that is such a cool of a thing to do. I for one will be watching for that journal. Copy me when you start it.
Thanks

Looks like I get a little update already. One of the two has sprouted (one on the left. Taproot is just baaaaaaarely poking through. Also may be hard to tell in the picture, but the other may be sprouting already as well. Looked like the seed might be cracking along the seem; but not quite certain yet.
TL2023-00-BC-Lite-02.JPG

Looks like I spoke way too soon. Turns out that one had not actually sprouted yet, and in fact; both are still dormant. Then again, the BC Lites thus far have not been as consistant as the Wildlings or Feyleafs, or Bubblegums. So, not bothering doing any more frames for the time lapse until I do see something happening here.

Going ahead and starting a third Birthday Cake Lite (this time from Plant:2) in hopes of moving this project along, since the pair from Plant:1 are taking their own sweet time to sprout.
Birthday-Cake-Lite-09.JPG

And as of this morning, the Plant:2 seed has sprouted. No signs of life yet on either of the Plant:1 seeds, but those two are now going to be integrated into the general Birthday Cake Lite project, and the single P2 seed becomes the time lapse subject.

Birthday-Cake-Lite-11.JPG

Just a tiny update on this one here. Looks like I am close to finishing the first phase of the TL project. In fact, it looks like the first phase will only have 5 frames, with the final happening tonight, since I am sure it will be a bit longer before then. After that, the next phase starts with it planted in a little pot and a daily shot taken of its growth. I will likely also merge Phase 1 and Phase 2 into a combined time lapse video (both MP4 and animated GIF), once the project is done and ready for assembly.

So, Phase 1 ended up being only 6 frames. Now starting Phase 2, with this shot of it in its little planter.

TL2023-00-BC-LiteP2-0006.JPG

About to go do today's frame soon, likely after I do the Wildling Trio update.

Will also start putting the 6 seed/sprout frames together for an initial TL test. Deciding how many seconds per frame to go with, and then need some sort of transition special effect when the TL switches to the planted sprout.

Dammit. A week later and no signs of growth at all. WTF?

Birthday-Cake-Lite-12.JPG

I think I am done trying to use Birthday Cakes for this project, and am going ahead and making the next one onf of my very limited quantity Bubblegums. And though it was tempting to reuse the sprout footage and skip that part altogether on the redo, I am going to go ahead and work on a new set of frames for the Bubblegum after all.

This time around, I have the index card that serves as a background marked at what should be the top corner of the frame, and a Sharpie dot to mark where the seed goes. Of course, when processing and assembly time comes, the entire GIF will be cropped down to where there is no more surrounding white background than needed, so the marks except the middle one won't bee seen.

Bubblegum-06.JPG

It's a shame I can't seem to get any shots that aren't extremely dark or blurry no matter the camera settings or the lighting. They look great in preview and as the pics are being taken, but on the computer, I get this bullshit. Any suggestions on how to get this to work? It's pone opf those things like almost everything else, it works for everyone else except me, for some unknown reason... If the shots keep coming out like this, I may very well just give up on this project altogether.

Bubblegum-07.JPG

Dammit. A week later and no signs of growth at all. WTF?

Birthday-Cake-Lite-12.JPG

I think I am done trying to use Birthday Cakes for this project, and am going ahead and making the next one onf of my very limited quantity Bubblegums. And though it was tempting to reuse the sprout footage and skip that part altogether on the redo, I am going to go ahead and work on a new set of frames for the Bubblegum after all.

This time around, I have the index card that serves as a background marked at what should be the top corner of the frame, and a Sharpie dot to mark where the seed goes.

Bubblegum-06.JPG

It's a shame I can't seem to get any shots that aren't extremely dark or blurry no matter the camera settings or the lighting. They look great in preview and as the pics are being taken, but on the computer, I get this bullshit. Any suggestions on how to get this to work? It's pone opf those things like almost everything else, it works for everyone else except me, for some unknown reason... If the shots keep coming out like this, I may very well just give up on this project altogether.
Bubblegum-07.JPG

Hopefully the thread title can be changed since the subject is no longer Birthday Cake. Actually did a self report with the explanation that just the subject needs changed if possible. If not possible, will close journal and start anew.

Finally got a usable shot for the first frame. Hopefully the next one is at least close on the lighting and focus as this one.
Bubblegum-08.JPG

So, here we go again...

Took about 28 hours, and Bubblegum:06 is just barely showing the tip of its taproot...aka now sprouted.

Didn't really see a need to post a pic though.

Just a small update... It was looking like the Bubblegum was becoming living impaired, so I went ahead and started a Feyleaf to replace it for the project.

TL2023-00-BG-0008.JPG

TL2023-01-FL-0000.JPG

And wouldn't you just know it? A day after I switched the focus to the Feyleaf plant, the Bubblegum came to life. So now, the timelapse project has two subjects (in addition to the prequel...the sprouting.) Here's how both are looking now.
TL2023-00-BG-0024.JPG

TL2023-01-FL-0015.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Wow. Forgot all about this one. Just close it out...altogether.

Done attempting any sort of TL videos until further notice.

Back
Top Bottom