GodAmJT's Perpetual Greenery

Hey Skybound: I was hoping to plan my grows so that if I have to move any of them, they'd only be in veg, so if they move is kinda rough, they have some time to bounce back.. Hell, if I'm not moving, I'm sleeping, and I HATE sleep!!! I have to keep myself going, otherwise, I'll get old in the process!! :)

Today is a day I've been waiting for for a while.... The flush begins!! I ran 5 gallons of pH'ed distilled water through for approximately 30min and checked the ppms, which were at about 115, so I figure maybe do one more solid flush tomorrow and hope it drops the ppms down below 50, then give it 24hrs to dry out the rockwool and let it suck in some more of that stored energy... I hope to be chopping by either Friday day-time or Saturday morning.. I have a feeling it's gonna take me forever to trim it up and prep it for hanging, but from what I can see, I should be able to make a couple grams of some good bubble or maybe even do some oils/edibles since I've done those in the past with some great results.. With any luck, I should be smoking this thing by the end of the month!!!

DSC004908.JPG
DSC004897.JPG
DSC0048811.JPG
DSC0048610.JPG
DSC004854.JPG
DSC004845.JPG
DSC004567.JPG
DSC004504.JPG
DSC004854.JPG

Today is a day I've been waiting for for a while.... The flush begins!! I ran 5 gallons of pH'ed distilled water through for approximately 30min and checked the ppms, which were at about 115, so I figure maybe do one more solid flush tomorrow and hope it drops the ppms down below 50, then give it 24hrs to dry out the rockwool and let it suck in some more of that stored energy... I hope to be chopping by either Friday day-time or Saturday morning.. I have a feeling it's gonna take me forever to trim it up and prep it for hanging, but from what I can see, I should be able to make a couple grams of some good bubble or maybe even do some oils/edibles since I've done those in the past with some great results.. With any luck, I should be smoking this thing by the end of the month!!!

>>> I ran 5 gallons of pH'ed distilled water through for approximately 30min and checked the ppms, which were at about 115, so I figure maybe do one more solid flush tomorrow and hope it drops the ppms down below 50, then give it 24hrs to dry out the rockwool and let it suck in some more of that stored energy

This is exactly how I do it, except I let it run at 50 ppm for a few days. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see the trimmed up bud.

Thanks Capn!!!! You're pretty much the reason this thing took off the way it did, so I still can't thank you enough!!!! I'm going to be swapping the water again, as I ran it again yesterday and had roughly 70-ish for run-off..

I smoked the small sample bud last night, and even without curing it, had a fantastic taste and smell!! I checked with the jeweler's loupe and it looks like after ~4 days of drying, trichs were about 15-20% amber, the rest milky/cloudy with only a handful of visibly clear ones.. I can't wait to see what this is all about in a couple days!!! In the ranks, I've got a Dinafem Critical Jack seedling that's chugging along and getting nice and hearty while the other Jack Herer seed I got looks like something out of Dr. Seuss or perhaps a Tim Burton movie.. I swear, it looks like it's going to die, but each day, more new growth shows up, so instead of tossing it, I'm gonna grow it out for a bit longer... I just don't want this thing to get so stressed it turns hermi on me.. I keep forgetting to charge my camera, but I'll throw some pictures up so you can see what I mean.. I had thought about slowly trying to acclimate it to outside, and just finding a decent spot to plant out there, just to give it a chance.. :)

So the first one is the Dinafem Critical Jack Auto (pretty excited about this one, read a few excellent reviews) and the second 2 are of the mutant Zambeza Auto Jack Herer.. Like I said, I'm gonna try to grow it out as long as I can, until I figure it's toast, or it's hermi-fying.. I thought about staking it up, and starting the Silica on it to see if I can get the stalk to thicken up.. I've had a fan on them lightly, as I have done in the past, but who knows.. Maybe it'll surprise me, but I'm not expecting big things..

