GodAmJT's Perpetual Greenery

I suppose as soon as it gets here (ordered it, wish it was instantaneous!!), I'll do a photo-shoot for the sake of science!!! lol

I have to order the cool-tube next, so I figure when I get my next paycheck, that will be my "fun money" purchase, since you said they are relatively inexpensive!! I saw a few decent ones on Amazon for less than $100, but a couple of them got some "eeeeh" reviews, mostly due to the glass being broken upon delivery, or the actual dimensions were off and the tube was larger than advertised!!! A 24" tube will definitely fit in my tent, as it's 3ft wide, so I won't even need much ducting.. Just a U-turn for the carbon filter, and then some extension hose to run to the fan.. This is where I feel I need a bigger tent, and I think you're spot-on with the 4ftx4ft since a 4x2 just wouldn't be wide enough for the true Capn-style I want to grow!! I didn't get a chance to germ the GDPs because I need to get more Florablend and need to pick up some more water.. Unfortunately, the landlord won't let me install an RO unit, and even though the tap water around here has a relatively low ppm of 90-100, I just don't trust it as this was a former mill/manufacturing town and who knows what else is in this water!! I normally filter it through a Brita for consumption, and strangely enough, I'm not a germaphobe or anything like that, but I drink over a gallon of water a day, so if I'm putting carcinogens or weird shit in my body at that rate, I'll be dead in a couple years!!! lol

I suppose as soon as it gets here (ordered it, wish it was instantaneous!!), I'll do a photo-shoot for the sake of science!!! lol

I have to order the cool-tube next, so I figure when I get my next paycheck, that will be my "fun money" purchase, since you said they are relatively inexpensive!! I saw a few decent ones on Amazon for less than $100, but a couple of them got some "eeeeh" reviews, mostly due to the glass being broken upon delivery, or the actual dimensions were off and the tube was larger than advertised!!! A 24" tube will definitely fit in my tent, as it's 3ft wide, so I won't even need much ducting.. Just a U-turn for the carbon filter, and then some extension hose to run to the fan.. This is where I feel I need a bigger tent, and I think you're spot-on with the 4ftx4ft since a 4x2 just wouldn't be wide enough for the true Capn-style I want to grow!! I didn't get a chance to germ the GDPs because I need to get more Florablend and need to pick up some more water.. Unfortunately, the landlord won't let me install an RO unit, and even though the tap water around here has a relatively low ppm of 90-100, I just don't trust it as this was a former mill/manufacturing town and who knows what else is in this water!! I normally filter it through a Brita for consumption, and strangely enough, I'm not a germaphobe or anything like that, but I drink over a gallon of water a day, so if I'm putting carcinogens or weird shit in my body at that rate, I'll be dead in a couple years!!! lol

Don't tell your girlfriend I'm making you spend all this money. ha ha.

Here's the cool tube I use. Cheap and good quality.

SNO6_COOLING_TUBE_002.jpg

lol funny you should mention it, when I bought the tent and still had my homemade grow box in our old bedroom, she asked me how much more stuff I needed to grow well?? I laughed and said that she'd have to take a second job and I'll have to probably start panhandling if I had it my way.. She didn't find it very amusing :) Needless to say though, she supports me in this process since she knows how much purchasing bud can be, even with good connections, so a big initial investment of money and a HUGE investment in studying/time, can actually yield some great results and great product, so she knows the return on investment.. I really like your cool-tubes, so I'm going to put a "watch" out on Ebay and see what I can find.. I'm also going to peruse Amazon and some of the local Craigslist ads to see if I can find the same one, or very similar.. I think the only other small issue I may run into is getting a more hefty inline fan, but I think the one I have will do fine for now.. I think it's a 290cfm or a 2xxcfm, 6" opening.. I have a smaller carbon filter than yours, so it may not be that big of a deal..

Sounds like panhandling may be my next option!! lol

Good times GodAm4twizzle, can't wait to see you growing with a 600w in a 4'x4' tent.
Maybe you can send that led over to the capn for his comparison grow.:rofl:

Sorry Capn!!!

Good times GodAm4twizzle, can't wait to see you growing with a 600w in a 4'x4' tent.
Maybe you can send that led over to the capn for his comparison grow.:rofl:

Sorry Capn!!!

Very funny, 60cal! I'll get you for that!

Twizzle, I'm looking forward to your upgrade. You're going to really have some fun!

lol 60Cal, he'd probably throw it in the ocean, or use it as a fancy light for Christmas, something along those lines!!

Not a lot to update, although the AKR is just limping and looks sorta mutant.. I forgot to get pictures, but trust me, it's nothing impressive.. Tea is brewing, GDP seeds have a date with destiny, probably tonight.. We'll see how far I get in my homework.. Still waiting on the ballast, although I had a bit of a brain fart, and forgot that it may go to my old address as I forgot to update my address since I moved last month.. I guess I should check the tracking....

