Golfer420 - Soil - NL Auto - 2015

Trimmed quite a few yellowed and dying leaves off both girls. Looked under the loupe and some tiny trichomes near the buds on top of plant 1. Not so much under plant 2.

I was going to give them a very light feeding but I'm beginning to think they're as close to being done as possible. I will post pics tomorrow night but many of the pistils are browning. I'd say close to 60-80%. Hard to tell if the trichomes have changed any colors.

I'm wondering if it makes sense to keep going much longer with these two. Can't harvest this weekend so most likely the following weekend. They haven't really grown or changed much (besides losing leaves) in the past 2 weeks.

Appreciate the help from those following along. While this isn't the most amazing beginner grow, I am more knowledgeable thanks to this web site.

I would really start flushing them ASAP. The plants look awesome and is hate for you to get to your smoke and it be super harsh as the flowers still have nutes in them. When you smoke the flower should turn a grey color and not a black color when lit on fire.
First grow is not about creating amazing grows that blow people's mind it's about the experience. Not that you've got a grow under your belt you can try different things to create that mind blowing grow!

As promised, here are some pictures. After looking at the close ups, I'm feeling a little better about these ladies. In the last 5 days from when I took my last pictures, I see some bulking up of the buds (not crazy but visible) and plant 1 is definitely showing more trichomes and some trichomes that have turned cloudy/amber. Plant 2 not so much. She definitely needs more time.

I am only going to give water from now on - probably another week or two. I will probably do a flush (run two 500 ml water bottles through) Sunday.

I counted about 16 buds plush the cola on each plant. Didn't pull off additional yellow leaves today.

I'm thinking maybe a week more for plant 1 and two weeks for plant 2.

Enjoy the pictures:thumb:

Day_65_both_side.JPG

Day_65_both_under_light.JPG

Under the (2) 23w, (2) 46w and 300w old style Mars Hydro
Day_65_cola_close_up_plant_1.JPG

Plant 1 cola
Day_65_cola_plant_1.JPG

Plant 1 cola close up
Day_65_close_up_plant_1.JPG

Plant 1 bud
Day_65_bud_plant_1.JPG

Plant 1 bud
Day_65_trichome_plant_1.JPG

Plant 1 trichomes

I've made the decision to harvest plant 1. I watered both today, but I am putting plant 1 into darkness for 48 hours tonight before I cut her down Tuesday night. I'm going to let plant 2 go another week or so.

I also germinated 2 more of my NL seeds and one is outside in the 3gal fabric pot. The other is inside a small grow tent under the 45w LED. Once I'm done with plant 2, I will move the Mars Hydro 300w (old style) into the grow tent.

Here are some pictures from today. Plant 1 continues to look pretty frosty and more of the trichomes are turning amber. The cola seems to have burnt/dried out - see the close up.

Thanks for everyone's help. I will likely start another grow journal for the new ones, but I'll add the pic of the one in the grow tent.

Day_75_7wk_Flower_both.JPG

Both together
Day_75_7wk_flower_plant_1_top_cola.JPG

Dried out cola of plant 1
Day_65_trichome_plant_1.JPG

Bud on plant 1
Day_75_7wk_flower_plant_1_bud.JPG

Bud on plant 1
Day_75_7wk_flower_plant_1_bud_close_up.JPG

Bud close up plant 1

A few updates!

Here are pictures of the plant 1 buds after clipping and before they go to cure for a few weeks. Smoked a tiny one I cut right off the stem and while a little "hay"ish - it really wasn't that harsh. And I'm buzzed as I type this, so I can only hope the bigger buds deliver a smoother better buzz after curing. A little airy (I probably wouldn't be thrilled if I had paid for this stuff) but I'm so much more forgiving since I created it!

Next time I will trim more fan leaves off. They dried and made the buds looks even more airy. I also saw where you can roll them a bit while still moist in saran wrap to make them 'tighter' looking. I didn't do that either. On plant 2 I will check the buds that I nipped a bit for backbuilding. I'll post pictures.

Only able to get 13.4 grams. Plant 2 is in the dark till Wednesday when she will be harvested and hung up (her picture is below). I don't think I'll get another 13.4g but between the two plants I will be very close to hitting an ounce. Not bad for tiny pots.

I also germinated two more NL Autos. One is outside in a 3gal fabric pot and the other is in a tiny (30x18x30) grow tent with a 300w Mars Hydro old style. As you can see it's running a bit hot. The heat wave we're having isn't helping. I bought a 6" exhaust fan so hopefully that will help.

Big difference between the inside plant and the outside one. I just don't live in a sunny enough place for pot growing. We'll see how she does. The inside plant is also 10 days old but so very close to the soil. I'm watering the inside one with water bottles so the PH is right around 6.5. Since they're in these 3gal pots I can't get ph readings as easily from the run off.

plant_1_harvest_.JPG

plant_1_harvest_close_up.JPG

Day_81_wk_8_flower_Plant_2.JPG

Day_81_wk_8_flower_Plant_2_bud.JPG

Day_10_Outside_plant.JPG
Day_10_Inside.JPG

I AM A DADDY check journal

Plant 2 has started curing! Both plants are now in the little jars doing their thing. Plant 1 smells better every day.

Here is plant 2 after drying, after trimming and getting weighed. Finally, a shot of them both in the jars.

Both of these fit the 'popcorn' bud description accurately, but plant 2 was definitely a smaller yield. Only 10g's. Total about 24g from both plants. I'm happy that they both made it to cure. I've smoked a bit here and there and I get a decent buzz, nothing overpowering.

The second grow is underway and I'm hoping the larger fabric pot will help. Beginning to re-think the 30" high tent I got. Probably should have gone for 48" instead. I seem to like challenging myself in some way instead of just doing it completely right the first time - like get a big tent, a good hps/mh light. Hindsight is always 20-20 and I keep seeing some amazing stuff being grown in really small places so I have something to strive for.

Plant_2_harvested.JPG

Plant_2_trimmed.JPG

Plant_2_weighed.JPG

Both_curing.JPG

Plant 2 is on the left and plant 1 is on the right. The RH readings aren't accurate as they were out of the jars for about 30 minutes before taking this picture. Plant 2 is avg 65% and plant 1 has been around 58%.

Final post to my first grow. Thanks for watching and the feedback.

The smoke is decent. The first plant that went to curing is tasting good after two weeks in cure and the rh around 58. Second plant doesn't smell as good as the first but maybe that will change as it cures more. Decent buzz. Gives a couch/sleepy type of buzz but not too overpowering. I can tell the thc level is not like some of the stuff we normally buy.

The wife ran dry today and it was her first time for smoking it. I was happy to say she enjoyed it.

You can move this grow over to completed.

:thanks:

good job buddy

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

looking good

Back
Top Bottom