Maybe I can make this my perpetual grow journal, so I don't have to start a new one..

Anyway, here are the pictures..

DSC004918.JPG
DSC0049410.JPG
DSC004926.JPG

Got up early Saturday, even after a night of partying from a best friend's wedding last night, out of pure excitement.. It was chop day.. The plant was very cooperative and taking her down was bittersweet, yet skunky and invigorating.. I went through 4 sets of nitrile gloves and had to clean my scissors 3 times because of the stickiness.. Optimistically, I think my estimates are on par, as I look at them, and feel their wet weights.. I haven't weighed them, mostly because I just finished after 3 straight hours of cutting and trimming and cleaning.. I had to take a bake-break in the middle, but I tell you what.... If she tastes ANYTHING like what the sample one did after a good cure, then I'm gonna be shitting myself with enjoyment!! I got a little over 2oz of trim/sugar leaf for some oils/edibles which I might make in the next couple days..

The smaller buds are almost perfect in terms of dryness so they may be going in the quart jar tonight with the Boveda and a hygrometer.. The bigger buds may need another day or so, which is good, since I'm still waiting for the rest of my Boveda packs to get here.. The hydro store I get my stuff from was selling them w/ half-gallon mason jars for $10, which sucked x2 mostly because I had literally JUST bought a 6-pack of quart jars and ordered the Boveda packs on Thursday of last week.. I go to the store yesterday to get hygrometers, and see them.. Doooh!!!!!! My timing sucks..

Anyway, here are some pictures of the takedown..

DSC005338.JPG
DSC0053810.JPG
DSC005408.JPG
DSC005428.JPG
DSC005438.JPG

lol Thanks a lot!!! I know exactly what you mean, because I've only been drying them since Saturday, and I feel like it's already been a week and a half!!!!! I need to clean up the buds a tiny bit better, but as they're drying, I'm noticing the bigger buds are much more dense than the smaller ones. I don't know if that's normal, but I'm happy with it.. I didn't weigh it wet, but I should have just to sort of get an idea of what it might be like when it's dry going from an 80-60% loss rate, I could get an idea, but meh.... I just hope I can cure these things right!! By the way they smell already, I don't think it's gonna be too long before they already have a super-thick taste locked in!! The sample bud I smoked last week was already tasty and that was a 4-day dry with no cure!! I don't really taste the Blueberry, more of a citrus, mellow taste, almost like the smell which is very citrus-skunky..

Thanks again for the kind words!!

Final dry weight before curing = 43.7g of bud with 51.1g of sugar leaf/popcorn bud/trim and that doesn't include the 1 bud that I cut off for sampling purposes and the one I dried to smoke because I'm out.. About 10g over what I anticipated which is making me get these excitement jitters!! I'm in my mid-30's and I've been wanting to do this very thing since I was in my mid-teens, and never thought a couple years ago, that I would be doing it!!! I seriously cannot begin to thank all of the veterans who have been gracious enough to put their wisdom into text for people like myself to learn from!! Believe me when I say I will pay it forward to continue the positive encouragement of folks trying to get down on this hobby/art!!

TheCapn gets extra special thanks, because if it wasn't for him, I seriously don't think this grow would have finished or been nearly as successful as it was!!! Definitely one of the coolest dudes on this site and if anyone hasn't checked out his blogs, you're not really serious about growing!!!

Even without a curing, super-smooth smoke, very fruity and mellow with a nice relaxing stone.. Not very much green smell or flavor, which leads me to believe they are good and dry.. I think some of the smaller ones are a little too dry, but they are in jars with Bovedas as of an hour ago, and RH in one is at 58% and the other one is at 52% but they're slowly climbing..

Success..................

DSC005477.JPG
DSC005497.JPG
DSC0055011.JPG
DSC005539.JPG
DSC0055612.JPG

Hey Twizzle, those budz are the shizzle.

