GodAmJT's Perpetual Greenery

Well well well.. Another update...

AKR is doing whatever.. I don't even know where to begin.. Sorta had some more pH issues, but the WWs didn't seem as phased by it as the AKR did, but the AKR is so bushy, I don't know how badly it was affected.. I guess 4 days without water was nearing the limit before the plant croaked. It's been over a week and a half nursing it back, and it's still right on the fringe of being healthy.. Looks like the ends of the main colas have foxtailed a little, so the shape may be kinda funny.. A lot of the pistils turned orange during that time, but a ton of new white ones have come out to play..

The WWs seem to be doing just fine!! Kinda weird in a way, but I think they're the same pheno, as both of them look nearly identical, except one of them is shorter and seems like it's lagging the other by about 4 or 5 days, even though they sprouted the same time and have been growing steadily since..

Looks like it's getting crowded in there!! From what I've read, the AKR is a relatively quick finisher, so I'm thinking it should be done by the end of November, with no other screw-ups, and the WWs should be done by the end of December, if all goes as planned.. That would be a 13-15 week run on the WWs..

DSC006587.JPG
DSC006597.JPG
DSC006608.JPG
DSC006617.JPG
DSC006625.JPG

Lookin hella cannalicious in there!

Thanks!! I'm not really sure where the AKR stands though, since I'm not sure if I'm under-feeding, or if it's just not happy yet.. I'm brewing some tea right now that should be at the 36hr mark tonight, so I'll throw some in then, and I'll be postponing their morning feeding since I need to do a res change on the WWs, but a good dose of tea should do them, right.. Humidity is very low today, and it's lower inside the tent at around 22%, so I may toss a small humidifier in there if it gets any lower.. That's one thing that sucks about growing in this environment in the winter is the low-low humidity.. It's not quite winter yet, but it sure feels like it at night lately..

Humidity is easier to get into the air than take out of the air so that's a semi good problem to have.

Here are a couple pictures of the AKR from yesterday's watering.. It's the only one of the 3 that isn't on the automatic top-feed, so I hand-feed her every day.. I was unaware that AKR had purple traits in its lineage, but I guess this one does?? Or is this thing dying?? lol At any rate, some of the leaves look very rough, I'm guessing they'll never bounce back, especially the ones with some damage from the 4-day drought.. All of the new growth looks very healthy and vigorous and the buds are starting to fill in.. I can't quite place the smell, but it's starting to get stinky!!

DSC006685.JPG
DSC006677.JPG
DSC006647.JPG
DSC006639.JPG

I know it's been a minute since an update, but I kept looking in my tent the last few days, wondering why it's just not swelling.. Well, I took out the loupe and it looks like on the most purple colas, the trichs are about 60-70% cloudy, and on the new, very green growth, the trichs are still forming, so this may be a 2-3 harvest plant.. Unfortunately, I'm guessing by the looks of these pathetic, airy buds that I may only be getting a little less than a half ounce off this little beauty.. She has a very distinct, can't-quite-place-it smell, which isn't all that appealing, until I move the plant and then it smells great!! Very VERY kush smell to it!! (I would hope!!)

As for the WWs.......

YESSSSSSS!!! This is the vigor I was hoping for!!! Or, I just have it figured out.. Who knows.. What I do know, is that WW #1, who I thought was my Alpha female, appears to be about 2-3 weeks ahead of what USED to be Gimpy #2.. Now, #2 is WAAAAAAAAY bigger than #1, and I've LST'ed some of the lower branches and found that it doesn't have much growth towards the base of the stalk like the other plants I've grown, so this thing looks like it's going to be alllllll bud!! If either of them are ANYTHING like the Blue Amnesia I grew from MoC, then I'm going to be very excited, as this grow has been working out a bit better than my first, second or 3rd!!! I think the EC might still be a smidge high at 0.4-0.5, since I'm getting a tip-burn, but that's EXACTLY where I think the plant should be!! Just the tip!!

And what would one of my updates be without...... SHITTY CELL PHONE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20141119_212241.jpg
20141119_212147.jpg
20141119_212139.jpg
20141119_212124.jpg

Your phone makes them look great. I hope they're not fox tailing on ya b/c that just prolongs the chop date and was what screwed me last time I had a harvest (too early). If it is fox tails, can you wait it out?

Your phone makes them look great. I hope they're not fox tailing on ya b/c that just prolongs the chop date and was what screwed me last time I had a harvest (too early). If it is fox tails, can you wait it out?