Anyway, a couple pictures.. Nothing special, but she smells super-lemony when you brush against the buds, but if it's sitting still, it smells very peppery, odd but awesome!! I think more and more pistils keep coming out, and this thing is an Auto-flower that's been going damn near 2 months now; no signs of stopping.. Hell, only a handful of the 2.7mil of pistils have started turning orangish, so I suppose this one may have a longer flower cycle.. What I'm hoping to do is just ride this out with the LED, and hopefully once the GDPs get a little bigger, put them in my tent with the MH.. I'm going to use T5s for the time being, just because I have them, and free is always good!! It's only 2, but I also have a couple 45w 6500K CFLs with reflectors that I can use, and the weather is beginning to cool down (or it's that time of year), so heat won't be as much an issue, however humidity (or lack thereof) may be..

I have to admit though, it's an odd comparison, but the CFL/LED buds I grew last time were somewhat fluffy but still had some density to them, these buds are particularly dense.. I did use the LED only on the last 3 weeks of the grow, versus this time, I've taken it through the flowering since the beginning with the LED and the CFLs as supplements.. The bud density is definitely impressing me, with my extremely limited knowledge of this stuff..

DSC006039.JPG
DSC0060411.JPG
DSC006077.JPG
DSC0060811.JPG
DSC006108.JPG
DSC006126.JPG

A little update... Suffered a bit of bud-rot towards the base of the main cola, so did a little chop-chop to the plant for survival.. Upon removal, I found a fuzzy black mold, and thankfully I caught it when I did because the main cola is so compact and so completely full that if I lost that, I would lose a serious amount of this plant.. Unfortunately though, I've also got a case of gnats, so I can only deduce that I'm getting out the majority of plagues/issues/problems out in this grow, so I shouldn't be caught by surprise anymore!!! lol But in all seriousness, this plant is a trooper, and I'm amazed she's made it this far!! I have the Afghan Kush Ryder is now rocking out pretty well and I've LST'ed her.. Wouldn't you know, she's got a tri-head, so I was able to pull down the 3 branches, and she's showing sex (still pretty quick for being an autoflower).. I've heard a lot of great things about the AKR from WoS, so I'm happy about that.. I had held off on doing the GDPs, because I still need to invest in an HID hood/light which I was planning on getting in the next week or so, but ended up having to buy a new vehicle, so that sorta zapped the remainder of my spending money, so I'll hopefully get going with the GDPs after I move at the end of the year since the AKR will probably go until mid December by my rough calculations, so unfortunately I will probably have a bit of a lapse in meds.. I may start another batch of auto seeds prior to my move and just hope for the best, so that I'm not completely assed-out after I move.. Here are some pictures of the rot-carnage..

20140929_202850.jpg
20140929_202911.jpg
20140929_203025.jpg
20140929_220950.jpg
20140929_221024.jpg
20140929_221015.jpg

This is a picture of the frostiness of an adjacent bud, for your viewing pleasure..

20140929_202855.jpg

Thanks Capn!!! I kinda think by using the Liquid KoolBloom may have contributed to the frostiness.. It may also be the strain since it is a Jack Herer.. Either way, I'm happy with the bud shape, density and smell!!

Not a whole lot to update, except for the fact that I'm probably going to be chopping the top bud off of this bitch because A) I need to get more light down below to the majority of the buds and B) I'm OUTTA BUD DAMMIT!!! The pistils are almost all orange/amber and the trichs are about 75% cloudy with a few ambers in there.. I did sample a small piece a couple days ago that I dried and even when that was about 60-75% orange pistils and cloudiness, the bud was still potent!! Definitely a head-high more than anything.. I got kinda lost in the buzz which was great!!

The AKR that I had going that I thought was sorta doomed has made a great recovery and is growing awesome!! It came out with a tri-head, so I LST'ed her and now she's nice and even with a bunch of bud sites and somewhat broad spread.. I just want the Zambeza to finish soon so I can move the AKR over to the airpot in about 2 weeks, but may move it sooner since it's in flower-mode now.. I wanna give this girl some room to stretch!

DSC006506.JPG
DSC006547.JPG
DSC006556.JPG
DSC006485.JPG

>>>A) I need to get more light down below to the majority of the buds and B) I'm OUTTA BUD DAMMIT!!!

Switch to 600W HPS, and use your LED for veg. You'll have no problem getting light to the plant, and you'll never run out of bud again!

Hey Capn!!

Honestly, that's more than likely what I'm going to do, because I think if I were to choose between the CFLs and the LED for veg, I'd probably pick the LED.. The autoflowers I've done with the LED from start to finish seem to really enjoy it and I know that the LED is a lot cooler to run than the CFLs in my veg-box.. I'm thinking I might be able to get the HID hood in a couple weeks, since the one you suggested is on sale on Amazon and I think I could probably find a bulb somewhere for relatively cheap.. I might even ask a buddy if he could loan me one for a few weeks..