Seriously if I didn't know better and I saw your buds, I would think you've been growing for years. You waited until just the right time to harvest. Those buds are furry with trichomes and the orange hairs are beautiful. Great strain. Excellent grow.

>>>TheCapn gets extra special thanks

You're welcome, but you did it all, I just helped with the recipe.

While reading your last few journal entries I could really feel the excitement, and it reminded me of my first harvest. So fun. Is that the girlfriend's feet in the picture? I bet she was excited too. If you think it tastes good now, in a few weeks you'll notice it will be even better and more potent. Wish I could kick back with you and try a sample.

A couple things... 4 days from harvest to jar is very quick. Just be sure to open the jars a few times a day right now and check them. If they feel "spongy", that's the moisture from the stem coming out, and if so, leave the jars open until they feel dry again.

The sugar trim... if you make edibles, follow the recipe exactly. If you don't, they won't be very potent. Invest in the soy lecithin and don't skip the decarb or freeze steps. It makes a huge difference in bio-availability to your body. If you don't make edibles, you can grind up the sugar trim and smoke it in a joint. You'll be surprised at how potent it will be.

So what's next for twizzle? Another grow? Another strain?

Congratulations Godam4twizzles, outstanding job. It's feels real good knowing the Capn is there if you had a problem. I'm at least 1 grow behind you. I would vote that you keep this journal going and have the Mods change the name because your coming up on veteran status really fast. Your journal is on the top of my list as is anybody smart enough to grow "Capn Style".

I feel like I'm blushing!!! lol You guys really know how to make me feel like I did something right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Capn: in all seriousness, if it wasn't for you cracking the joke about my RDWC set-up and sending me to your blogs, I wouldn't have had the success I had for sure!!! There's NO WAY I would have been able to keep my res temps that low all the time, especially since it was already sometimes an issue keeping the temps in a good zone along with humidity!!!! Yeah, that's my first girlfriend, as she calls my plants my "mistresses." She says I spend an awful lot of time with them, but she's always joking and she gets as much enjoyment as I do, since she's learning it!! I wanted her to start a seed to have her grow it, since she was looking for a fun hobby.. She doesn't smoke much, but she said it looks like it would be fun!! I'd like her to be able to know how to do things like pH adjust, nute-mix, LST, etc... so in the event I have to go out of town again (have a lot of family issues with illness and injury lately), she can take care of the plants without me freaking out every 2 seconds!!

As for my next grow, I was finally able to get some seeds to germinate.. That'll be the last time I try an "unknown," seed bank on a whim, since I got only 2 of 5 to actually germinate and one of them turned mutant and died.. The one that survived looked terrible at first, but I bumped the nutes up and it's been thriving since!!!

I've got a Dinafem Critical Jack which is flourishing and the Zambeza Jack Herer is an odd duckling but still chugging along!! They're both going to my buddy's house for the next couple weeks because we have to move ahead of schedule.. It was sad taking my tent down, knowing it's going to be a couple weeks before it's back up, but I'll be at my friend's house everyday, working the plants!! My goal for these is a MINIMUM of 2oz per plant, but I would LOOOOOOVE to get me a quap a piece.. A little unrealistic for my second try, but the LST is coming out and possibly the ScrOG.. I know the Dinafem is a reputable strain and brand, so I figure she's gonna be my prize pig.. The other one would be great to be a big plant, but I'm hoping to just keep it alive and producing foliage until it's time to chop!!!

I'm hoping to do the decarb today, as you had mentioned it.. I already have a tub of lecithin from the last time I tried decarbing, but it didn't turn out quite well.. Still worked okay, but tasted, meh, and it took a couple brownies to get a good effect. I'm going to try your peanut butter cup recipe because that looks incredible!!!!!