Thanks man!! They definitely do resemble some foxtailing, as some of the lower growth became very tall and spindly.. I'm not too worried, as the AKR seeds were free, but I was hoping to get some thicker purple buds with this one, as I'm still sorta taken back by the AKR producing purple in the first place!! I'm not sure how autos respond with foxtailing, but I'm guessing not well.. I'm going to give it a week and reassess the trichs.. If I get closer to 90% cloudy, then it's chop time.. the WWs are growing every day, and I've got them at an EC that I think is right on the edge, so I hope as soon as I chop the AKR, I can start focusing all of the lights I have in there on the 2 plants.. My gf was thinking it may not be good to move at the end of December, because our finances are a little funky right now, especially having to bring one of her cats to the vets today is gonna put a nice dent in the money we had saved.. We love the cat (and I'm not much of a cat person, if that tells you anything), so moving takes a back seat.. I'm dying to get some of the GDP seeds I have going since it's going to be a while before they're ready, and I don't think these 3 small plants will last me 6+ months, so we'll see what I can put together in the mean time.. I may grow a pair of autos just to account for the lengthy veg/flower times..

If autos handle foxtailing like photos do, then I will do my best to hold out, but this thing smells awesome, and I've got about a 0.5oz of my last batch of JH left, so for the plant's sake, I'll give her another week, and if it doesn't start to get any bigger, or show new development, she's getting the ole smoke report!! :)

Any updates on your set-up?!?! :)

I was really hoping to build a flower room, but some misfortune also 'claimed" my funds and now I am unable. So I will veg a few more weeks and hope for better luck with my developments. Other than that, my grow is going well. Had some minor P deficiencies, made some 100 PPM RO/Flora Bloom foliar spray and after just one feeding to the undersides of the leaves, all 4 plants are looking much better and recovering from the last set of toppings I put them through the other day (6 cuts each plant).

Welcome aboard!! Thanks for stopping in!! Here are some pictures I just took.. This camera is making me crazy, and I think it's either possessed, or it's this apartment, because the battery sometimes won't take a charge, sometimes it can take 2 pictures and die, and earlier, it was on for about 25min straight, I took about 30 pictures, and the battery indicator didn't even flinch.. Besides that, the quality isn't nearly as good as my last one, so maybe I'll go check the pawn shops for a decent replacement..

Anyway, one of the pictures is showing the top cola of the taller plant.. It's got something funky going on, as it looks like a serious deficiency, but part of me is thinking the LED is a wee bit close, as it's only about 4" or 5" from it, but it's not a direct shot, it's sort of catching it from an angle.. Anyway, the jar is the AKR I harvested, 20.4g and it's wispy, airy and probably some of the worst-shaped bud I've ever seen in my life, but it smells good.. Doesn't have much of a taste to it, but it's only been about a week and a half.. The nugget is from the Jack Herer I harvested a little while ago; super SUPER sweet tasting, very arromatic now after a month and a half or so in the jar.. Definitely a wicked CBD strain, as I've never had the munchies like that before, and I've honestly never slept that good in my life!!!!!!!!! 9 straight hours!!!!!! I'm glad I had a bud that gave me 5 good seeds, and since it's feminized, I've got a good chance of getting all bitches!!! Yessssssssssssssss!!!

DSC006745.JPG
DSC006754.JPG
DSC006768.JPG
DSC006794.JPG
DSC006837.JPG
DSC006868.JPG
DSC006897.JPG
DSC006928.JPG

Keeping bitches on the line is always a good thing! As far as your deficiency, my Phosphorus(P) deficiency learned me that a P deficiency is common in flower and since your leaf tips and margins look a lot like my lower sets, you might first look there. Also, PH swings lends to locking out P which is what she needs to keep stacking those buds and swelling her calyxes. Once P def kicks in, I read they can't photosynthesize correctly and the leaves get gnarly and necrotic. Also ensure your Cal/Mag is sufficient. We kind of shoot ourselves in the feet using RO as it filters out a lot of Mg and most nutes are formulated for tap water, not RO. If your RH is frequently low (below 30%), K deficiency will likely strike as well. Sure the low RH is great for mold prevention, but it also causes the ladies to over evaporate. So if you got a P def in low humidity, you can shoot two birds with one stone and increase bloom nutes a tad in your next res change.