So I ended up taking down the Zambeza a couple days ago because I completely forgot until my gf told me that we're going away to a family member's wedding and will be gone for about a week.. Since I've been battling mold, I decided that it's too long for me to be gone without anyone checking up on the plant even if I spent a few days flushing, and then chopped.. I cut the buds down and washed them, found a little more rot but all in all, after a washing, drying and trimming, I have just about 2.4oz. Here are some craptastic cell phone pictures.. The buds are SUPER sticky and wicked dense.. They will go in the jar late tonight. I'd been drying and curing the main cola, since I took it down a little while ago, and at 4 days in the jar curing, this thing tastes amazing with a crazy-strong high and ultra-couch lock.. Ultra-munchies, too.. I haven't slept this good in ages!!!! lol

20141016_105322.jpg
20141016_105335.jpg
20141016_105459.jpg

Nice crusty nuggets my friend!

I came back from my extra-long weekend trip to some not-so-good news... AKR looks very VERY rough.. Almost the whole plant is yellowing, starting with the oldest leaves first.. I fed her a decent nute mix, ppm's around 300, which I now admit might be a little on the conservative side of things, but after 24hrs after feeding from a 4-day no-feeding is definitely not bouncing back like I had hoped.. The WWs are looking great, for the most part, although they are starting to show their signs of deficiencies, too..

Soooooo.. Another rehab session is in order for my plants.. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to go through this again, but at least I'm not worried about spider mites or gnats this time around, as the two products the Capn suggested, seemed to have eradicated both sets of colonies..

I was originally going to plant the GDP seeds I had, but decided against it, a few weeks back, because I realized I just wouldn't have enough time, since we're moving out of this apartment to another one at the end of the year.. Had I not procrastinated, I probably would've started the GDPs back in August, but I was just getting moved in and wasn't sure about how I could set up the veg box again, since I didn't know the neighbors..

And a side note..

So I've got my last harvest of the Zambeza Jack Herer Auto in a 2qt jar. I put it in the jar after drying for about 5 days after the wash.. I felt they might have been slightly over dried, so I still threw them into the jar with a Boveda and a monitor, and left for my trip.. I came home and it was at ~60% humidity.. Keep in mind, I was gone 4 days.. Over the last 2 days that I've been home, the humidity has dropped to 55%, and that's after I put a second Boveda in to see if I could slow down the drop in RH.. So far, doesn't look like it's working, and when I opened the jar a minute ago, it still has a bit of a hay smell, so I may have inadvertently ruined the tastiness of this bud.. Kinda sucks, but we'll see what happens.. When I move some of the buds, they produce a great smell though, very fruity.. The taste is great so far, which is going to kill me if I can't get these things to cure a little more..

20141023_062127.jpg
20141023_062134.jpg
20141023_062139.jpg
20141023_062210.jpg
20141023_063304.jpg

My last )first) harvest was plucked a week maybe 10 days too soon and I also washed, but used the H2O2 dip as well which further sped up the dry, but I know that hay smell you speak of, not the best smell in the world for sure. I also noticed my buds lost potency after a little over a month in jars. My errors made my produce start as a mid which declined to a shwag. Live and learn!

The 2nd pic looks root bound, unless it's an auto. Don't know from experience, but I'm gathering that autos are only good for mass production grows as the grower has way less options for manipulating yields. I've "read" that they shouldn't be topped or any high stress as this slows growth and they're gonna finish on whatever predetermined day their instincts determine regardless of what we do to them, so it's wise to just let them be the best they can be on their own.

Yeah, I was very surprised at how fast the outsides of the buds got dry and then over night the moisture would wick out a bit more and then they'd dry quick.. I'm definitely going to wash my buds from here on out, especially with the amount of cat hair, dust and bug turds/carcasses that came out.

So far, everything I've grown has been an auto, mostly for the ease of learning.. So far though, none of them have been "quick" as they claim, since the veg period on autos is so short at only a couple weeks before it flips itself into flower mode. Other than that, it shares a lot of similarities, but you're absolutely right that topping/FIM'ing/Super-cropping are frowned upon because of the extremely short life span of an auto. Bending seems to be the only acceptable training that works the best from all that I've read and seen, and the plants seem to take to it fairly well. I wanted to bend one of the WW autos I have, but the stalk is so thick and rigid already that it just wasn't happening. Turns out, the tall one that you mentioned was a bit root-bound, which is probably happening to the little WW next to it..

I'm not sure if I have it right yet, as it's too early to say for sure, but this morning when I poked my head into the tent, some of the yellowed leaves have started regaining some green on the AKR, and it almost looks like there might be some purple leaves in there.. Definitely think this plant is going to finish before the end of December. I'm sorta torn now, as I think I'm going to not put that one on the Capn-Style and just move the WWs over to the Capn-style, but I need to modify a basin so I can get everything to fit in the small tent I have.. Man, I can't wait until I hit the lottery so I can buy a couple of larger tents and proper lighting lol

Keep at it GodAm4twizzle, your doing great and learning a lot. Good luck on your lottery.

Back
Top Bottom