60cal - Thanks a ton dude!! I'm just glad that there are people out there like yourself and the Capn that are so courteous and so willing to help!! I think I had mentioned this before, I can only imagine the work it took back about 10-20yrs ago before the internet, where people had to grow by trial-and-error most of the time, and since it takes a few months to get some quality, I'm sure those folks (like the Capn) have got some amazing stories and information that it's hard NOT to listen to them when they speak!!! As for the veteran status, I could only wish to gain all of this experience quickly, so I've been spending an enormous amount of time on this forum especially, just reading and sifting and checking pictures... Since I've started this grow, I seriously must have over 200hrs of just reading of the hydroponics, lighting and grow medium threads..

It's a good thing I love science!!!!! lol

These are the Jacks!! Specimen #1 is the Dinafem Critical Jack Auto, week 2-ish and #2 is the mongoloid from Zambeza Auto Jack Herer that has bounced back pretty well roughly 3.5 weeks deep !! I love how thick the stalk is on the Dinafem already!! I threw some Silica in the 275ppm-ish mix and I think that, with the strong genetics are gonna make for a successful grow.. They're at my friend's house in his veg room under T5's I think on 18/6.. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures.. Batteries were dead in my camera..

20140715_202400.jpg
20140715_202417.jpg

So I keep forgetting to get pictures when I go over to my buddy's house to take care of my plants.. Since they're still small and haven't shown pre-flowers yet, I'm not too excited about pictures, but I started LST'ing them.. I'm going sorta mild on the LST just because I can't be there for the plants every day like I'd want to. At the earliest, I won't have my tent back up until next weekend since we can't move into our new place until then.. I was hoping to get my plants under my LED/CFLs soon because I didn't realize that I'm actually at or over day 30 on both of them (the Zambeza seed bounced back strong and is about a week or so older than the Dinafem). The Dinafem stretched a bit, because my buddy has them in his veg room under T5's.. I was kinda shocked after not been there for a week and my plants were nearly as big as his photos that have been vegging for 2-ish months.. I'm just hoping that my plant doesn't start to show sex until the end of the week so I don't feel like I'm missing out on my plants' lives!! The Zambeza has more future bud-sites from what I can tell, but the Dinafem seems a whole lot stronger and more hearty.. I will hopefully get some more pictures tomorrow when I'm there.. I've been feeding them differently than usual (since I don't have my Capn-style set back up again).. I fed them near a 500ppm solution on Friday, but I let the rockwool soak in it for about 15min then I drained both pots.. My buddy has been just watering them with pH'ed RO water, and it seems to be doing just fine.. I thought the ppm's might have been a little high the previous week at 350-ish, but no over-abundance/deficiency signs..

Anyway, pics to follow soon!

wow! sounds like u got quite a few things going on. I too am moving the end of next month and though I can't use my attic yet due to heat, Capn advised me to get something small going to load into the attic when the temps come down a bit. However, I can see the juggling madness that you are going through being caught in between dwellings is taking some toll on you, and that's why I am very hesitant to start. I'm really looking forward to seeing your dinafem in all of her heartiness! I'm eager to grow out my dinafems too.

So for this update, I wanted to use the crappiest cell phone pictures I could take, so you could really get a sense for the fact that it's a plant, and it's growing.... In all seriousness, the plants are doing well, although I will say the Zambeza is starting to impress me.. Node spacing is a bit tight but I bet this thing will have another growth spurt.. The Dinafem is getting tall and my initial attempt at LST is a mild failure since apparently the plant was stronger than the ties and even after twisting them to the airpot 2.7 million times, they still managed to bust it loose.. Anyway, as I was trying to gently lean it, I kinked it.. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.. It wasn't bad, and it didn't break anything but DAMMIT!! The only reason I'm a little leary is that the Dinafem decided today was the day she was gonna show her naughty bits.. :/ Let's hope the damage is limited and maybe it'll make the plant a super-hero..

Anyway, crappy pictures..... Now.....

20140729_222033.jpg
20140729_221900.jpg
20140729_222020.jpg
20140729_222026.jpg

Back
Top Bottom