Hey Sky: That's a great point, as last week's res had a little less Bloom and a little less KoolBloom because I had been playing around with a different set of nute numbers.. Before I chopped the AKR, I was mixing for the AKR with an EC of 0.7-.08, pull 2 gals out of the res, and then dilute it to the 0.1-0.2 that I needed for these, pH adjust and run.. I wanted to try a little different mix with the WWs because I felt they might be a little sensitive, but it seems like I went the other way.. I am at an EC of 0.4-0.5 or a ppm of 250-ish at the 0.5 conversion.. I upped the Bloom a tad and the KoolBloom, as well as lowered the Floralicious+ 0.5ml (I was using 2.0ml the week before), as well as upped the Silica a little bit to work the pH better than adding UP.. I guess we'll see how it goes, but unfortunately, I don't have much room for a humidifier in the tent, but I might be able to get it in the room near the tent to get the RH up a little more.. Besides, my sinuses are all messed up, so this could be a good reason to dig it out..

KingJohn: Yeah, unfortunately that plant just completely stalled out, and just stopped doing anything, so I chopped it about 2.5weeks ago, and it's in the jar with hopes to at least turn out okay.. I smoked a small sample and it wasn't all that strong, super-mellow, but no taste or smell, but it had a smell at one point, so I don't know.. Next time I have the jar open, I'll pull a couple of them out and take some pictures..

When I went on a road trip a few weeks ago and returned with some premature samples, I didn't notice the traditional fuely smell till after the grassy produce smell was gone, after the dry. As it settled into the curing process is when the tell tale odor started to become evident.

So last night was the last night for me growing for about a year or so.. Due to unforeseen financial issues, and a couple other things, the gf and I are moving in with some other folks for a bit, and we're sort of estimating us being back on our feet within the next year or so.. Fingers-crossed!!

I put the chop to the WWs.. Took about 3hrs to cut down, de-leaf and wash. I skipped the H2O2 part of the wash this time, and I hung them, as you can see in the pictures, in a sort of new fashion I just sorta thought of.. Since I kept the rest of the rack set that goes with the metal wire racks, I just screwed the poles on, and it made for a perfect height.. When looking at the pictures, the buds hanging on the left are WW#2 which started out as a runt, and outgrew it's sister.. The one on the right is #1.. If my camera were a little better, you could have got the pre-chop pictures of #1, but no avail. I'm not sure if it's the airpot or what, but the 2 plants started out with the EXACT same shape, size and even node/leaf configuration.. Well, I transplanted #1 first, because I could tell she was root-bound.. I transplanted #2 a week or so later, and it grew bigger.. Much bigger..

Yes, I will admit, I'm a bit sad that I had to chop these as early as I did.. They were still throwing out some white pistils, WW#1 especially, who also started foxtailing a bit, so I think another 2 weeks would've done it for sure, but who knows.. Landlord called me earlier in the week and asked the earliest it'd be okay to start bringing over folks to see the place, and I said Sunday, so that gives me until then to get these things in the jars, and the tent down.. I've already got just about everything out of the tent when I was chopping yesterday.. What a PITA, but hey, at least the plants were close to harvest, and not scrawny little turds..

So here are some more fabulously shite pictures, for your viewing........... pleasure??

DSC007005.JPG
DSC007027.JPG
DSC007035.JPG
DSC007044.JPG
DSC007054.JPG
DSC007065.JPG
DSC007078.JPG
DSC007097.JPG
DSC007107.JPG
DSC007138.JPG

Looks like you had a plentiful chop, they look great too! The gifts arrived on schedule and I am very grateful for them. I used the hydroguard @ 2ml/gal in the Heisenberg tea, I even bumped up the molasses a bit to accommodate. I still say it sucks that you have to bench yourself for the rest of the game. i truly hope whatever is limiting you from playing passes sooner than later.

Thanks Sky and KingJohn!!!

So last night I did what I believe to be a final weigh-in, and I got 89.5g dried, in the jars w/ Bovedas.. Not entirely sure about the weight of the trim, but I'm guessing probably close to 1oz which I will make into some dabs, since it was pretty easy last time and didn't take a lot of effort.. When I get home tonight, I'll take pictures of the jars and of the dried bud.. It looks great, and even smells awesome.. I tried some last night, and it already has a great taste, so I can only imagine what this is going to be like in a month or 2!!

Also, thanks again you guys for all of the advice and help you've thrown my way over the last year or so!! I promise I will still be here, lurking, talking shit, admiring what you guys are doing and I also promise that I will be growing again soon!!! Who knows, maybe when I start up again it'll be a 4'x4' tent with either some bigger LED panels or some HID.. Depends on how much money I can pull together over the next few months.. :)

Back
Top Bottom