MattyTrips's Poorman Soil Mystery Grow 2011

Thanks a lot man! they are loving the light but temps are high around 92F-94F from it. they don't seem to mind. Im not trying to keep them in these high temps for long though. today I started to get the new closet ready to go. I'll get some pics of the ladies and the closet up a little later this afternoon.

here ya go bud...its 31x42x90.

IMG150.jpg

IMG1481.jpg

IMG147.jpg

gonna paint the walls white and throw some of those peel and stick tiles on the floor tomorrow after work. I'm planning to throw a digital greenhouse 600w kit in there wiith an inlline filter/fan combo..those will be in there in a couple weeks..very excited with the possibilities!!! :cheer:

Oh and I decided to try and germ 2 more bc seeds. they went into the soil this morning. #1 is out of the dirt, I'm waiting for it to straighten out before I throw some light on her. Not sure why I decided to add more. was really stoned and I LOVE this shit!!!!! lol:thumb:

Thanks guys, it should be one sweet ass growroom. I like that I'm growing in another closet right now so I'm not stressing about having to rush and get shit done. I'll throw some more pics up as my work progresses. I fed the plants again today which was their 3rd. I'll post some pics tonight.

:thumb:

alright I couldn't wait anymore to take pics...Im so happy with the way things are looking. also very happy with the nutes the dudes at my local grow store recomended. :morenutes: hope you like :thumb:

here is the best and brightest of the 3 along with a close up of what
I think to be a killer leaf....still a newb srry, the simplest shit with my grow gets me so excited lol :cheer:
IMG156-1.jpg
IMG161.jpg

And here are the other 2.
IMG158.jpg

IMG157.jpg
Not sure whats up with the mutant leave on this one lol been there since it sprouted

And this poor thing, I thought I was helping it by gently taking the seed off for her. Unfortunately I ripped 1 of its 2 first and only leaves off. Still standing tall like a trooper. I'm not sure if she'lll survive..:oops:
IMG159.jpg

:thanks: for stopping by.

:tokin:

Hey :420:, hows it going? Its been a little while since my last update. I've been really busy lately but here it is. :thumb: Plants seem to be loving the nutes still. Wondering if there is a little burn on plant #3 though. I've been keeping my nutes and water at a constant 6.6ph and when I tested the runoff, they were 6.4, 6.6, 6.7.

TOG, hows it going bro? Suprisingly the little seedling did make it and is looking really nice.
IMG162.jpg
Along with another little buddy.
IMG169.jpg

I had topped #1 and I ended up with 3 new shoots.
IMG163.jpg
IMG164.jpg

I hit # 2 with some lst and I'm gonna see what I can get this one to do.
IMG165.jpg
IMG166.jpg

#3 was the runt of the group. I decided to do a serious pruning and since then she has been coming along with nice new growth.
IMG167.jpg
IMG168.jpg
Is that a little nute burn on the tips of those leaves?

And heres a couple group shot.
IMG170.jpg

Well I'm very happpy with the way things are going. Id appreciate any input on how to improve this in any way. Hope you enjoyed the update. happy growing!

Looking good man! I am doing pretty good actually. Just harvested one of my girls and I have been keeping extra busy. The holidays are actually getting quite hectic and balancing things is becoming a task.

The leaves look fine mild discoloration is fine as long as you don't see it progress and at a rapid pace. The LST and topping will give you a great perspective on how different types of techniques affect the plants. I did that on my first grow.

alright folks, just smoked a fatty and decided to get my ass going and paint my new closet. I'll throw the pics up when it's finished. the plants are going good, I'll get some pics of those up tomorrow as well when lights are back on. happy growing !!!

Howdy :420: well I woke up to a bunch of balls on the best plant...may he now rip. lets see how the last 2 do. decided to ditch 2 of the 3 seedling as well. they just looked like shit..lol hopefully i end up with 1 female :) happy growing

The tallest and most vigorous are more often male if not from feminized seed. For me its always been my best plants that turn out male.

I can almost tell you before preflower which are probable males. don't ask why... cuz I don't know, but I can tell just by feelin' the vibe which ones are male and which are female. I always let it play out till I know for sure.

I had a feeling with this one. it was just growing way too nicely. lol Hopefully I end up with atleast 1 female. I am looking at some fem seeds from one of our sponsors, I don't want to play around with bag seed anymore. :thumb:

Hi :420: hows it going? here are a few pics for ya. this is a blue cheese seed that was germed and dropped into soil on 11/15. I was pleased to wake up today and find that 4 new leaves sprouted :thumb:
IMG1751.jpg

and here is the sole survivor of the first group of seeds.
IMG1771.jpg

IMG176.jpg

Hoping this one is a girl. next grow will definitely be with some good genetics/fem seed, instead of bagseed. I'm still having fun and learning, cant wait to see what I can produce with some ladies on my side.

happy growing!!

Well damn man! It sucks when you have to kill off perfectly good plants. Oh wellm you learned something through it all. I know I have a lot to learn(Barely finishing up my first grow) and I don't mind one bit. Make sure to get Fem seeds! It saves you time and money. Only mess with regular once you get into breeding(If that is something you are interested in.

yeah...definitely been bummed out the last 2 days after having to kill off 2 beautiful plants. lol I can't be pissed though. I'm happy with all that I've been able to learn in this short time. gonna see what these last few decide to do, hopefully something good. gonna order some fem seeds tonight. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom